Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70373
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59830
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47417
pyramider46370
bambino40272
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-24-2017, 07:13 PM   #16
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 118

Go to beachbody.com, the home of Insanity and P90X. There are lots of workouts for men and women of all ages. And, if you eat fast food daily, drink alcohol daily and consume saturated fats, you're gonna have to cut it out for the programs to work.

I did Insanity (cardio) when I was almost 60. Lost 30 lbs. (212 to 182) went to 11 on the body fat scale in 60 days. Lost any aches and pains I had, too.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 03:47 PM   #17
SammyGold
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56
Default Lose the weight first

Sorry to bump an aging thread, but this is on point and timely for me.

I'm going on 50 this year and I'd say that I'm half-way through my big lifestyle turnaround. Mr Mojo's comments above are fantastic - gotta change the environment first. I also took notes on the weight routine he described.

For me, I tried the weights when I first started but I was in too shitty shape for it to help. I first had to get the diet under control. I'm 5'6" and went from 230 to 190 in about 4-5 months. Nothing crazy fast. Eating healthy is definitely the key. But what also helped more for me was intermittent fasting - lots of small meals did NOT work for me. Instead, it was two bigger meals between noon and 8pm and nothing else. I did depend on this weird but tasty iced tea concoction I found online and modified - brewed green tea, lemon juice, honey, and Siracha. Puckered my lips and belly and kept the hunger pangs to a minimum.

For meals it was no dairy and very limited carbs. Heavy on protein and veggies - usually a nice hunk of grilled meat and steamed veggies for dinner. I'd slip in a potato or rice now and then as a treat. I've never been a junk food guy and so dropping any processed food, snacks, dessert, sugar, etc. was easy. Like I said weights didn't add much for me at the beginning but I did do the "Couch-to-5k" program to get my fat ass off the couch and do some Cardio. That worked for me as well.

I'm happy with where I've gotten to so far - it's nice to lose the belly, not be sucking air, and also see my dick for a change when I'm plowing the 20 somethings from this site.

But I'm not done yet and the advice in this thread is helpful. My goal has always been to get to 170 or so, but I've been stuck at 190 for several months now. Time to change strategy and add in the weights for real. I've been looking for routines and advice for older gents and this has been helpful.
SammyGold is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 08:55 PM   #18
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr MojoRisin View Post
Kegel has it's benefits no doubt. In time you might be able to piss over a fence, but it won't give you washboard abs.

Jim
I used to do Kegels when I was younger.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 09:00 PM   #19
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

https://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/jim...-overview.html

looking at Jim Stoppani's shred workout. what I like about is that you do cardio between sets. keeps the blood flowing. pretty rigorous excercise routines. lot of stuff to remember. lol!
Old 07-08-2017, 05:10 PM   #20
futbolhead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

All of gyms work to get hard muscles, but you can have hard muscles under a layer or two of fat so you would still look like shit. I really get bored with weights. Diet might be the most important thing that you can do, Cut as much bread out of your diet as possible. I used to lift so I'm satisfied with size, I mainly want to feel good, be firm and look as good as possible.

The routine that works for me is hot yoga 3 or 4 times a week, 75-100 miles per week on a bike and random tennis.
futbolhead is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 08:46 PM   #21
SammyGold
Valued Poster

Encounters: 56

Now that you mention it, muscle under fat makes sense. I see lots of big guys at the gym lifting incredible weight but looking like shit. It was confusing to me but it makes sense with what you said. What's the point of strength if you look like that?

What is hot yoga - does that mean yoga in a hot room? Or some kind of mix of cardio and yoga?

I'm still doing my research but I'm making my way toward some kind of weekly schedule with a good mix of flexibility, cardio, strength training and diet. I'll stick with the intermittent fasting if I can - might be harder as I add more training. I used to do yoga and I like the idea of going back to that for flexibility. I'm reading that's what goes first as we age. Plus a room full of women in yoga gear ain't bad either.
SammyGold is offline   Quote
Old 07-08-2017, 09:42 PM   #22
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyGold View Post
What is hot yoga - does that mean yoga in a hot room? Or some kind of mix of cardio and yoga?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hot_yoga

there are several versions of it.

but yeah, yoga exercises in a hot room or a in a hot climate.
Old 07-09-2017, 10:15 AM   #23
futbolhead
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14

Hot yoga or bikram yoga is 60 (or sometimes 90) minutes of 30ish postures that work muscles and organs. It firms up most core muscles and improves flexibility, breathing and balance. I also think that it motivates me to eat better, you don't want to do it after overeating. Get used to sweating though, I have weighed myself before and after, I usually lose about 4lbs of water weight in the 90 minute class.

There are enough guys doing it so you don't feel like a creep, not all of the women are at their peak, but you will find the hottest women in town in those classes, lol.
futbolhead is offline   Quote
Old 07-10-2017, 12:06 AM   #24
Mr MojoRisin
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SammyGold View Post
Sorry to bump an aging thread, but this is on point and timely for me.

I'm going on 50 this year and I'd say that I'm half-way through my big lifestyle turnaround. Mr Mojo's comments above are fantastic - gotta change the environment first. I also took notes on the weight routine he described.

For me, I tried the weights when I first started but I was in too shitty shape for it to help. I first had to get the diet under control. I'm 5'6" and went from 230 to 190 in about 4-5 months. Nothing crazy fast. Eating healthy is definitely the key. But what also helped more for me was intermittent fasting - lots of small meals did NOT work for me. Instead, it was two bigger meals between noon and 8pm and nothing else. I did depend on this weird but tasty iced tea concoction I found online and modified - brewed green tea, lemon juice, honey, and Siracha. Puckered my lips and belly and kept the hunger pangs to a minimum.

For meals it was no dairy and very limited carbs. Heavy on protein and veggies - usually a nice hunk of grilled meat and steamed veggies for dinner. I'd slip in a potato or rice now and then as a treat. I've never been a junk food guy and so dropping any processed food, snacks, dessert, sugar, etc. was easy. Like I said weights didn't add much for me at the beginning but I did do the "Couch-to-5k" program to get my fat ass off the couch and do some Cardio. That worked for me as well.

I'm happy with where I've gotten to so far - it's nice to lose the belly, not be sucking air, and also see my dick for a change when I'm plowing the 20 somethings from this site.

But I'm not done yet and the advice in this thread is helpful. My goal has always been to get to 170 or so, but I've been stuck at 190 for several months now. Time to change strategy and add in the weights for real. I've been looking for routines and advice for older gents and this has been helpful.
Sounds to me like you're doing pretty good. The only thing I would object to is, if you're grilling meat over charcoal cut it out and use a gas grill. I live in Louisiana and just like Texas we're grill freaks here too. I've read so many negatives about grilling meat over charcoal especially fatty meats like sausages. You mentioned you steam veggies definitely keep doing that. Stay away from refined sugar and processed meats for ever. Incorporate unfiltered raw honey into your diet as a sweetener, I even put it into my coffee. We are getting older and we have to change our diet we can't eat like teenagers anymore. In the gym, experiment with different combinations of weights, reps and sets. Just remember we are all different. What works for one guy may not work for you. Don't be afraid to try supplements just do them in moderation to learn how your body reacts to them. Above all else have a good time.

Jim
Mr MojoRisin is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women