Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 245
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452907
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40301
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35287
Mojojo33117

Old 06-22-2014, 10:28 PM   #1
dallasfan
Valued Poster

Encounters: 89
Default Directv genie - stay away

The most fuck up piece of equipment ever made. I swear they are beta testing on us. I recommend sticking with the regular receivers until they get all the bugs out.

I was so excited to try this thing out...who doesn't want to record 5-7 shows at a time....watchv on their phone.

Had this thing for a month and the thing freezes up every day sometimes 3-4 times a day. Call tech support and you have an idiot reading from a script on the other end. When nothing works, they try to say they have to send a tech support guy and charge you $50 for the visit or a $7.99 monthy service plan.

So frustrated with these guys that i am considering going back to cable.
dallasfan is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 06:59 AM   #2
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Nature of The Beast

Actually, there are always inevitable setup problems whenever you migrate to a new service.

That is just the nature of the beast.

I've
setup different systems and each time something required tweaking which is always a pain, but must be dealt with.

. . . Accept the reality, fix the problem and stop your bitching.

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 07-04-2014, 07:23 AM   #3
gee_a_cee
Valued Poster

Encounters: 35

I have an 83 YO neighbor lady widow who over the years has migrated from SD receivers to HD DVRs to now the Genie. Runs flawlessly. Even though she is technically challenged she has no problem using it. I strongly suggest you get the service plan. I've used it many times over the years. They come out free of charge on any issue including cabling problems.
gee_a_cee is offline   Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 09:55 PM   #4
Guest030824
Account Disabled

Encounters: 26
Default Direct TV

I have had direct TV for years I installed my own system. When my wife was alive we had two control boxes. Now I have only one box and three remote control devices from Radio Shack. I watch TV from my computer room, bedroom and kitchen. The RS remotes will use RF to activate a infrared device to change channel at the TV control box. I have a cable splitter to send the TV signal to those location.
When I purchased the system I spent several hours getting the strongest signal and locked it down. I seldom lose my signal just when I have a big storm to the south of me. It rarely lasts longer that 10 minutes. I got a wet snow build up on the dish one time and I pulled the garden hose out of the garage and hosed the dish down to remove the snow build up. I was younger than and pulled coax cable from several places to a central location. I now can go to the central point and swap the cable to different rooms if I want to change things. The Radio Shack Catalog number is
15-2572R it may also deliver the TV signal between the control box to the TV set but I have never used that function. The control box I have is older than hell and I don't give a shit about watching TV from my phone or computer. The more shit you add to things the more there is to go wrong.
Guest030824 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 09:20 AM   #5
Halfbad
BANNED

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Actually, there are always inevitable setup problems whenever you migrate to a new service.

That is just the nature of the beast.

I've
setup different systems and each time something required tweaking which is always a pain, but must be dealt with.

. . . Accept the reality, fix the problem and stop your bitching.

Having to pay for the service and then PAY AGAIN for service call to fix the fuckin' thing while its undergoing Beta testing is MORE than enough for bitching. Kewl how DTV has move the product improvement program into a customer funded activity. It MAY be ready for prime time in a year, before them, their BALLS in making the customer fund service calls is just laughable.
Halfbad is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 05:47 PM   #6
Vincent van Hoho
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
Maybe for you. But I had no problems switching services. Zero.
Vincent van Hoho is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 09:19 AM   #7
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

I can't recall the last time I saw a TV commercial for this product (seemed like we were constantly bombarded by them last year especially during the football season last year).

That said, while I never entertained the notion of switching over to this service, I sure took time to enjoy the commercial itself.....that brunette model posing as the "genie" was smokin' hotttt!
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women