Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Austin > The Sandbox - Austin
The Sandbox - Austin The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47427
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 01-14-2020, 07:39 AM   #16
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default Mud blood, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dev Null View Post
There's a link to the original WSJ article in the Vox link
I think The Federalist sums up VOX nicely:
"Vox will explain the purity of liberal positions to liberal readers"

Apparently, it's important for them to 'self-validate' themselves often and with both hands...
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 06:01 PM   #17
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-federalist/

"Overall, we rate The Federalist a borderline Questionable and far Right Biased based on story selection and editorial positions that always favor the right. We also rate them Mixed for factual reporting due to the promotion pseudoscience and three failed fact checks."
Dev Null is offline   Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 07:15 PM   #18
Dev Null
Valued Poster

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/vox/

"Overall, we rate Vox Left Biased due to wording and story selection that routinely favors the left. We also rate them Mostly Factual in reporting, rather than High, due to two failed fact checks, with only one offering a correction."
Old 01-15-2020, 07:41 AM   #19
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Question I'll take Pravda for $600 Alex...

Quote:
Might ought to look up:Media Bias Fact Check: Incompetent or Dishonest?

But then, one might also ponder:Odd, isn't it, that the sites they rate highest are owned mainly by the 6 corporations that own ~90% of the media outlets, while the ones they rate lowest are not.
Pravda much?
Old 01-15-2020, 06:17 PM   #20
Dev Null
Valued Poster

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/just-facts-daily/

In summary, this is a factual website from a sourcing standpoint and impressively researched. It does however convey a right leaning bias through story selection that is more favorable toward conservative causes and more negative toward liberal policy.

Just Facts Daily (JFD) is a news, opinion and fact checking website with a right-center bias in reporting. JFD’s tagline is “Be Informed, Not Just Opinionated.” This website is certainly informative, but it also appears to be quite opinionated.

First, lets look at factual reporting. We could not find any evidence of JFD making certified false claims. Each article is also impeccably sourced to credible information to convey their narrative. Therefore, we rate them high for factual reporting. The right-center bias designation comes from multiple factors. First, there is excessive use of loaded emotional words in the headlines. The following loaded words (words that attempt to influence through positive or negative emotion) were found in the first 15 headlines: Incompetent, Dishonest, Catastrophically, Deceitful, Brazen Lie, Smearing, Deadly Falsehoods. Most of these words appeared in headlines when the topic was about liberal politicians or liberal policy. Further, the headlines that described conservative policy did not contain these negative connotations. They were mostly neutral in wording.
Old 01-15-2020, 06:45 PM   #21
Dev Null
Valued Poster

http://libraryguides.library.clark.e...dia-bias-chart

Old 01-15-2020, 06:54 PM   #22
Dev Null
Valued Poster

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/ho...art-2018-02-28

There are a number of charts like this if you search "media bias ratings". They're pretty similar, unless you count the one that Alex Jones posted on Infowars:

You can choose for yourself, but considering that Alex Jones is in deep shit for publishing the falsehood that Sandy Hook was a hoax, the choice is pretty obvious.

https://apnews.com/f07ede9177eaa45b1792a5559c9c2593

Corporations are not inherently evil, or even suspect. Would you buy a car or fly in an airplane that wasn't made by a big corporation?

Well, maybe you'd want to think twice about Boeing and Volkswagen, but we can thank the corporate news media for breaking those stories. They have the resources to hire the best talent and offer the best benefits, and in a world where the decline of print media has changed the landscape of media ownership and forced many family-owned media sources to be assimilated. I'm not saying that's inherently good or bad, but it's just the way it is these days.

Conservatives rely on corporate news media, too. Fox? Corporation. Your local talk radio? Probably owned by iHeartMedia, formerly Clear Channel Communications, a major conglomerate that has a history of censorship and using paid actors posing as callers:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IHeartMedia#Censorship
Old 01-20-2020, 07:41 AM   #23
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Accuracy matters

Quote:
They're pretty similar, unless you count the one that Alex Jones posted on Infowars:

The X axis seems to be perfectly accurate and clear. Ima go with that one.
Besides, who says journalism can't be a contact sport?!?
Old 01-20-2020, 04:45 PM   #24
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post
The X axis seems to be perfectly accurate and clear. Ima go with that one.
The x-axis would be a little more accurate if it weren't mislabeled. Substitute "Fact-based" for "Tyranny" and "Bat Shit Crazy" for "Freedom" and it might be somewhat useful.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:08 PM   #25
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Didn't get a recent one, but from 2009, closer to the period when Newt pushed to cut the funding, this was the breakdown.

