Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452822
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37048
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 10-03-2017, 07:15 PM   #16
DocHolyday
Valued Poster

Encounters: 68
Thumbs up Thanks for the input!!

Thanks to all of those who continue to provide information on this troubling issue. ...
DocHolyday is offline   Quote
Old 10-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #17
garhkal
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHolyday View Post
Thanks for the insight. Geez, do some people have nothing better to do than create BS & trouble???
Yup.. Why do you think we have so many computer viruses created each and eveyr year.. IMO THIS is why i would love to have the power to infect ANYONE WHO Has created a harmful computer virus WITH A LIVE virus that has no known bloody cure..
garhkal is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 04:08 AM   #18
Warptcuck
Valued Poster

Encounters: 40

Someone called me last night with the same area code and prefix as me, saying I called them. My cell phone was locked in my truck, with no one in it at the time of the call
Warptcuck is offline   Quote
Old 10-04-2017, 08:16 AM   #19
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181
Default it's your HOBBY phone!!!!

Virtually all hobby phones are non-listed numbers (at least I hope yours are) so the fact of the matter is if you don't already have a number saved in your contact list, when a new number pops up

-- do not answer it.

-- if it is someone you want to know, they will 99 pct of the time either leave a voice mail or send a text

-- absent either of the above, you can google the unknown number and maybe get a clue. 800notes.com is a good place to archive scammers and spammers.

Assuming your hardware is secured (meaning locked when not in your pocket and/or secured and hidden away all other times) you have two options:

-- you may leave the phone locked but turned on, so messages and calls can be observed when you get back to it

-- you may turn the hardware OFF, but it will still accept texts and voice mails when you turn it back on.

There are way too many scammers just randomly dialing entire banks of phone numbers and when they get a live voice they are annotating that number as "live" so it can sold or shared with other dialing scammers and spammers.

If you have a phone or phone carrier that allows you to block numbers, do so and stymie the callers up front.

Happy Hobbying!

= = = = =

Always check my signature for calendar information not visible in mobile web version! Click HERE
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 05:55 AM   #20
Ed Highlight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 79
Default Good stuff ck!!

Many of these robo-callers have a device that makes YOUR number appear on the caller-ID. My elderly mother (88 years old) calls me and tells me "someone is using MY phone to make calls!!"... and "when I try to call them back, the number is always busy!!"...
Ed Highlight is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2017, 08:47 PM   #21
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrredcat43 View Post
Several years ago, I downloaded an app that would allow me to make prank calls. In the app, you could put in the # you wanted to dial, then put in the # that you want to show up on the caller id. You also chose a recorded prank from a list and make the call. After the call, the app would send you the recording and you could save it.
sounds high-tech.. I miss the simple days of "do you have Prince Albert in a can"?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2017, 09:34 PM   #22
corona
Premium Access

Encounters: 86

This has been made possible by the proliferation of voip technology. It happens constantly now.
corona is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 11:35 AM   #23
honeydavis
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 1940
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ck1942 View Post
-- if it is someone you want to know, they will 99 pct of the time either leave a voice mail or send a text
I’d have to politely disagree. As a rule, I never leave voicemail.
honeydavis is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:41 PM   #24
xtrem
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by honeydavis View Post
I’d have to politely disagree. As a rule, I never leave voicemail.
+1
xtrem is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2017, 06:42 PM   #25
Jam3768
Valued Poster

Encounters: 36

I've been getting a lot of calls like this lately. I do a little research and more often than not the owner of the number is recently deceased.

Obviously doing this kind of shit makes money for the people involved. Why would they do it otherwise. What really concerns me is how fucking stupid do you have to be to send money to the caller on the other end of the line
Jam3768 is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 08:02 AM   #26
rexdutchman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 22

Yup Scam , happened to me ( I don't call myself more then one time a day LOL )
rexdutchman is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:01 PM   #27
Analeese
Account Disabled

User ID: 235310
My ECCIE Reviews

Do y'all remember the text to death app? Where you could literally spam a person's phone with the same text a thousand times. That was pretty funny to do when a person really pissed you off that you just couldn't stand.
Analeese is offline   Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 09:04 PM   #28
Analeese
Account Disabled

User ID: 235310
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Highlight View Post
Many of these robo-callers have a device that makes YOUR number appear on the caller-ID. My elderly mother (88 years old) calls me and tells me "someone is using MY phone to make calls!!"... and "when I try to call them back, the number is always busy!!"...
Your mom sounds like such a sweet lady to me....i literally awwwwwed when I read your post...i think the elderly are so freaking sweet and cute....they come in my job a lot for help and asking questions and I like helping them!
Analeese is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women