Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > New York > Upstate New York > Coed Discussions - Upstate New York
Coed Discussions - Upstate New York Both male and female members can mingle and interact here. Let's keep these discussions on-topic, thought-provoking, and more importantly...entertaining!

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47560
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2011, 10:30 PM   #1
Frankie Fine
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 97367
My ECCIE Reviews
Question When is it too late to text back?

I am looking for opinions on when it is too late to text a client back after they contact you at a time when you are too busy to reply right away??

For example:

If I have an appointment at 8 for an hour and someone sends text at 8:05, I feel a text back at 9 or shortly after is not always a good idea.

I prefer texts, maybe that is an issue?

It seems as though few clients whether by text or call leave next to nothing for intructions to reply at an appropriate time. It can be difficult when a client takes it to heart that you are not interested, and this can happen after several texts without response due to bad timing.

any opinions would be great, or any other examples are appreciated!!!????
Frankie Fine is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:38 PM   #2
Guest070916
Account Disabled

Encounters: 63

That's really a tricky problem because either you are too busy to answer and later on he may not be available to answer.
Guest070916 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:04 AM   #3
JEN OF SYRACUSE
Account Disabled

User ID: 67368
My ECCIE Reviews

Great question...come on guys all of us ladies would like to know
JEN OF SYRACUSE is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:10 AM   #4
ms_anika
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 7644
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

i solve that problem (as well as numerous others) by booking exclusively through email. you should try it...
ms_anika is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:16 AM   #5
Deepthinker
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

First of all -- thanks for asking. With the TCB stuff being a hot button issue right now, it is nice that you care about the discretion , and about the ramifications of guys feeling ignored if they don't get replies to multiple texts.

For both those reasons, I much prefer email -- especially since most have smart phones that receive their emails. That way , they can be answered right away if the individual is available, or later if not. With texts, a client can't know the lady's schedule at the time of the text, so no way to know if you will get a reply when you send it out.

However, since you prefer that mode and asked, I would have to say that it will vary considerably depending on the guy's social situation. For a single guy , he may not care how long after he sends it if he doesn't have to worry about getting a reply while at the dinner table with his wife. For me, I would prefer hearing back withing 20 minutes , because if I don't , I may have left the office and headed home. Generally, I try to allow for mishaps by only texting when I know that I will have privacy for a couple hours, but things do come up during that time that may draw me away. Therefore , if 20 minutes has passed, I would prefer to retext when I am free again as long as the lady doesn't get miffed about more than one text. Again, not sure there is a "correct answer" though since it can be very different for different folks.
Deepthinker is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:47 AM   #6
ms_anika
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 7644
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

it also helps when ladies specify how to both contact and schedule with them, as well as gentlemen actually honoring said ladies preferences as to how to do so.

win-win.
ms_anika is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:50 AM   #7
stuckinsyracuse
Lifer

Encounters: 12

Hobby phones are an issue. I realize each situation s different but as DT said, someone may send a text an hour before leaving work or getting home and then leave their phone at work/car/etc. I personally think you can only use your best judgment. If it seems to be approaching a time where people would be at home it may be better to skirt the issue and wait til you hear from them again.

Could always send them something random and see if the respond?
stuckinsyracuse is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:31 AM   #8
montana1958
Valued Poster

Encounters: 44

[quote=stuckinsyracuse;1744027]Hobby phones are an issue.quote]

They are the only issue. Until I got one it was e-mail only with a few calls from the office. There are only a few that have that number now and I trust them completely. I hope. I am with ms Liz on the e-mail route. Only because I text so slow and can put more in an e-mail. But I will text, as talking on a hobby cell phone at work is tough as well. So e-mailing is easier to hide.

As for the question of when to respond to a text........ As soon as you can would be the proper response. My phone is usually off but kept on when I send a text until I get a response or when I leave. Then I check later or the next day. It may depend on if you know the type of phone he has. If you know it's not a hobby phone then any time could be a risk. It's a tough call and one that needs to be communicated with each other. And let me add any guy who is married using a regular cell phone is on borrowed time until the two worlds collide.
montana1958 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 08:59 AM   #9
NYGman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I make it a point to tell a provider when it's appropriate to get back to me when I contact by phone.
This is just a suggestion, but wouldn't it be a good idea to include instructions on your booking page for your clients to tell you when it's ok to call back r how long they are free for? I don't think it's too much to ask and as you said, everybody gets what they want because communication is clearer.
NYGman is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:56 AM   #10
99nighthawk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 87

For me, a 90 minute window is the max response time before I feel like I'm being ignored. If I am with a provider, I don't want her to interrupt our time together to respond to someone else's text. Therefore, I understand that I may not get an immediate response if I send a text out, especially if that provider is busy with someone else. So if I get a response within the 60-90 minute later timeframe, I am comfortable with it, since most appointments are an hour.

I don't like it when I get a response back multiple hours later or the next day.
99nighthawk is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:00 AM   #11
qixerotic
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 23

I think 2-3 hours should cover nearly all spans when a lady might be otherwise occupied.
qixerotic is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 11:22 AM   #12
offshoredrilling
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

As a single guy I like deepthinkers post.

you can text me 24/7. If at work, sleeping, all ready with a lady, cutting the lawn, etc. I will get back to ya when I can.

If with a lady and you call me. I have been known to let her answer the call.
offshoredrilling is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 12:32 PM   #13
Frankie Fine
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 97367
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ms_elizabeth View Post
i solve that problem (as well as numerous others) by booking exclusively through email. you should try it...
Maybe I should, kind of made me giggle a bit because it might be better then the following texts:

(client)Hey!

(me)hi how are you?

(client)Good are you free today?

(me)no I am available, what time are you thinking, how long would you like to book?!

(client)do you offer bbbj? what are you wearing

So then when the time and date is set and the person is on their way and I ask that they text when they arrive:

(client)I am on the hwy

(me) Perfect text when you arrive!

(client) 10 min away

(me) ok

(client) ok here

(me) ok rm #

(client) on elevator

(me) ok lol

(client) at door

By this time my hair is half blown dry and mascara is only on upper lashes LOL, because I had to text the entire time getting ready

too fun, and teasing a bit, BUT I do like the idea of NYGman about listing on my ad what I am atleast looking for when making contact through text. I can make that solution happen!

Great responses, it is all very helpful and I appreciate everyone's point of view! Not everyone has the same lifestyle, so it is cool to read what others prefer.
Frankie Fine is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 02:30 PM   #14
LynnT
Account Disabled

User ID: 63731
My ECCIE Reviews

If they text I text back, they know what they are doing and have to accept responsibility if they are not using a hobby phone.. They text in the first place.

Most know if they call I dont call back usually I wait for them to call back.. I state this in my policies section.

I personally do most corresponding through email. Only some regulars text, not a fan of texting in general. I barley even look at my hobby phone unless I expecting a call/appointment. Always prefer email for contact then we go from there.

Also if I text or call Im very plain, nothing specific, names, etc.. For example I had to call and confirm with someone, they didnt answer and I didnt hear back so I text an hour or so later to make sure he knew I called as my number is private.. My text was- Left a message. L He also told me to call, If they dont say that no call or text from me ever..

Most will also say contact me back at this time or dont call/text after this time, etc.
LynnT is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 05:34 PM   #15
vm1200
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

If the caller is concerned about when calls or texts are returned, the responsibility is on the caller to state it in clear terms. say "it's ok to call back before x:xx". the caller needs to shoulder the responsibility if they have restrictions on getting a return call or text.
vm1200 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women