Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70384
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452866
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47436
pyramider46370
bambino40285
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 04-27-2019, 11:15 PM   #1
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9
Default There Is No "Gay" Gene

Quote:
“Well, as I have said, there is no gay gene. And there are factors more influential than biology.”

“The best data, of course, [comes from the Framingham Study],” said Dr. McHugh. “If you are a man and you grow up in a rural environment, you are four times less likely to have homosexual relationships than if you grow up in a metropolitan area. That's not left-handedness.”

“If you are a lesbian, you are much more likely to be college-educated,” he said. “That's not something that happens at conception.” Dr. Paul R. McHugh, the Distinguished Service Professor of Psychiatry at Johns Hopkins University and former psychiatrist–in-chief for Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Old 04-28-2019, 05:00 AM   #2
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

I can't say I care much if there is or isn't. If it's what you want to do and no one has to get hurt for yall to enjoy have at it. Dont let people stop you from being you IB. I support you gay gene or not.
Old 04-28-2019, 06:02 AM   #3
themystic
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
I can't say I care much if there is or isn't. If it's what you want to do and no one has to get hurt for yall to enjoy have at it. Dont let people stop you from being you IB. I support you gay gene or not.
I agree. You don't have to defend yourself IB. Come all the way out. If it makes you feel better, I do think gays are born that way. Are you voting for Buttgieg?
Old 04-28-2019, 06:52 AM   #4
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trey View Post
It's evident Dr. McHugh is on record as denying your excuses: one is NOT "born that way". If you want a cake for your wedding, find a baker who supports your lifestyle without using the American court system.

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystic View Post
I agree. You don't have to defend yourself IB. Come all the way out. If it makes you feel better, I do think gays are born that way. Are you voting for Buttgieg?
Butt-is-good with the (D) after his name is your boy, Mystic. Suck it up and deal with it!
Old 04-28-2019, 07:05 AM   #5
FriscoKiddo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

People are "born that way" in a lot of different ways that have nothing to do with sexual preference. Trisomy 21 are "born that way"...Cleft lip and cleft palate are "born that way"...Congenital heart defects are "born that way"...those predisposed to depression or schizophrenia are "born that way"....what's the big deal here?
Old 04-28-2019, 07:08 AM   #6
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FriscoKiddo View Post
People are "born that way" in a lot of different ways that have nothing to do with sexual preference. Trisomy 21 are "born that way"...Cleft lip and cleft palate are "born that way"...Congenital heart defects are "born that way"...those predisposed to depression or schizophrenia are "born that way"....what's the big deal here?
FYI, Lady Gaga wasn't spreading propaganda about those other conditions.
Old 04-28-2019, 07:32 AM   #7
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

The Framingham study? That was a heart study of the population of Framingham Massachusetts. Can you trust a psychiatrist who quotes Freud to explain something in the realm of genetics? While there may be no gay gene, changes in the X chromosome are related to male homosexuality and it is somewhat heritable. Something is occurring in the womb after conception that’s altering the X chromosome. Could there be environmental factors too, after birth, that cause boys to be more likely to become homosexual? Well, yes, maybe-- see the Wikipedia article below. That's not as cut and dried as the fact that there are biological differences between gay and straight men.

While there may indeed be something about life in the city that causes mothers in urban areas to be more likely to bear gay male children, I’ll call bull shit on there being 4x as many gays growing up in cities. Having grown up in a rural area, the reason, if that’s true, is people in small towns stay in the closet, so don’t self report as being gay. As one of my buddies in high school said, "If I saw one of our bulls mounting another one of our bulls, I'd shoot them both dead there on the spot." And he was serious. Although his father would have gone ape shit crazy if he had.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biolog...al_orientation

https://www.newscientist.com/article...l-orientation/

https://www.sciencenews.org/article/...eness-straight

https://www.scientificamerican.com/a...homosexuality/
Old 04-28-2019, 07:49 AM   #8
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

There's no "gay" gene. The one study that suggested such was found to have too many exceptions to be worth the paper it was written on.

