Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40246
CryptKicker37051
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2016, 07:54 AM   #16
Razoth88
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 2
Default Genesis new- No Used - Yes

The Hyundai Genesis Brand is worthless at this point in time. Their car values drop way to hard. I just attended an event for the coming out party of the G90 and Genesis becoming its own brand. My brother leases a new genesis fully loaded and I love the car. All the features are amazing and it is smooth and comfy, if only the value would hold better. If your looking for a used car then you can basically steal them right now.
Razoth88 is offline   Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 10:20 PM   #17
Bighawg11
Valued Poster

Encounters: 90

I think the original idea was for the Equus to compete with the $100K top end Euro sedans for far less. They attempted the same thing with the reboot on the Sonata circa 2010/11, trying to take on the mid-range Euro sedans but for less money.

The Sonata drives well above its price point, but that isn't our topic!

The Genesis sports coupe is far better than the sedan...I've been told by someone who has driven both and owns the sports coupe.

I really like the Hyundai business model - I do not need to worry about resale as I drive for 200K on a car.
Bighawg11 is offline   Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 08:58 AM   #18
TheADream
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Thanks BigHawg and R88
TheADream is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 03:07 PM   #19
Jeroboam
Premium Access

Encounters: 107

I'm a big guy. I prefer a big car. I drive LONG distances for work, and for fun. I have owned four BMWs, two 5-series, and two 7-series. My elderly mother, very cool, drives a Hyundai Genesis, and by extension, I've driven it over 5,000 miles for her. I now own, and drive the hell out of a Toyota Avalon.
What I have learned, and I mean no disrespect, is, being a "brand whore" costs money. You must decide if it is worth it to YOU. If it adds prestige, caché, and value to your life/business, do it. If it is to impress others, and for no other reason. Learn from me. Having a Euro luxe car is wonderful. It is also like having a beautiful, bitchy girlfriend. When it is good, it is out of this world. When it is bad, it is hell on this earth.
The Equus was designed for the chauffeur trade in Korea. It was supposed to translate to a luxury car a la Caddy, or the 7 Series BMW. It did everything a 7 did, but for 40-50K less. It also had a 100K Mile warranty that is/was GOOD. My Mom's Genesis is like butter. Still under warranty, and fast as hell. Nowadays, most drivers don't drive the twisty roads. They get on a freeway or Interstate, set the cruise control, turn on the Bluetooth, spin some SiriusXM, and ride. You want comfort, speed, and structural integrity. You will get that with the Equus, the Genesis, or Genesis S90.
My Avalon is essentially a Lexus 350, after two years. The tech and styling does down-brand. Showcased in Lexus, then moved to Toyota 2-3 years later. My Avalon is deceptively large, too. Three inches shorter, and one and a half inch narrower than a Chrysler 300. I've put over 120K miles on mine (for 210K total, bought used), and it looks and runs like new. Of course, I'm fanatical about maintenance.
Drive 'em all. Own what you like, not what you think others think you should drive.
Jeroboam is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 04:29 PM   #20
Lanny
Premium Access

Encounters: 118

Interesting post...I have been shopping 2016 Avalons for couple months now...looking to pick one up for about 10-15k less than new one...most are Certified, which gives 100k power train coverage...Great way to get into like new car...thanks for RW Report, Sir....
Lanny is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 06:54 PM   #21
SneakyCancer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 43

Yes rebranding will boost sales. I opted not to buy a Kia Optima for that very reason. Drove nice....head turning cars.....just bad rep. Genesis is nice affotable luxury.....I have driven in one and it's nice. Blind fold passengers like in the Chevy commercials and they will never know.

Do you get what you pay for sure....but the warranty, the styling, the ride.....well with 40k vs competitor name branded status quo...., now if you have bmw / Benz / Audi money well choice obviously isn't about money.

2017, f what everyone else thinks. It's your ride......and they don't have to go.
SneakyCancer is offline   Quote
Old 01-04-2017, 07:27 PM   #22
TheADream
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeroboam View Post
Having a Euro luxe car is wonderful. It is also like having a beautiful, bitchy girlfriend. When it is good, it is out of this world. When it is bad, it is hell on this earth.
Jeroboam, thanks for all the info. Lots of value add. I agree with you 1000% on the hot bitchy GF metaphor. It's the two extremes. I've had the worst experience with British origin cars. I think I was a brand whore until I could afford the brands now I'm disappointed. Either the standards have dropped, or the brands are becoming complacent. I like your advice I feel like the guys in the super bowl luxury prison commercial, except instead of driving away in a Audi it would be a Kia, Hyundai or other...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fjIgbnOmcX8

I rode in the Optima once also and was surprised by how smooth it was.

I've had a 5-series but never a 7. I don't like big cars. I tend to over-steer hit the curb and not plan appropriately for stopping distance. The tech package (wifi, bluetooth etcs..) in the 7 caught my attention but the price tag used was about the same for a less used Equus. It also looked like the Equus had more features. That's kind of how this whole thing started...

Thanks for the feedback.
TheADream is offline   Quote
Old 01-05-2017, 10:38 AM   #23
Jeroboam
Premium Access

TheADream,
Do you know why the British have never been at the forefront of the computer/tech industries?

Because they can't figure out a way to make them leak oil.
Old 01-09-2017, 01:13 PM   #24
rjdiner
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 51

I just saw this thread couple of days ago and sine there have been some recent posts I thought I'd weigh in.
I am the very happy owner of a 2015 Genesis AWD 3.8 sedan. It is a dream car for me. I have owned Mercedes and high end Infinitis and the Genesis is a better vehicle by far at $20k less. I can't speak for the Equus but can't imagine it's anything less than a fine car. The Genesis has 3 different suspension modes and the Sport Mode is very tight and responsive. The power is all you need.
I never thought I'd be white knighting for a car...but here I am. lol
rjdiner is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 07:07 PM   #25
samantha thom
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 45258
My ECCIE Reviews

I love BMWs!!! I have a 7 series and have owned many 5 series in the past. Driving my car, I feel strong, sexy, masculine, sophisticated...I enjoy driving it so much that being stuck in traffic doesn't bother me as much. :-)
samantha thom is offline   Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 10:48 PM   #26
Jeroboam
Premium Access

I looked at your profile. You would be strong, sexy, and sophisticated in a Pinto.
Old 01-10-2017, 10:42 PM   #27
jaydalee
Highly Reviewed Travel KC

User ID: 88914
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Hyundai came out with that car to compete with the other luxury brands but I am sorry no way 70k+ for a Hyundai.I recall when Hyundai came out with that two door coupe that was suppose to be competing with the Infiniti G45/g50 model I test drove one of those 2dr Hyundai genesis coupe a few years back.No comparison to the Infiniti and the price was just too much for Hyundai.
Not sure where you are seeing alot of affluent people driving the Hyundai Eqqus but where I am Las Vegas I have never seen it and a few genesis on the road and many Sonatas.
If I am going to pay 60k+ for a car it damn sure won't be a Hyundai

Personally,I am a muscle car and european import type of car gal I have owned Audi/VW Infiniti(I loved that 2dr G45 manual I had I miss that car) and a vintage Mercedes now I just have the muscle car.I got a Kia Optima as a rental car a few years ago when visiting NJ did not like that car at all.
jaydalee is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women