Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47444
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 05-24-2013, 12:05 AM   #1
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20
Default Pain is deep for those who trusted him

Some are finally seeing the light. Here's an interesting take on the Obama administration:

It has to be one of the worst feelings of all, when someone you trusted, someone you thought you knew, turns out to be someone who breaks your heart, someone who lets you down.

It can make you feel so duped.

It can also make you determined never to trust anyone again, which is of course the greatest damage of all, robbing you of the willingness to believe that most people are worthy of trust.

Politicians are among the worst offenders, lulling us into believing they actually care for us and identify with our needs, only to be revealed as bureaucratic charlatans once they’ve received our votes and settled into office.

That’s what makes the suspicions now engulfing President Obama such a fascinating study in how we digest the news of yet another public figure caught wallowing in some pretty murky waters.

For those who never liked the man, these are the best of times, which perhaps says more about them than it does about him, for what can you say about anyone who takes pleasure in seeing a presidency in crisis?

This is not written for them.

It’s written for those who went into a swoon the night his star went into orbit following a riveting speech at the Democratic National Convention here in 2004; they haven’t had an objective thought about him since.

And it’s written for those who were cool to his candidacy, realizing he had no record of achievement to offer, no imposing resume whatsoever. Yet they had to admit he did seem squeaky clean, and he was young and fresh with new ideas, and a handsome family just added to the possibility he might be a welcome change in the White House. So they begrudgingly wished him the best.

But now he stands in the shadows of a burgeoning disgrace, evoking the question that became a national mantra when Richard Nixon was under fire for the rot that infested his administration: What did the president know, and when did he know it?

Obtaining the phone records of the Associated Press, and targeting political opponents for special IRS scrutiny, and misleading the public on what really happened at the U.S. consulate in Benghazi, where four Americans, including our ambassador, were killed is a whole lot worse than “a third-rate burglary,” which was Nixon’s infamous attempt to pooh-pooh the Watergate break-in.

Indeed, this is the stuff of unfitness for office.

Little wonder his dismayed followers, in their denial, are pleading for the story to be ignored, because the more you stir it, the more it stinks.

This is what will remain of the Obama presidency. It started with such hope and promise. It's devastating to find out it was all a sham.

http://bostonherald.com/news_opinion...ho_trusted_him
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:26 AM   #2
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

I have written this many times. I call it the anatomy of the con. When you get conned and then discover the truth you go through nearly the same phases that you go through with a terminal illness.

First is denial: No way, no, I don't believe it. He is a good man, he is going to change the country for the better. He would never lie to us.
Pre-denial: Blame Bush

Second is anger: Fuck you and Fox news! You're just a racist! Don't talk to me because I don't want to hear it.
Pre-anger: Blame Bush

Third is bargaining: He probably had a good reason for what he did but we don't know it yet. Look, I may believe if more comes out but I want to see proof.
Pre-bargaining: Bush is still pretty bad

Fourth is grief: Fuck, he is a scum bag and I'm an idiot. Why didn't I see it? I don't to talk about politics.
Pre-grief: Maybe Bush was right but he was still stupid

Finally is acceptance: You're right! You were right all along and I got caught up in the hype. I cannot believe a thing that he says.
Pre-acceptance: Okay, Everything Obama did right was a Bush policy but Bush just got lucky

and...Bush was not so bad after all.

Then Obama makes another speech as we go back to stage two again.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:06 AM   #3
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
I have written this many times. I call it the anatomy of the con. When you get conned and then discover the truth you go through nearly the same phases that you go through with a terminal illness.

First is denial: No way, no, I don't believe it. He is a good man, he is going to change the country for the better. He would never lie to us.
Pre-denial: Blame Clinton

Second is anger: Fuck you and CNN news! You're just a racist! Don't talk to me because I don't want to hear it.
Pre-anger: Blame Clinton

Third is bargaining: He probably had a good reason for what he did but we don't know it yet. Look, I may believe if more comes out but I want to see proof.
Pre-bargaining: Bush is still pretty bad

Fourth is grief: Fuck, he is a scum bag and I'm an idiot. Why didn't I see it? I don't to talk about politics.
Pre-grief: Maybe Clinton was right but he was still stupid

Finally is acceptance: You're right! You were right all along and I got caught up in the hype. I cannot believe a thing that he says.
Pre-acceptance: Okay, Everything Bush did right was a Clinton policy but Clinton just got lucky

and...Clinton was not so bad after all.

Then Bush makes another speech as we go back to stage two again.

