Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160343
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452872
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47443
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35194
Mojojo33117

Old 04-17-2010, 07:24 PM   #1
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424
Default Make them believe, if not in magic, In money well spent.

Seemed like an interesting time to this thought:

There's a song lyric stuck in my head - Make them believe, if not in magic, In money well spent.

I had been talking to a now retired hobbyist about his years of exploring the delights the world of companionship has to offer. His life circumstances have changed, and his financial situation isn't as comfortable as it has been in the past.

And so the conversation came up: When you look back at all the money you've spent on women, do you regret it?

His answer was a resounding no, even though he admitted to spending a small fortune. I'm wondering if others feel the same? Or different?
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:12 PM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I don't think you should isolate "hobby" expenditures.

I think they are just one of a group of discretionary expenditures we all make. Does he regret the trip he took to Europe with his family in '07 or his weekly Saturday golf game or his........(you get the point)....they are experiences. At the end of the day life is but a set set of experiences....

Certainly as personal circumstances change it makes sense and/or becomes necessary to change our budget or reevaluate our spending going forward...

I'm glad he doesn't regret but cherishes the times he had.

He may not be able to afford Sox season tix anymore (or for the time being), but he'll never forget being there to finally break the curse(insert your own teams in here to make this work). In the same way he'll never forger some of the time he spent with you and other remarkable ladies.
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:49 PM   #3
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Default For me it depends on the woman

With most women, I don't regret it at all. And I've never regretted money spent on a provider because the content of what is being purchased is fairly clear to me.

However, I have certainly regretted money spent on some of the women I dated in the civie world; particularly the woman who tried to turn me into a sugar daddy without revealing her intent in advance. Not only do I regret the money -- I regret the time, emotion, etc.

And even that circumstance, I can at least see as a learning experience.

But, overall -- no, I do not regret a dime.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:10 PM   #4
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
I don't think you should isolate "hobby" expenditures.

I think they are just one of a group of discretionary expenditures we all make. Does he regret the trip he took to Europe with his family in '07 or his weekly Saturday golf game or his........(you get the point)....they are experiences. At the end of the day life is but a set set of experiences....

Certainly as personal circumstances change it makes sense and/or becomes necessary to change our budget or reevaluate our spending going forward...

I'm glad he doesn't regret but cherishes the times he had.

He may not be able to afford Sox season tix anymore (or for the time being), but he'll never forget being there to finally break the curse(insert your own teams in here to make this work). In the same way he'll never forger some of the time he spent with you and other remarkable ladies.
A good point, and a good answer. I was actually wondering if people felt differently about this then they do their other discretionary spending.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 09:27 PM   #5
am-a-pleaser
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 24

In many ways, it's like other expenditures. For example: I decide to go out to eat. I talk to friends who dine out. From their opinions and recommendations, I make a choice. Will my meal be as good? Will my server be polite? Is the atmosphere to my liking? Not always, but that doesn't mean I never dine out again, or never try a new place. I don't regret it. I just learned. BUT, I have my favorites and will return to them often.

Overall my dining experiences are worthwhile. The menu, the presentation, atmosphere, dine-in or take-out, the people, my satisfaction and how welcoming they are.
am-a-pleaser is offline   Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 10:04 PM   #6
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
A good point, and a good answer. I was actually wondering if people felt differently about this then they do their other discretionary spending.
and I thought I answered at least for myself

Quote:
I think they are just one of a group of discretionary expenditures we all make.
I haven't been in this situation and don't have kids, I can imagine there is a lot of guilt in budget cutting if the choices are Jimmy & Suzie having hockey and piano lessons vs. Daddy whoring

but still that is looking forward

as far as memories...I still say you have to lump all of it together
Old 04-17-2010, 10:33 PM   #7
runswithscissors
Account Disabled

Encounters: 21

when I look back on all the money I have spent on women, do I regret it? Absolutely not, even when that total comes to a nice fortune. I have met some truely memorable ladies from around the world, I will go to my deathbed one day with a smile on my face remembering a chance encounter somewhere in the world, and someone will comment on how peaceful I look! I do not count and classify my expendiures; it will only make you have feelings of regret. God knows I have spent a young fortune on golf and absolutely hate the game......
runswithscissors is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:01 AM   #8
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

In general, no. A few sessions here and there, you bet.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 01:27 AM   #9
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

I have no regrets about the money spent. Sure, some encounters were far better than others but as a totality it has all been worth it.
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 11:46 AM   #10
terbul
Account Disabled

I really like that lyric. Where did you hear it?

On balance I have no regrets.
And I say on balance only because if given the opportunity to make some of those decisions again, I might choose differently. Nothing radically or directionally different, just different.
terbul is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 02:30 PM   #11
rakuguy
Ambassador

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauren Summerhill View Post
I was actually wondering if people felt differently about this then they do their other discretionary spending.
but all my discretionary spending is on women. if I had other types then I would regret not having spent that on women be it in or out of the hobby.
rakuguy is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:04 PM   #12
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

"There is no pain like the pain of regret."

So far, [knock on head.] I regret no encounters.

I regret not saving enough. Nor preparing enough for the one.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:42 PM   #13
Rudyard K
Lifetime Premium Access

I would think that most folks would have no regrets. No more so than they might regret any unfrugal act in their life.

But most folks who lives have changed financially did not have that change occur because of P4P. It changed becuase of some other circumstance.

If it changed because of P4P, then they were already allocating to much of thier resources to such activity.
Rudyard K is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 04:55 PM   #14
Marcus Aurelius
Ambassador

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudyard K View Post
I would think that most folks would have no regrets. No more so than they might regret any unfrugal act in their life.

But most folks who lives have changed financially did not have that change occur because of P4P. It changed becuase of some other circumstance.

If it changed because of P4P, then they were already allocating to much of thier resources to such activity.
Too true.
Marcus Aurelius is offline   Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 05:14 PM   #15
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

So this morning I ran across one of those seemingly everywhere articles on how to save money. You know, "if you just cut out that Starbucks every day & invested that money by retirement you'd have $xx,xxx more in your account"

This guy actually had a different take: Live with less. Focus on what are likely your biggest expenditures: house and car.

I'm not sure I agree with him...and that isn't really the point, but he was asked, "How do you make major purchases? You have to make some." (Refering to home electronics, major appliances etc. otherwise known as a trip to Home Depot or Best Buy). His answer is he goes shopping, makes notes and waits a week. If he still wants it after a week he goes back and gets it. He figures (roughly) 50% of the time he decides to forgoe the purchase.

Now we all different. But has anyone applied the same logic/discipline to this world? That is the one week rule or something similar.

I haven't. I have acknowledged in another thread that most of my "regretable" dates have been last minute, "I'm horny" type calls.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women