Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 11-20-2011, 07:07 AM   #1
Leah Ireland
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 2966
Default Taking Pets on the Road

I've had a few queries for extended dates around the country recently and, given deposits I'll go.

This puts me in a position about my cat. I really don't want to leave him behind nor subject him to airport stress. So my only option is to drive huge distances, which is an idea I like.

Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences re. taking pets on trips? I really don't want to stress him out, and I think leaving him behind would make him feel abandoned and I'm not going to do that to him. (Worst case scenario would be driving somewhere for an extended date of a few days and he'd have to go into a cat hotel. At least I'd be closer to him than leaving him in Miami.)

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2011, 08:42 AM   #2
jimny
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I know a lady who often travels with her pets (2 dogs). When she has them with her she will do one of a few things.

She gets a suite with two bedrooms, and puts the dogs in the second bedroom when entertaining.

She gets two room one she will stay in with the dogs when not entertaining. The other is for entertaining.

She puts the dogs in her car (weather and season permitting) while she is entertaining. She wouldn't do this in the summer or when it going to get hot in the car, she loves her animals more than any of us.

In your case with an extended date none of the above would likely work but if your doing a road tour may in fact give you some ideas. That said if your extended date likes your pet and much as you then they may be open to having you bring your cat. So that it's out of the way during fun time, you could get the second room (suite) or stash the cat in the toilet. Personally I'm a pet lover so it wouldn't trouble me providing it's not climbing all over us while we climb over ourselves.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:34 AM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Got 2 cats at home. They get really stressed out just leaving home. Even on a short trip across town, they lose it.

On vacations, we leave them in their home, and get someone to come in feed & water them and change the litter (they are indoor cats). It works especially well if the catsitter is someone they know anyway. We tend to choose kids and pay them a hefty catsitting fee. It also works best if the kids you pick don't drive, so their parents have to get them to your house and can oversee the operation.

Some hotel chains are more lenient with pets than others. You just have to check with the hotels in your destination area. The pet deposit for a cat shouldn't be very high, but you might have to monitor them when housekeeping comes around. Most housekeepers hate dogs in the room, but I don't know about cats.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
Old 11-20-2011, 09:48 AM   #4
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

I know a few ladies who bring their dog, and it's noted not so favorably in their reviews. I suppose it would depend on what your guys think. A litter box is not exactly a turn on nor is a barking dog, but in a suite with a blocked off area with a door that closes, it may be ok. I would opt for a full condo so they don't have to see or smell anything in the living area. Something with 2 bedrooms would be ideal.
Old 11-20-2011, 10:17 AM   #5
Leah Ireland
Pending Age Verification

Thanks guys, that's really helpful! My cat likes being both inside and outside and is fearless and very curious, so I think he might enjoy travelling.

London do you have a source to suggest to find short term 2 bed aparments on? That sounds like a great idea. Are there actually many hotels with suites with 2 bedrooms? I have to admit I haven't even seen a suite with more than one bedroom since London.

Also any suggestions on a good car to drive for very long trips? And do ladies tend to make good money touring? I would love to do an extended trip and discover more of America.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #6
tia travels
Let's Have A Great Year!

User ID: 1650
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

You should try to discover America when there isn't a chance for freezing rain, snow & ice on the roads and ice storm season right around the corner. Either discover the southern states at this time and hit the north, Midwest, and northeast during Spring or later.
Old 11-20-2011, 11:04 AM   #7
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Check your PMs.
Old 11-20-2011, 12:06 PM   #8
Leah Ireland
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by tia travels View Post
You should try to discover America when there isn't a chance for freezing rain, snow & ice on the roads and ice storm season right around the corner. Either discover the southern states at this time and hit the north, Midwest, and northeast during Spring or later.
Thanks Tia, yes one query I got was from Chicago and there's no way I'm driving there this time of year. (Or Minneapolis or New York or...)
Old 11-20-2011, 03:37 PM   #9
mikkifine
Account Disabled

User ID: 1641
My ECCIE Reviews
Default I have cats.

During the Rita Hurricane everything was shut down including the pet hotel. My client told me I could bring the cat. I kept her in a carrier while on the plane and she slept. She is a weird cat that like car rides.

I would suggest having a lot of catnip so he won't howl if you have to put him in the bathroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leah Ireland View Post
I've had a few queries for extended dates around the country recently and, given deposits I'll go.

This puts me in a position about my cat. I really don't want to leave him behind nor subject him to airport stress. So my only option is to drive huge distances, which is an idea I like.

Does anyone have any suggestions/experiences re. taking pets on trips? I really don't want to stress him out, and I think leaving him behind would make him feel abandoned and I'm not going to do that to him. (Worst case scenario would be driving somewhere for an extended date of a few days and he'd have to go into a cat hotel. At least I'd be closer to him than leaving him in Miami.)

Thanks!
Old 11-20-2011, 03:43 PM   #10
Guest082513-02
Account Disabled

User ID: 60550
My ECCIE Reviews

Keep in mind that many people are highly allergic to cats... nothing ruins a moment like nonstop sneezing or having to stop to get inhalers. Even if you get a place with more than one room... cat dander cannot be confined to one room. You carry it on your clothes and in the air every time you open the door to the room that cat is in. Not to mention, you have to be ready for that "what if". What if something happens, God forbid, like a wreck? You cat is either running loose in unknown area or in a shelter waiting for the gas chamber. Just seems easier and smarter to simply have someone come in and tend to your cat in its own familiar surroundings. Or if they like new areas so much, find a good, high quality "animal hotel" that keeps your pet and tends to them as if it was their own. Not some vet or cheapo place that keeps them locked all day in a cage. Im talking a REAL place..Thats what I do with my pets.
Old 11-20-2011, 06:31 PM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default By all means bring your Pussy

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Old 11-20-2011, 07:12 PM   #12
mikkifine
Account Disabled

User ID: 1641
My ECCIE Reviews

I am allergic to dogs and cats. Claritan helps me with the sneezing attacks. Giving the animals a bath helps with the allergies. There are shampoos for allergies.
Old 11-20-2011, 08:03 PM   #13
TamsenCrown
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 36339
My ECCIE Reviews

Thats kinda tacky... we all love our pets but it is a bit tacky...
Old 11-22-2011, 08:20 AM   #14
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
I wouldn't have it any other way.

LOL...just noticed your sig line hot stuff!
Old 11-22-2011, 09:04 AM   #15
Paven
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3790
My ECCIE Reviews

I can't bring my pupper dog when I tour, he's big boy and it just wouldn't be practical.
He stays at the dog hotel and does fine, they treat him very well there so I don't have to worry whilst I'm away.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women