Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160204
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452834
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47408
pyramider46370
bambino40262
CryptKicker37054
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-23-2010, 10:16 PM   #1
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3412
My ECCIE Reviews
Default $pread magazine to cease publication in 2011 =(

Oh how this little world of ours continues to change.

Sadly, $pread magazine will
cease publication in 2011. After five years of being staffed by an all-volunteer crew, this truly breaks my heart. I feel that if more people knew of their existence (mainly, other sex workers and their allies) this would not be happening. This is an example of why it's crucial that we share the word with others and stop being afraid to speak up.

I hope a few of you will consider donating to them or ordering their final two issues or cool tshirts by clicking here.

$pread aimed to illuminate the sex industry and destigmatize sex work. They did a wonderful job these past five years and they will be sorely missed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

from $pread magazine's blog

R.I.P Spread
23rd August 2010

Hello $pread fans. We regret to inform you that, while we expect to publish 5.4, the Crime and Punishment Issue and 6.1, the Race Issue (guest-edited by a fabulous collective of sex workers of color) by January, $pread will close its glittery doors soon after the dawn of the New Year.

Once the remaining two issues have been posted, we will fulfill subscriptions for those of you who are owed them with the option of back issues, or, if you’re feeling generous, a waiver to help us with closing costs. We apologize for those of you who have only recently come to know us, and to all our longtime supporters. After all these years, five all-volunteer years to be exact, we have come to the conclusion that an all-volunteer magazine is simply unsustainable in the current publishing climate. Short of a donation of $30,000, we will be unable to sustain the magazine past January.

For those of you with a hankering for $pread merchandise and back issues, make sure to go to the $pread Shop (www.spreadmagazine.org/shop) in the next few months. For those of you who do not currently have a subscription, please purchase the next two issues individually. Once we print the next two issues, we will donate the materials to our outreach partners as well as lay the foundation for a physical archive, complete with all the $pread memories of yore, blemishes and all.
We hope that you will look forward to a $pread retrospective in book form, featuring highlights of our five years of publishing. We will also package a ‘$pread Scrapbook’ for sex worker advocates looking for tips and tricks on publishing a magazine by and for people working in the sex industry. We are producing these materials in the hopes that our model will help motivate the continued movement for social justice among our many and varied communities, in the same way Danzine inspired our own publication.

We also close our doors in the comfort of knowing that right now, around the world, sex worker-run and sex worker-supportive media such as ConStellation (www.chezstella.org) in Montreal, Flower in Beijing, and Red Light District Chicago (www.redlightdistrictchicago.co m) are holding forth on the issues that matter to our communities.

$pread was motivated by the motto “Illuminating the Sex Industry.” We submit these five years of blood, sweat, and tears to you as a testament to this founding sentiment. May the struggle to end the stigma, discrimination, and violence perpetrated against our communities end in justice, and may the flashy strobe light of sex worker rights never go out, but illuminate the sex industry for the world to see.
LynetteMarie is offline   Quote
Old 08-24-2010, 02:23 PM   #2
Guest042611
Account Disabled

User ID: 8913

Super sad. I love them.
Guest042611 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 04:02 AM   #3
MistressOlympia
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 39278

I am buying all the back issues because I have a feeling it will be a LONG time before there is anything else like $pread. This is very sad.
MistressOlympia is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 07:33 AM   #4
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Sounds like marketing wasn't their strong suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressOlympia View Post
I am buying all the back issues because I have a feeling it will be a LONG time before there is anything else like $pread. This is very sad.
If you can't make any money with an all-volunteer staff.....
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 11:24 AM   #5
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
Super sad. I love them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MistressOlympia View Post
Agreed and agreed. I bought out about 3/4 of their online store!!

I think the closest thing is the new Whore! magazine. I hope people will start subscribing and supporting them right away...they're more of a melting pot of whores, if you will, rather than just SW focused. As they say, they are "dedicated to celebrating the current and historical qualities of women who have defined a role for themselves outside the status quo."
Old 08-26-2010, 12:21 PM   #6
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Not that paying for the funeral issn't honorable

Buying issue's after they cease operations is like going to a relatives' funeral. I'm sure they would have appreciated more visits while they were alive.....especially if it may have prolonged their life!

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:37 PM   #7
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynetteMarie View Post
I think the closest thing is the new Whore! magazine.
I'm sure the wife would love a copy in the living room.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:38 PM   #8
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
PJ, you're such a realist
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:40 PM   #9
nevergaveitathought
Valued Poster

Default could bind a few editions together

Quote:
coffee table book?
nevergaveitathought is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:41 PM   #10
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
You should order a subscription for the priest. He can keep it in the church office or rectory. He is, after all, supposed to minister to "sinners."
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 12:55 PM   #11
LynetteMarie
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
You should order a subscription for the priest. He can keep it in the church office or rectory. He is, after all, supposed to minister to "sinners."
Not sure about priests but I gave copies to my pastors, fellow ministers and small group members (I led a study recently and we discussed SW/prostitution at length.) They were fascinated by it mostly...only a handful seemed scared, judgmental or driven to "save" those in the industry or their patrons.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:03 PM   #12
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Not sure about priests but I gave copies to my pastors, fellow ministers and small group members (I led a study recently and we discussed SW/prostitution at length.) They were fascinated by it mostly...only a handful seemed scared, judgmental or driven to "save" those in the industry or their patrons.
Kewl!!!!! I would have loved to attend those little studies.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #13
Carrie Hillcrest
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 167
My ECCIE Reviews

Well, that is a damn shame.
Carrie Hillcrest is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:37 PM   #14
Guest042611
Account Disabled

User ID: 8913

Quote:
Not sure about priests but I gave copies to my pastors, fellow ministers and small group members (I led a study recently and we discussed SW/prostitution at length.)
That is AWESOME!
Guest042611 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women