Quote:
Homosexuality may be triggered by environmental factors during childhood ... The finding is highly controversial because it suggests that some men are not born gay, but are turned homosexual by their surroundings....

Epigenetic changes are known to be triggered by environmental factors such as chemical exposure, childhood abuse, diet, exercise and stress.

(The Telegraph)
Old 04-28-2019, 08:01 AM   #9
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
There's no "gay" gene. The one study that suggested such was found to have too many exceptions to be worth the paper it was written on.
Nobody says there's a gay gene any more, indeed it's not that simple.

From your source, "Homosexuality may be triggered by environmental factors during childhood ... The finding is highly controversial because it suggests that some men are not born gay, but are turned homosexual by their surroundings...."

Is it possible that environmental factors after birth and during childhood would not only cause a boy to be more likely to become homosexual, but also cause him to have a small INAH3 region in the hypothalamus? Possible I guess, but unlikely:

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/253/5023/1034

In other words, there are biological differences between gay and straight men.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:15 AM   #10
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Nobody says there's a gay gene any more, indeed it's not that simple.

From your source, "Homosexuality may be triggered by environmental factors during childhood ... The finding is highly controversial because it suggests that some men are not born gay, but are turned homosexual by their surroundings...."

Is it possible that environmental factors after birth and during childhood would not only cause a boy to be more likely to become homosexual, but also cause him to have a small INAH3 region in the hypothalamus? Possible I guess, but unlikely:

https://science.sciencemag.org/content/253/5023/1034

In other words, there are biological differences between gay and straight men.
The whole premise behind Lady Gaga's song is that there is a "gay" gene. Again lib-retards such as she -- including tens of thousands of her fans -- deny science.
Old 04-28-2019, 08:16 AM   #11
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

At the risk of taking this slightly off topic, do you believe the Republican Party should reach out more to the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community? A friend of mine who's a staunch Republican believes many Millenials are becoming Democrats because they view Republicans as being anti-LGBT. He believes if the Republicans don't change on this and other social issues, they won't at some point be viable as a political party.

Put another way, should the Republican Party be a big tent party? And how big should the tent be?
Old 04-28-2019, 08:21 AM   #12
bb1961
Valued Poster

Obummer would be a GOOD case study...
Old 04-28-2019, 08:24 AM   #13
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
At the risk of taking this slightly off topic, do you believe the Republican Party should reach out more to the LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender) community? A friend of mine who's a staunch Republican believes many Millenials are becoming Democrats because they view Republicans as being anti-LGBT. He believes if the Republicans don't change on this and other social issues, they won't at some point be viable as a political party.

Put another way, should the Republican Party be a big tent party? And how big should the tent be?
I believe the Democrap party is closer to non-viable then the Republican party...for MANY reasons!!
Old 04-28-2019, 08:28 AM   #14
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:

This whole issue is out of proportion to the actual LBGT numbers in the population which is estimated to be something like 5%. People like me are repulsed by the lifestyle but do not have an issue with what this crowd does behind closed doors.

It's when they parade their perversity on public streets, demand that others kowtow to "beliefs" that are not scientifically based and use the American legal system to force their perverse views on others that they cross the line of being acceptable.

The LGBT crowd isn't advocating for "inclusiveness". It is demanding to be in control. There's no negotiating with people like that. When they say "their way" or "no way", I am down for "no way".
Old 04-28-2019, 08:30 AM   #15
Trey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 70

[QUOTE=I B Hankering;1061448642]It's evident Dr. McHugh is on record as denying your excuses: one is NOT "born that way". If you want a cake for your wedding, find a baker who supports your lifestyle without using the American court system.

I'm not sure where I fall on that cake issue honestly. If that was what you wanted to dig up and debate here you could have added something to your copy paste effort of a first post.

I would've gone to someone that wanted to make my cake and fuck that cake shop. Prop up the other shop near by.

But the use of religion to discrimanate aginst someone or some group... does it stop at cake? Does it stop with gays? You tell me.
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women