Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160272
Yssup Rider59843
gman4452860
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47422
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35137
Mojojo33117

Old 02-23-2011, 02:26 PM   #1
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews
Default "Clear" internet - brilliant for home and travel and great price!

Fot those that don't have a 3G ipad/device....

I used to have an internet connection at home as well as the USB from Verizon so that I could tether when travelling. Between the two of them, I was spending over $100 a month and that was if I didnt go over my data package limit with Verizon!

I justs witched to Clear and I LOVE them!
It's a 4G wireless connection..so its the fastest there is.
It works using a USB and you can use it in the house, car when traveling...practically anywhere.
Around 40% of the country is set up for 4G usuage..so I have the package that also covers 3G areas so I'm covered no matter where I travel. The national package I have allows unlimited use of 4G whilst 3G does have some limits..but since Boston is a 4G area and I dont go to many 3G area it's great for me.
USB arrived in under 3 days and my monthly cost is $55.
No more tethering with Verizon and no more modem at home.
LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!!
Just thought I'd mention it anycase its any good for anyone else....

http://www.clear.com/callnow/call?cp...clear+internet[e]&s_kwcid=TC|9631|clear%20inter net||S|e|7482744595&gclid=CMD8 w4WZn6cCFdtx5QodsnCBdA#

C x
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:47 PM   #2
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

I also have Clear. Had it for about 17 months out of a 24 month contract. When my contract expires in the Summer I will be shopping.

The home product works fine.

The mobile product has been very hit or miss, involved a lot of time on the phone with support & several new USB modems shipped to me. The plus I give them is the support is US-based and they'll ship replacement product overnight, no charge. The coverage is not as consistent as I'd like. Many dead spots right in the middle of the city.

Anyway...my experience...do I get review credit for this?
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:50 PM   #3
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

I spent about 3 mos in Chicago last year. Had a daily cab driver who immigrated from the Crimea. He had a laptop set up in the cab with Clear internet service, then a Skype setup so he could talk to the folks back in the Crimea with a vidcam. Pretty cool little device IMHO.

If you want to see the range of 3G/4G, I suggest going to the Amazon/Kindle website. Had a friend whose daughter was in Peking. The daughter was a voracious reader, and the friend said it cost a fortune to send books, and then she wasn't sure they got through Chinese customs. I suggested sending her a Kindle & the daughter could download books. The Kindle site showed the coverage for Peking China.

However, I do suggest checking out the Clear coverage first.
charlestudor2005 is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 02:57 PM   #4
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 21422
My ECCIE Reviews

I have a cable connection at home, a wireless card for traveling, and of course my Blackberry. Gosh, I think that week I was banned was pure heaven because it was an escape from technology for a while. I miss the days of real love letters that you would leave on a girl's window.
London Rayne is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:00 PM   #5
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
I miss the days of real love letters that you would leave on a girl's window.
Too many sirens, alarms and cameras around your window now. Just have to settle for leaving them on a SHMB.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:03 PM   #6
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

LOL....actually, I had bars on my window as a teen....ONLY my window, which looked really stupid!
Old 02-23-2011, 03:05 PM   #7
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
I spent about 3 mos in Chicago last year. Had a daily cab driver who immigrated from the Crimea. He had a laptop set up in the cab with Clear internet service, then a Skype setup so he could talk to the folks back in the Crimea with a vidcam. Pretty cool little device IMHO.

If you want to see the range of 3G/4G, I suggest going to the Amazon/Kindle website. Had a friend whose daughter was in Peking. The daughter was a voracious reader, and the friend said it cost a fortune to send books, and then she wasn't sure they got through Chinese customs. I suggested sending her a Kindle & the daughter could download books. The Kindle site showed the coverage for Peking China.

When it works great the 4G mobile is awesome...when I 1st got it was before the I-pad debuted....the idea of watching a movie or ballgame in realtime in the back of a cab was (still is?) cool
Old 02-23-2011, 03:12 PM   #8
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by London Rayne View Post
LOL....actually, I had bars on my window as a teen....ONLY my window, which looked really stupid!
But probably well deserved. Which was your parents' goal: keep you in or keep the guys out?
Old 02-23-2011, 03:15 PM   #9
Sisyphus
Valued Poster

Location: Up a hill...down a hill... Up a hill...down a hill...

Thanks for the Clear review, Camille! I shall take a look.

I've been using a T-Mobile myTouch 4G for the last couple of months as my primary Internet connection while on the road. On the whole, I've been pretty happy with it. More often than not, it's faster than the "high speed" internet connection being offered in the hotel. Comparable speed to Boingo & most airport offerings.

Press a button, it becomes a secure mobile hotspot (well...as secure as any mobile packet encryption protocol is) that I can connect any two other devices to..no fuss, no muss. My only real beef is that I've found the latency times can get rather high...which makes certain types of web use slow-pokey And, overall bandwidth has been problematic in a couple of locales at certain times. It also can be a PITA to kick one device off to use another. Have to go into the 1st device & turn off wireless. Then, connect with the next device.

If the timing is such that one needs a new phone at the same time...worth a look...
Sisyphus is offline   Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 03:16 PM   #10
London Rayne
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
But probably well deserved. Which was your parents' goal: keep you in or keep the guys out?
As always you're right. Both were the goal, I would assume lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:24 PM   #11
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

No probs sis

ATL, was that just in your home state when you found it a bit dodgy or various states? Maybe I've just been lucky then? To be honest, even if I just use it for Boston and stick with the USB for Verizon it's still cheaper and more accesible...though obviously it won't be doing quite what it says on the tin! Just used it in Orlando fine...here's hoping!!

C xxx

Btw...if anyone has other rec's let's hear them. I'm on 30 days trial lol.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:33 PM   #12
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
No probs sis

ATL, was that just in your home state when you found it a bit dodgy or various states? Maybe I've just been lucky then? To be honest, even if I just use it for Boston and stick with the USB for Verizon it's still cheaper and more accesible...though obviously it won't be doing quite what it says on the tin! Just used it in Orlando fine...here's hoping!!

C xxx

Btw...if anyone has other rec's let's hear them. I'm on 30 days trial lol.
I've had trouble in Buckhead (neighborhood in the City). Like I said, hit or miss, most of the time fine but it is hard to put a price/cost on the downtime. Real spotty outside of the city/major suburbs but you get a coverage map in advance so it isn't a surprise.
Old 02-23-2011, 03:34 PM   #13
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Thanks for that!!

C xx
Old 02-23-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Camille
Pending Age Verification

My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:

I have the 3G kindle too Charles. I opted for that because I knew I'd forget to download before traveling and there are certain places you cannot download if you don't have the 3G kindle. It was worth paying the extra for the convenience for me. Love the kindle, though I do hate the kindle app on the ipad..backlight really hurts my eyes, hence seperate device.

C x
Old 02-24-2011, 03:26 AM   #15
charlestudor2005
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
I have the 3G kindle too Charles. I opted for that because I knew I'd forget to download before traveling and there are certain places you cannot download if you don't have the 3G kindle. It was worth paying the extra for the convenience for me. Love the kindle, though I do hate the kindle app on the ipad..backlight really hurts my eyes, hence seperate device.

C x
I had the Kindle for about 6 mos before I found that I had not only a dictionary on it, but I could also access Google & Wikipedia. For those of us who are knowledge deficient, it's a boon.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women