Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Member Suggestions and Forum Requests
Member Suggestions and Forum Requests This site is being designed around our membership. Please share your feedback and give suggestions. Use this section to request new forums or changes/updates as well. (For staff assistance, contact your local moderator, or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff forum in each city)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 03-28-2013, 10:25 PM   #1
Alexander The Great
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1
Default Should North Florida be split into two areas?

I think it would be helpful to split out the Panhandle from the existing North Florida board. As defined on this board North Florida is a huge area, stretching ~400 miles east to west. As far as terminology, I'd also think that anyone that lives in the Panhandle would say that they live in the Panhandle, not North Florida (Wikitravel seems to agree about the terminology). Jacksonville alone could support a forum community: it's the 40th-largest metropolitan statistical area in the country and it alone gets enough posting to create a useful forum on another board (Eccie seems to be a much better board technically/for usability, though, so I'd like to see it do well). Jacksonville is the core of the First Coast, but I could see a useful geographic grouping for a forum stretching out to about Gainesville. If the board were more targeted than it is now I also think it would become more useful to members and thereby generate more traffic (a network effect).
Alexander The Great is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 10:04 AM   #2
sunspots
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Yea call it baja alabama
sunspots is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:46 PM   #3
Dick BadCock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 78

As a part time visitor and former resident of NW Florida aka the pan handle I would say yes. Pensacola east to Panama City Beach should be separate from Tallahassee east.
Dick BadCock is offline   Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 02:14 PM   #4
Alexander The Great
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dick BadCock View Post
Pensacola east to Panama City Beach should be separate from Tallahassee east.
Yeah, I'd say smaller regions (reasonably drivable incall/outcall distances) are needed, or even just metropolitan areas. The problem as I see it, as a Jacksonville resident, is that a few Jacksonville postings are lost amongst a slew of Pensacola ones, with no way to separate them out except opening every thread.
Old 03-29-2013, 10:40 PM   #5
st_mike
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

I always assumed it was this way because the Panhandle didn't have enough of a presence to have a forum all it's own so they grouped them with Jacksonville and the other metropolitan areas to make it worth while.
st_mike is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 01:03 AM   #6
Alexander The Great
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by st_mike View Post
I always assumed it was this way because the Panhandle didn't have enough of a presence to have a forum all it's own so they grouped them with Jacksonville and the other metropolitan areas to make it worth while.
It seems to be working out just the opposite of that, though: despite its lower population the Panhandle seems to have caught on on this forum, and clearly could survive as its own subforum. Jacksonville, on the other hand, doesn't have a useful presence on the forum, while it does on a competing forum. I think that's because the Jacksonville posts are hidden amongst ones from another area, discouraging people from posting about Jacksonville on this forum.

A quote from the Florida forum:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpalmson View Post
I have suggested this multiple times with no to little action. I firmly believe we need the North Florida section split into the two following categories-- Jacksonville/Gainesville/First Coast and the Redneck Riviera (Tally, Panama City, P'Cola and Dothan, AL). If it is east of I-75, it should be in the Jax area; west of I-75-- the Panhandle area.
Old 03-30-2013, 08:28 AM   #7
st_mike
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 4

Some of the decisions I am sure were made just to simplify running of the site. I agree with you that if it was up to me I would put everything from Spanish Fort east as part of the Panhandle and probably split up both Tally and Jacksonville into their own sub areas.

This however would probably confuse non-locals who wouldn't know where to post their ad or questions when they were visiting AL but the area would be listed under FL.
st_mike is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:06 PM   #8
KarynKumming
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 168038

It sounds reasonable to me. When I think of north Florida, it includes Jax and the surrounding areas. The panhandle is always the panhandle.
KarynKumming is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:23 PM   #9
gulflover
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29

Yes to Baldwin County being in the Panhandle! I'm closer to Pensacola than Mobile and do almost all my hobbying over there.
gulflover is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 04:33 PM   #10
Alexander The Great
Gaining Momentum

There are also some posts on this in the North Florida forum.
Old 03-30-2013, 05:36 PM   #11
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

When I think of North FL I think of: Tallahassee, Jax, Pensacola, Gainesville. But then again, if ladies would just put city names in the subject lines, there wouldn't be too much headaches for the gents.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:17 PM   #12
Alexander The Great
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
...if ladies would just put city names in the subject lines, there wouldn't be too much headaches for the gents.
Reviews don't have city names in the titles or the hover preview. Even adding them wouldn't solve the problem though: we need localized communities to generate traffic/be useful.
Old 03-30-2013, 06:47 PM   #13
Dick BadCock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 78

I can see that working for Jacksonville. I remember back on ASPD the whole state of Mississippi was lumped in with New Orleans. Then it got it's own forum and blossomed. the mississipi forum is probably more active than the area I am in now that includes Tampa and Orlando.
Dick BadCock is offline   Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 10:03 AM   #14
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander The Great View Post
Reviews don't have city names in the titles or the hover preview. ...
I didn't know this suggestion was mainly for the review section.
tia travels is offline   Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:45 PM   #15
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

This is doable. Might not be overnight though.
administrator is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women