Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Tennessee > Coed Discussions - Tennessee
Coed Discussions - Tennessee Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 265
sharkman29 253
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70438
biomed160743
Yssup Rider60108
gman4452952
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47639
pyramider46370
bambino40366
CryptKicker37099
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35479
Mojojo33117

Old 05-02-2017, 11:43 AM   #1
Madeline Tze
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 175088
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Talking Coming to Memphis

Hey guys and gals.
I am coming to Memphis this month and I heard of some great events that are going on.
I would like to know places that are good to host and what places to avoid.
And most importantly where is the best BBQ in the city?

Thanks y'all
Madeline Tze is offline   Quote
Old 05-02-2017, 03:08 PM   #2
ecl38117
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 5

Safest hotels id say are on the southeast side of 240. Stay away from sycamore view or any thing around the air port. Bbq would be central bbq or rendevoix.
ecl38117 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 02:54 AM   #3
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecl38117 View Post
Bbq would be central bbq or rendevoix.
Well... the problem in asking "where is the best BBQ in" Memphis is that if you ask 10 random Memphians that question, you're likely to get up to 10 different answers. (I'd be shocked if you didn't get at least 7.)

Central (https://cbqmemphis.com/) is definitely in the conversation, and they have 3 locations in the city, so the likelihood that you'll be pretty convenient to at least one of them is pretty good. The Rendezvous (https://www.hogsfly.com/)... I'm of mixed feelings. It's sort of statutorily required that Memphians at least recommend to their visiting friends that they visit the Rendezvous (if not just outright take them there), but of the last 5 or so visiting friends I've made that recommendation to, at least 4 have been less than impressed by their experience, to the point that I'm hesitant to recommend it anymore. (One possible explanation: my sources suggest that the Rendezvous's ribs are charcoal grilled vice slow smoked Memphis style--nothing wrong with that (I grew up in St. Louis, MO, where "barbecue" was synonymous with "charcoal grilled" and few of us would have known what a smoker was if one came up and kicked us in the balls), but it's not what the Memphis BBQ aficionado considers true "barbecue".)

My personal favorites for local 'cue are either Central or The Bar-B-Q Shop on Madison (https://www.facebook.com/TheBarBQShop/), which has something few (if any) Memphis BBQ joints have: the endorsement of Nobel Prize Laureate Bob Dylan. Other places you'll hear mentioned favorably: Jim Neely's Interstate Barbecue (http://interstatebarbecue.com/), Payne's Bar-B-Que (https://www.facebook.com/pages/Payne...57672144255356), Leonard's Pit Barbecue (http://www.leonardsbarbecue.com/), Cozy Corner BBQ (http://www.cozycornerbbq.com/, highly recommended for their smoked Cornish game hen if you want a change of pace from the usual smoked pork you find here), and... hell, I know I'm neglecting some worthy candidates for "Best 'cue in Memphis"... I'm sure others will weigh in here, because there is nothing Memphians like to argue about more than what is the best 'cue in the city.

Enjoy.

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 07:28 AM   #4
Madeline Tze
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you.
Old 05-03-2017, 08:15 AM   #5
Poolpass495
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 19

If you're here from the 17-20, the best BBQ will be at BBQ fest, down by the river. Some tents you'll have to pay; and others, I'm sure you can charm your way. Huge event, many competitors and a sh*t load of alcohol.
Poolpass495 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 09:05 AM   #6
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Best fried chicken...Guss's
Best bbq was Germantown Commisary. .is it still opeb?

Have fun
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:20 AM   #7
SlowHand50
Valued Poster

Default Yes

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post

Have fun
The Commissary is still open, definitely. And still good. I like Central, too. And if you like hole-in-the-wall type BBQ places with really good product but little atmosphere, try Payne's on Lamar. Yummmm! Definitely Gus's for chicken.
SlowHand50 is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:23 AM   #8
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

They have a Gus's in kansas city area...and supposed to put one in Springfield Mo....same guy as Memphis one

And the Commisary has kickass bbq nachos
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 05-03-2017, 10:26 AM   #9
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Quote:

Have fun
Yes, the Commissary is still open. It's very good, but I disagree on it being the best (then again, I disagree with you about a number of things, including your high opinion of me as a playmate, but I still love you for it ). I tend to forget about the Commissary because it's so far away from my normal haunts; I really can't justify driving close to 40 miles round trip when I can get 'cue of at least equal quality much closer to me. But Madeline, if you wind up staying in East Memphis or Germantown you might find the Commissary quite convenient, and the quality of the grub there is certainly more than satisfactory. http://www.commissarybbq.com/ for more information.

I hate to confess that I still need to get to Gus's sometime. After 15 years here you'd think I'd be able to get to it by now.

Cheers,

bcg
Old 05-03-2017, 10:36 AM   #10
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Quote:
They have a Gus's in kansas city area...and supposed to put one in Springfield Mo....same guy as Memphis one
Gus's went on an expansion kick a while ago IIRC. If I'm counting correctly, they've got 20 locations around the country, and are fixin' to open five more. See http://gusfriedchicken.com/ (click on "Locations").

FWIW. while Gus's is thought of as a Memphis establishment, IIRC the original restaurant is the one in Mason, TN, and a friend of mine insists you have to go there for the true Gus's experience.

Cheers,

bcg
Old 05-03-2017, 06:27 PM   #11
Alera2017
The1andonly

User ID: 390867
My ECCIE Reviews

Yes the one in Mason is great. And I'd agree with your friend BCG, it's there that you'll get the true Gus's experience. But I'm sure all of their locations are good. As for BBQ I couldn't tell you but I do always hear about rendezvous. Happy hobbying ladies and stay safe
Alera2017 is offline   Quote
Old 05-04-2017, 09:26 AM   #12
Madeline Tze
Upgraded Female Account

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks y'all GUSS'S and hole in the walls got it !!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women