Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 266
George Spelvin 253
sharkman29 253
Top Posters
DallasRain70471
biomed161009
Yssup Rider60189
gman4453033
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47758
pyramider46370
bambino40444
CryptKicker37105
Mokoa36487
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35624
Mojojo33117

Old 10-15-2010, 09:18 AM   #1
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38
Default Politician vs. Pile of Shit = Same Thing

I've concluded--and perhaps I'm the only one that's done so--that our choices regarding elected officials are all bad...at every level and shows no sign of getting any better. You wonder why voter turnout continues to decline? Quite simply actually; why go to the polls when your choice is one pile of shit vs. another pile of shit? It truly doesn't matter if you're Democrat, Republican, Libertarian, Tea Party or reformed party witch, the best person for the job never runs. Why would they?

If every elected official in D.C. were to suddenly catch a fatal disease and drop dead would anyone feel a sense of loss for our way of life? Probably not since every one of them is agenda-driven and only expresses empathy towards the citizens he/she represents when (a) money is required; (b) a favor needs to be granted; or (c) it's his/her turn to run for re-election. We'd caucus, find some replacements and pray they'd do better than the shit we just buried but who knows and isn't that sad. I'm beginning to believe that unless there's a fiundamental change it's only going to get worse. You can't keep dropping one or two idealist souls into this steamy pile of crap and hope it doesn't cause them to stink too. Unfortunately, once the mentality took hold and politicians lost sight of working "for the people" instead of their own ego and self-preservation the game was over. Just like the homes built with that stinking, sulphur-laden drywall, you have to gut the structure and rebuild it from the ground up.

Sadly, even the newly-elected will soon acquire the shit-like odor of whomever he/she defeated as they're educated in "how things get done" in D.C. (or even Austin for that matter!). We need to eliminate terms. In other words, any elected official shouild face removal when/if they're no longer fulfilling their responsibilities. How do you do that? I haven't a clue but we need to be able to say "You're fired!" way sooner than the end of any term of service.
txcwby6 is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:22 AM   #2
CenterLock
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Sorry Tx.... but if you're just now coming to this conclusion, you're a Tad on the slow side.

Just saying...
CenterLock is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 10:26 AM   #3
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CenterLock View Post
Sorry Tx.... but if you're just now coming to this conclusion, you're a Tad on the slow side.

Just saying...
Nope CL, just a bit more tolerant than most; especially when it comes to hope that the nature of politics is cyclical and momentum shifts when sufficient resistance is applied. Thanks for the contribution.
Old 10-15-2010, 10:57 AM   #4
CenterLock
Valued Poster

The only way I see politics getting any better is if we can get people in office that don't want to be there. Oh, I always hope... but haven't seen much change in anything.

C'est la vie....
Old 10-15-2010, 12:05 PM   #5
b2flyer51
Account Disabled

Default Glad you included Austin

Good read and good points -- specifically the inclusion of Austin in the equation.

At the point where you've become a career politician, your primary interest is your career and not the issues or the people that gave you the opportunity to represent them.

Not exactly sure how we got there, but the Roves of the world (on all sides of the spectrum) will never let us go back -- and no one ever went behind the curtain in the voting booth to give them the power they've acquired.

But, then again, I'm an anarchist -- what would I know?

Flyer
b2flyer51 is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:25 PM   #6
LazurusLong
Valued Poster

Encounters: 47

Change must start at the bottom. Find local candidates that you can strongly support, whether school board, justice of the peace or even councilmen.

Get to know them as much as you can.

IF you don't like who is running, go look for someone that you'd prefer in office and begin to recruit them and talk them up to friends.

Just take ONE small local office. You can make a difference.
LazurusLong is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 01:23 PM   #7
CenterLock
Valued Poster

I fear I came across more flippant in my first post than intended, so why not shove my other foot in my mouth.

I agree LL that "change must start at the bottom" and "you can make a difference". I cannot see change being possible above the bottom or any difference lasting. Call me a cynic - I view myself as a realist.

Do I continue to vote? Yes. Do I know my lower echelon elected officials more than casually? Most of them, yes. So why the pessimistic attitude? They all must bend. They all must take the bile with the laudable. And they all must "fit in their hole".

For every city there are county issues that have financial and economic impacts to it that can be fought but not entirely defeated. For every school district there is a region and state that must be placated. This list goes up, down and sideways.

Hence my belief that only when people are put in charge that have no desire to be there can true "change" occur - they go in to do a job and get out. Run the office as a business - piss off who you have to to get the job done - then go back to work. Don't feed everyone a line about what you'll do since you're new. New means you're in for a rude awakening.

Soapbox over. Good post Tx and LL.
Old 10-15-2010, 03:10 PM   #8
Truckertom
BANNED

Encounters: 8

We deal with them the same way that we dealt with king George and parliament. Off with their heads.
Truckertom is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 04:08 PM   #9
txcwby6
Valued Poster

Anyone that desires to be or becomes a politician has an established agenda; namely self-preservation. Self preservation requires a litany of compromises regarding ethics, goals, loyalty to the constituents and a steady conversion into an agenda-driven, "us against them" dogma that corrupts all of them. Unless you raise your hand and swear a loyalty oath to the RNC or DNC (similar to the one every member of the SS took) your deotion to the party is in doubt and the money will not flow as easily (i.e., you have to make it the hard way and get donations from the voters instead of the RNC, DNC, lobbyists and corporations). Again if the walls collapsed and crushed everyone in attednance at the next State of the Union I doubt it would cause us to do anything more than find some true patriots to take their place while we dig one large trench along the Potomac (perhaps the same place where Union troops used to squat and take dumps).
Old 10-15-2010, 05:39 PM   #10
Lust4xxxLife
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

Believe it or not, I heard a great suggestion from Jesse Ventura the other night. He rightly pointed out that both parties have become hopelessly corrupted and that we need a change to flush the doctrines and replace them with good candidates. His suggestion was that ballots contain names only – no party identification. A simple step with potential to force people to become a little bit more educated. No more voting Republican – no matter who is the candidate – simply because it's the usual redneck choice. Same goes for the Democrats. Thoughts?
Lust4xxxLife is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 06:08 PM   #11
CenterLock
Valued Poster

I believe this would be a good idea - On the front end.

On the back end you'd still have the same politics.

In truth I figure people would stay away from the voting Booth if that were the case - or they'd learn the names of the candidates in their party.
Old 10-15-2010, 06:14 PM   #12
Truckertom
BANNED

Encounters: 8

If I remember right the founders warned against parties.*
What we need is free ballets so any one can stand for election without having to be a party dog first.*
Truckertom is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:30 PM   #13
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I am friends with former US Senator Don Nickles from OK brother in law, Nickles told him he was leaving the senate to start making real money as a lobbiest
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 09:43 PM   #14
repairman
Valued Poster

Default Two points of interest

In politics....the end ALWAYS justifies the means

The life blood of a politician is the poor memory of his constituants.

Nuff said
repairman is offline   Quote
Old 10-18-2010, 06:19 AM   #15
Par_Shooter
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 7

The fact this dumb bitch is even let on a ballot shows how far this country has fallen in the last few generations. We as a country are more like her than a lot us of want to admit.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KgbBP9Em00A
Par_Shooter is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women