Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160419
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47486
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35277
Mojojo33117

Old 06-09-2022, 11:24 AM   #1531
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Reagan lowers taxes on higher income and then turns around with the most significant slight of hand ever! He raises the SS/Medicare tax. That is base broadening for sure!

I'm sure you're smart enough to figure out how by cutting taxes on higher wages and increased taxing on all wages under what was it 65k at the time (as that what the SS tax did)?....would create more income inequality. Which it did.

It also skews the budget as lawmakers then use the surplus SS/Medicare as a way to hide the deficits on the discretionary side of the Federal tax aisle.
I'm glad to see you finally agree with me that SS/Medicare is a Ponzi scheme.

Before Reagan, people were dragging about 3X more out of social security and Medicare than what they put in. And that's after discounting for the time value of money, between when they put the money in and when it came out. Admittedly a lot of that was because of demographics and when when the programs started up. But is that fair?

Now you drag out 30% more than what you put in. Still a good deal for the people who are currently recipients of social security and Medicare

As to the income inequality, yeah, like I said a couple of pages back, you're really not that concerned with deficits. Rather you believe mainly the tax system should be modified to reduce inequality, regardless of whether the changes make us all poorer. And as Lusty Lad more or less said, you appear to think that 1% of the population can be taxed enough to create a Social Democrat paradise. Do you want to get rid of payroll tax contributions and have the 1% pay for retirement and social security too? Or do you think the politicians have the balls to impose higher taxes on American voters of ordinary means? How do you think that will go over? It won't. You implement programs like the Build Back Better bill in the form proposed by Sanders or Biden and you'll just see the national debt continue to spiral upwards. Because 1% of the population, which is already paying 39% of the income tax, doesn't have enough money to pay for everything.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 11:27 AM   #1532
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by nevergaveitathought View Post
be careful

soon you might find yourself exasperated to no end

having become stuck in an endless cycle to a tar baby of ever changing positions and non sequiturs never addressing one thing you might point out

no repeating of truth or countless times of dispelling his silly notions only to have him move along to something else without recognition of any previous absurdity of his will save you from the endless morass of his fixations
I'm there. Time to go back to my martyrdom in solidarity. Bringing enlightenment to WTF is an impossible task.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:18 PM   #1533
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post

Before Reagan, people were dragging about 3X more out of social security and Medicare than what they put in. And that's after discounting for the time value of money, between when they put the money in and when it came out. Admittedly a lot of that was because of demographics and when when the programs started up. But is that fair?

Now you drag out 30% more than what you put in. Still a good deal for the people who are currently recipients of social security and Medicare

As to the income inequality, yeah, like I said a couple of pages back, you're really not that concerned with deficits. Rather you believe mainly the tax system should be modified to reduce inequality, regardless of whether the changes make us all poorer. And as Lusty Lad more or less said, you appear to think that 1% of the population can be taxed enough to create a Social Democrat paradise. Do you want to get rid of payroll tax contributions and have the 1% pay for retirement and social security too? Or do you think the politicians have the balls to impose higher taxes on American voters of ordinary means? How do you think that will go over? It won't. You implement programs like the Build Back Better bill in the form proposed by Sanders or Biden and you'll just see the national debt continue to spiral upwards. Because 1% of the population, which is already paying 39% of the income tax, doesn't have enough money to pay for everything.
You and lustylady just make shit up.

I've posted the actual results of this drumbeat of lower taxes....30 trillion and counting.

I care way more about the deficit than you.

I've pointed out that SS and Medicare haven't caused a penny of debt.

You've sat silent about that fact.

You've sat silent when I pointed out that Reagan broadened his tax base mainly with SS taxes. Which gave the illusion of a balanced budget....which Clinton got undue credit for. Without counting the SS/Medicare surpluses....there was no budget surplus on the discretionary side.

You cats are way ahead of me in micro economics but I understand the macro side because I'm looking at 30 trillion dollar debt.

