Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47444
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 05-27-2013, 03:46 AM   #1
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 115962
Default Must One Risk Madness to Achieve Genius?

I don't know who is more cursed....the all-encompassing intellectual or the nimble minded arrogant

Is intelligence a gift or a heavy burden - "I want to know everything and nothing at all"

Some people were born to live - and some were born to just think

In "The Essential Psychopathology of Creativity", Andrea Kuszewski notes:

Genius requires penetrating insight into reality, whereas madness is confusion about reality. Nonetheless, both madness and genius appear likely to be positively related to the broad trait of Openness/Intellect. Without the tendency to perceive patterns that is fundamental to Openness, Intellect may by unlikely to lead to the creativity required for genius. Perhaps, then, genius is most likely to emerge given the combination of high Intellect and high Openness, and one must risk madness to achieve genius.
"

And what's wrong with risking madness? Of course no one likes going mad ....but if it's your natural state of being then so be it

"Were it not for those “disordered” genes, you wouldn’t have extremely creative, successful people. Being in the absolute middle of every trait spectrum, not too extreme in any one direction, makes you balanced, but rather boring. The tails of the spectrum, or the fringe, is where all the exciting stuff happens. Some of the exciting stuff goes uncontrolled and ends up being a psychological disorder, but some of those people with the traits that define Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia, ADHD, and other psychological conditions, have the fortunate gift of high cognitive control paired with those traits, and end up being the creative geniuses that we admire, aspire to be like, and desperately need in this world."

hell Yea
Zabrina Sarafina is offline   Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:34 AM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

It depends on how you define madness. Why do you define OCD, ADHD, and the rest as madmess. Is obsession to do something that no one else has done madness? The same thing for someone wanting to be the best at something? Is Michael Jordan mad? or Tiger Woods? Don't you think that both Obama and Hillary are obsessed with becoming president? If they are mad then aren't they disqualified from performing the job?

You come up with a lot of stuff like this. It sounds good in some magazine but you need to think about it all means in the real world.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #3
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 115962

I have always felt it was more of a curse than a gift. It has always seemed and I have envied the slow relaxed more natural pace others minds seem to be. Also, frustrates me how my mind rushes at lightning speed and I struggle to keep up - the rest of me. I wish I could make projects manifest faster, it seems in the physical reality, everything moves at a sluggish pace ....and it drives me mad

I'm just used to moving at a faster pace, when things happen instantaneously. I wish to experience that god-like stage once again...
Zabrina Sarafina is offline   Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:28 AM   #4
Jewish Lawyer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Are you saying people who are organically already "mad" can suppress it by not thinking about it? Does delving into one's pathology risk manifestation of it past the point of no return?
Jewish Lawyer is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women