Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452829
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47407
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-10-2016, 08:37 AM   #1
OverEasy
Gaining Momentum

Default The Cost To Our Economy From Republican Obstruction And Sabotage

The Republican political strategy has been to obstruct efforts to help the economy for everyone but the wealthiest few, and then campaign on complaints that the economy isn’t helping anyone but the wealthiest few. It’s working.

In President Obama’s July 12 weekly address he said, “So far this year, Republicans in Congress have blocked every serious idea to strengthen the middle class.” He could have said, “Since 2009.” Since the 2009 “stimulus,” Republicans have obstructed pretty much every effort to help the economy. In the Senate they have filibustered hundreds of bills, and since the “stimulus” they have managed to keep anything from passing that might help the economy.

In the House, Republicans have refused to allow votes on anything that seriously would help the economy, instead passing only tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations, spending cuts on essential things like maintaining our infrastructure and scientific research, and cutting regulations that protect people and the environment from being harmed by corporations seeking profit.

https://ourfuture.org/20140923/the-c...n-and-sabotage
OverEasy is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 08:41 AM   #2
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

It was very insidious and very important for many of them to never a let a black man become the ultimate symbol of success. So they painted him as the anti-christ the one to bring about Armageddon when in reality he saved this country from the greatest depression since the 30's. The Republicans did this to themselves. They spent the last 8 yrs painting Obama as the boogie man and and they were rewarded with Trump. This is a classic case of self destructing from within.

They did this to themselves so let them EAT CAKE
Sistine Chapel is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:06 AM   #3
filbone
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Republicans fell for "shovel-ready jobs" and "you can keep your doctor/plan" once and now you're trying to criticize them for not falling for even worse scams? You are so typical of the "believe the lying words and fake emotions but ignore the results" crowd. The only reason there's any middle class left today is because it was much stronger before Obama (and Bush before him) took office.
filbone is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:21 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

This is only part of what Odumbo's failed policies are costing the American taxpayer.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 11:32 AM   #5
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

"Unlawful Immigrant?"

Is that implying that immigrants are lawbreakers?

YOW!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:01 PM   #6
DSK
Account Disabled

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
"Unlawful Immigrant?"

Is that implying that immigrants are lawbreakers?

YOW!
Can you really be that stupid, or is that just deliberate obfuscation? Clearly, there are lawful immigrants and unlawful immigrants. The unlawful immigrants are here illegally.

You have to obtain permission to enter another country!!!!
DSK is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:37 PM   #7
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

Here is what is wrong with "shovel ready jobs".

None of the spoiled brat "millennial generation" want to even touch a shovel, much less pick one up.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 12:57 PM   #8
Texas Contrarian
BANNED

Default Seriously Misguided

The author of the piece linked in the opening post is seriously misguided.

For those interested in gaining a better understanding of how egregious irresponsibility can impede economic growth, here's a good place to start:

http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=1797918
Texas Contrarian is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 02:56 PM   #9
lustylad
BANNED

Default Let's Rewrite History!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverEasy View Post
Since the 2009 “stimulus,” Republicans have obstructed pretty much every effort to help the economy. In the Senate they have filibustered hundreds of bills, and since the “stimulus” they have managed to keep anything from passing that might help the economy.

In the House, Republicans have refused to allow votes on anything that seriously would help the economy, instead passing only tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations... and cutting regulations that protect people and the environment from being harmed by corporations seeking profit.
Looks like SassyPoo is back under a new spammer handle!

Hi Sassy!

This is just another example of the left's ongoing campaign to rewrite history.

Let's recall that Odumbo's party controlled both the House and Senate in 2009-10, which means Republicans were not in a position to "obstruct" anything during those years.

After the Republicans regained control of the House in 2010, they passed hundreds of pieces of legislation designed to "help the economy". As Senate majority leader, Harry Reid is the one who obstructed them all, including bills aimed at spurring job creation, energy production and the heathcare industry. Perhaps this link will help jog your memory, SassyPoo:

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2014/08/...ds-desk-136037

Contrary to the author's claims, the Republicans did not pass any "tax cuts for the wealthy and corporations" during Odumbo's 7-1/2 years in office. In fact, tax rates on the wealthy shot up at the end of 2012. Remember the "fiscal cliff"? The rich got whacked!

And far from "cutting regulations" during Odumbo's tenure, the Republicans couldn't even prevent the regulatory deluge from turning into a tsunami! As I pointed out a few days ago and Captain Midnight just reminded you by citing my thread in his above post, Odumbo is on track to heap over $800 billion worth of new regulatory costs on the US economy by the time he leaves office! Anyone who thinks that is in any way helpful to the economy, growth, jobs or the middle class is smoking serious dope!

Isn't it amazing how libtards can routinely spout all this nonsense, when a cursory look at the facts shows the exact opposite to be true?
lustylad is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 03:09 PM   #10
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

I don't recall any proposal coming from Obama that shouldn't have been obstructed. Congress has a job to do, too. This isn't (wasn't) a dictatorship like Obama and the Establishment want. I don't like Congress much, either, but I'm a big fan of gridlock.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 04:05 PM   #11
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I don't recall any proposal coming from Obama that shouldn't have been obstructed. Congress has a job to do, too. This isn't (wasn't) a dictatorship like Obama and the Establishment want. I don't like Congress much, either, but I'm a big fan of gridlock.

Tell me what where those proposals coming from Obama?

just give me 1

Old 08-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #12
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel View Post
Tell me what where those proposals coming from Obama?

just give me 1

Here's one, Sissy Chap:

Quote:
Court rules Odumbo's appointments unconstitutional

(Reuters)
Old 08-10-2016, 04:13 PM   #13
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post

question.

When did Mitch McConnell say he wanted to make Obama a ‘one-term president’ before or after the 2008 election? LOL

Fact is they opposed him from before the beginning because of political expediency. What makes this even more sinister is that after Obama's stimulus package that they vehemently opposed these same Republican lawmakers where lobbying behind the scenes for money for their districts. They just didn't want Obama taking credit for or looking good for anything positive or beneficial for the American sheeple. lol

It's ok though the brother got us back on tract anyway
Old 08-10-2016, 04:15 PM   #14
Sistine Chapel
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Here's one, Sissy Chap:

I will take a look at your link.I have to be careful with you because I sense some instability even though I find you quite hilarious...now give me one of substance. lol
Old 08-10-2016, 04:21 PM   #15
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sistine Chapel View Post
I will take a look at your link.I have to be careful with you because I sense some instability even though I find you quite hilarious...now give me one of substance. lol
It was substantive, Sissy Chap. Odumbo had his ass handed to him by the Supreme Court, Sissy Chap. That you're too damn stupid to realize it was substantively significant is your problem, Sissy Chap.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women