I have been saying for decades when it started and exactly what the outcome would be. If you lower the taxes of higher income...make up for the majority of that tax loss by raising taxes on the middle class( that is what the SS tax did) then you will increase income inequality. Whether you think that good or bad is indifferent. I'm stating facts. That is wtf happened.

We have been able to cover up this huge shortfall in the discretionary portion of the budget because we ran huge surpluses in SS.

Care to comment on that?
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:20 PM   #1534
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

I'm going to have to get you and CM out to eat sometime and like Laffer....I can help explain things on a napkin to you!

I would invite lustylad but I'm not really wanting to meet at a gay bar.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 12:24 PM   #1535
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
be careful

... morass of his fixations
It's a hooker board...morass is supposed to be the fixation.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 08:06 PM   #1536
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Tiny
BANNED

dagnabbit

Tiny got banned. warned him to change his profile days ago. wish he had. now the hammer fell. shit.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 09:44 PM   #1537
Salty Again
Valued Poster

... Too right! ... You can't piss-with the Monitours like that.
Shows a lack of respect...

But he's a good mate - like Bambino - and Mr. Chung. And Wynn.
Hopefully it will be a short banishment.

### Salty
Salty Again is offline   Quote
Old 06-09-2022, 10:50 PM   #1538
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Tiny
BANNED
dagnabbit

Tiny got banned. warned him to change his profile days ago. wish he had. now the hammer fell. shit.
what was on his profile? wasn't paying attention.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 12:09 AM   #1539
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
what was on his profile? wasn't paying attention.

check yer email
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 05:33 AM   #1540
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Sure. I know it's only 4th grade math and all

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
...I've posted the actual results of this drumbeat of lower taxes....30 trillion and counting....
But couldn't they spend less money?
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:44 AM   #1541
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
That is not what at said at all...not even close. You evidently have been listening to bambino economics. Q probably told him SS was a Ponzi scheme.

https://www.ncpssm.org/documents/soc...red%20by%20law.

Unlike a fraudulent secretive Ponzi scheme, Social Security’s finances are transparent to the public, as required by law. Each year Social Security’s actuaries release a detailed report on the system’s finances. Its dedicated funding source – Federal Insurance Contributions Act (FICA) payroll taxes of current workers – are used to pay benefits for current beneficiaries. For years, these taxes more than covered the cost of the benefits, with the surplus (currently, $2.9 trillion) invested in U.S. Treasury securities, widely considered by finance industry professionals and foreign governments as the world’s best and safest investment. The U.S. government has never defaulted on its Treasury security obligations
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:48 AM   #1542
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

ponzi scheme

prior entrants (suckers) in the scheme are paid returns with money from new entrants

until it all collapses as the number of members in the scheme and amount of the promised returns exceed any possible hope of contributions from new entrants into the scheme
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:49 AM   #1543
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
But couldn't they spend less money?
They could but no Congress member or Senator wants to cut spending to their district or state.

I've asked more than once if our way of government is nimble and pragmatic enough for this new world order.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:50 AM   #1544
texassapper
Premium Access

Encounters: 36

Quote:
ponzi scheme

prior entrants (suckers) in the scheme are paid returns with money from new entrants

until it all collapses as the weight and amount of the promised returns exceed any possible hope of contributions from new entrants into the scheme
LOL... you mean like right now? Any idiot expecting Social Security to exist by their retirement in the next 10+ years deserves to be robbed.

I can't wait for the shit show to collapse. There are a lot of Politicians that deserve to hang from the nearest lamp post.
texassapper is offline   Quote
Old 06-10-2022, 07:52 AM   #1545
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Tiny
BANNED

dagnabbit

He was self banned in solidarity and now he is banned for real, in solidarity!

I heard the downgraded Netflux to a sale me yesterday mofo! I tried to tell you to sell that turd in your punchbowl
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women