How does that grab 'ya?
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 07:09 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:

and...Bush was not so bad after all.

Neither Bush nor Obama are as bad as the other side tries to make them out to be , nor as great as their supporters would have you believe.

Once you learn things like this JD, you might be able to get off the government tit and do something with your life. It seems all you can do now is blame others for your failures. You should be thanking others for helping you to come as far as you have. Pre government handouts, you'd a been in a world of hurt!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:28 AM   #5
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Still making stupid assumptions ehhh WTF!
Old 05-24-2013, 11:52 AM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

No, you posted you were on the government tit. You're just to dumb to realize it! Military tit and now on the education tit. The next big bubble is student loans, when it hits, college students will drop back to where they were before the government pumped them up so folks like you could find a job.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 12:01 PM   #7
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Whoa!!!! WTF is caught being a hypocrite. You call being in the military on the government teat (not tit) and just last week you said you respect members of the military. I suspect you just respect members but thats another post. You are a liar, a hypocrite, a piece of shit and now I've caught you with your own words.

FYI, a student loan is not the government teat. Mine were with a private bank until Obama seized them. So go complain to your tyrant for oppressing me which makes you an oppressor, you bastard!
Old 05-24-2013, 12:18 PM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Whoa!!!! WTF is caught being a hypocrite. You call being in the military on the government teat (not tit) and just last week you said you respect members of the military. I suspect you just respect members but thats another post. You are a liar, a hypocrite, a piece of shit and now I've caught you with your own words.

FYI, a student loan is not the government teat. Mine were with a private bank until Obama seized them. So go complain to your tyrant for oppressing me which makes you an oppressor, you bastard!
For the tenth time. I respect soldiers that have seen combat. To all others it is just a job. I do not count you getting butt fucked on some Navy ship while listening to the Village People as combat.

You private loans were backed by the government. So you had private banks giving out loans to anybody because the government paid for them if they defaulted. The banks had no risk and enjoyed all the profit. Obama took this scam over. Not that they new program is any better but at least the government will get the profits before it blows up. And once again you show that you do not understand how the government involvement into these student loans enables you to have a job, without that influx of students, you would have no one to corrupt.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 01:10 PM   #9
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

So now you freely admit that you knew the truth when you said otherwise....what do you call that again?

So signing a contract when you are 17 (parents permission), serving your time in two war zones, being discharged due to injuries, going to school and getting a M.A., and teaching in a private school is somehow being compared to a life time welfare case.............well!

Excuse me ASSHOLE!
Old 05-24-2013, 01:12 PM   #10
CJ7
Valued Poster

theres no excuse for you
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Quote:
So now you freely admit that you knew the truth when you said otherwise....what do you call that again?

So signing a contract when you are 17 (parents permission), serving your time in two war zones, being discharged due to injuries, going to school and getting a M.A., and teaching in a private school is somehow being compared to a life time welfare case.............well!

Excuse me ASSHOLE!
Thank you for your service, and may you have a meaningful Memorial Day!

And to the rest of you Vets, as well.

Old 05-24-2013, 10:36 PM   #12
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Thank you Whiny the lying sack of shit for your, er, well.... NEVER MIND!

and BSwine, we all appreciate everybody who served, but that doesn't mean you're not a dipshit.
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:25 PM   #13
acp5762
Account Disabled

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
For the tenth time. I respect soldiers that have seen combat. To all others it is just a job. I do not count you getting butt fucked on some Navy ship while listening to the Village People as combat.

You private loans were backed by the government. So you had private banks giving out loans to anybody because the government paid for them if they defaulted. The banks had no risk and enjoyed all the profit. Obama took this scam over. Not that they new program is any better but at least the government will get the profits before it blows up. And once again you show that you do not understand how the government involvement into these student loans enables you to have a job, without that influx of students, you would have no one to corrupt.
Tisk, Tisk. Just because a soldier didn't see any combat doesn't mean he/she didn't offer a viable contribution to the service. You should know better than that.
acp5762 is offline   Quote
Old 05-24-2013, 11:54 PM   #14
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Old 05-25-2013, 03:48 AM   #15
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I respect soldiers that have seen combat. To all others it is just a job.
"a job" is not being on the government "tit" as you say .. and those who have served in combat are familiar with the importance of those who provide them with "support" ....

.. and those who die providing it ....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_VyHa05LyIA

Do you play golf?

I realize you are "not there" ... but I don't see any PROS playing without a caddy.
LexusLover is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women