Don't seem state run to me. Maybe that is what certain politically leaning people think is tyranny.

Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 01-21-2020, 04:56 AM   #26
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Cool Facts on sale for only $35M

Quote:
"Fact-based" for "Tyranny"
I recollect that CNN is paying Mr. Sandman somewhere around $35M for there fact based reporting. To be fair, they were somewhat smart to be the first to settle. I don't recall anyone claiming stories on Zero Hedge or Brietbart are false.
Old 01-21-2020, 07:20 AM   #27
Dev Null
Valued Poster

Quote:
I recollect that CNN is paying Mr. Sandman somewhere around $35M for there fact based reporting. To be fair, they were somewhat smart to be the first to settle. I don't recall anyone claiming stories on Zero Hedge or Brietbart are false.
In that case, you must have been on his legal team, since the terms of the settlement weren't disclosed:

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/cn...on-settlement/

As far as the two sources you mention, Zero Hedge's fact reporting is rated as Mixed for publishing conspiracy theories and pseudoscience:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/zero-hedge/

The website is registered in Bulgaria under the name Georgi Georgiev, a business partner of Krassimir Ivandjiiski.

Zero Hedge’s content has been classified as “alt-right” and has been criticized for presenting conspiracy theories.

In review, Zero Hedge publishes pro-right wing/Trump articles such as Pat Buchanan: “Trump Calls Off Cold War II.” As well as fake news stories regarding liberals: Anti-Trump Protesters Bused Into Austin, Chicago.

Editorial content is written under the pseudonym Tyler Durden and usually focuses on conspiracies related to economic collapse. Zero Hedge sources to factually mixed think tanks such as the The Mises Institute, which promotes Austrian (Anarcho-Capitalism) economics.

A factual search reveals a terrible track record with IFCN fact checkers. There are too many failed checks to list here.

For its part, Breitbart rates Questionable due to conspiracy theories and numerous failed fact checks:

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/breitbart/

A factual search reveals numerous failed fact checks by IFCN Fact Checkers. Here are just a few of many as an example:

Breitbart Duped by Fake News (Again) (False)
Following Joe Kennedy’s speech, Breitbart says Fall River, Mass. not built by immigrants (False)
Breitbart gets the wrong Loretta Lynch in Whitewater claim (Pants on Fire)
Did Planned Parenthood ‘Team Up’ With Satanists to Promote Abortion Rights in Missouri? (False)
Trump’s ISIS Conspiracy Theory (False)
Breitbart article baselessly claims a study of past climate invalidates human-caused climate change (False)

Overall, we rate Breitbart Questionable based on extreme right wing bias, publication of conspiracy theories and propaganda as well as numerous false claims.
Old 01-25-2020, 04:29 AM   #28
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Return you seat to it's upright and comfortable position...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post
Don't seem state run to me.

Approx 6% directly from the gubmint huh?At what level of government sponsorship to a media outlet to you get uncomfortable? But then, you probably also think airplane seats are comfortable.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:31 PM   #29
Precious_b
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 44

Quote:
Approx 6% directly from the gubmint huh?At what level of government sponsorship to a media outlet to you get uncomfortable? But then, you probably also think airplane seats are comfortable.
Yes I do. First Class and business class seating is over 6% of flight volume.

I guess you gotta thank Fearless Leader for the country supporting PBS and NPR. Goes counter to what you posted if you believe the masses.
Precious_b is offline   Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:16 AM   #30
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Default Answer the fook'n question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Precious_b View Post

Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do
Approx 6% directly from the gubmint huh?At what level of government sponsorship to a media outlet to you get uncomfortable?

Notwithstanding the concept that most of the other donations are tax deductible, thus the people, via government, are tossing $$ into PBS coffers, albeit without direct consent:

At what level of government sponsorship to a media outlet do you get uncomfortable?

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women