Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 08-27-2012, 06:40 PM   #1
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709
Default "Dressing Age appropriate?"

Hello Lovelies!

I`d love to share this article with you guys, which - of course - I do find wonderfully written and agree with mostly. I was wondering what your thoughts to this subject were? Looking forward to the discussion:

"Brown thumbed her nose at the notion that women of a certain age should be condemned to shuffle around in flat shoes and colorless clothing for the rest of their lives. She straight up wore what made her happy right to the end

There is harsh criticism out there for women who don’t “act their age." A quick Google search lead me to this horrifying list that helpfully broke down at what age women should stop wearing certain things:

Mini skirts, 35

Knee High Boots, 47

Leggings, 45

Ugg boots, 45

Swimsuit, 61

Bikini, 39

Long hair, 53

Ponytail, 51"

http://www.xojane.com/clothes/style-...n-gurley-brown
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 10:58 PM   #2
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

No.
For myself I plan to wear whatever is most flattering to my personal appearance, and projects the image of my inner self for as long as I'm capable of dressing and grooming myself.
The only thing I would wish to see less of as women age is the effort not to age. When I am 55 I hope I never feel compelled to have the pouty lips and full round cheeks of my 20s. I will be proud when my dimples become permanent laugh lines, it will mean I had a joyful life. When I develop a permanent crease between my brows it will mean I took my life seriously and existed as a cerebral being. I hope to live the kind of life that will display an interesting story on my face.
Well into my infirm years I will proudly combine that old face of mine with knee high boots over leggings and a long high ponytail. I plan to take care of myself my whole life. Chic should be timeless, so anything that looks sophisticated on a 28 year old should look the same on a well cared for 48 year old, or 68 year old, etc.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #3
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnelieseBell View Post
Chic should be timeless, so anything that looks sophisticated on a 28 year old should look the same on a well cared for 48 year old, or 68 year old, etc.
I agree. I think it`s all about taste and how the overall condition is (which means not age) and so for me there are not rules on not to wear miniskirts at an age (I never wore miniskirts, no matter what age, because I don`t like them, so to speak)
Old 08-28-2012, 06:26 AM   #4
Bigh1955
Valued Poster

Encounters: 30

The world is full of pretenders, those whose appearance reflects what others say is correct, or best. Originality is rare, it reflects the spirit and beauty within, and this beauty is timeless.

I think there should be one rule when it comes to age appropriate attire: stop wearing diapers when you're potty trained; start again when your not
Bigh1955 is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

wow--I wear some of those items...........what am I supposed to wear then??

I may be 49 but I aint dead and my body still looks good! lol
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 08:36 AM   #6
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
wow--I wear some of those items...........what am I supposed to wear then??

I may be 49 but I aint dead and my body still looks good! lol
same here!
And I like the way the lady looks in the article. I always had a fancy for colourful clothes.

And leggings ) (lol)
Old 08-28-2012, 09:28 AM   #7
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I know---I think attitude make the woman!
Old 08-28-2012, 11:04 AM   #8
AnnelieseBell
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 150209

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasRain View Post
I know---I think attitude make the woman!
Absolutely. At one time I probably would have agreed about miniskirts, and added glitter eyeshadow, bright hair dye, and their ilk to the list, but then you see vivienne Westwood, Patricia field, and betsey Johnson wearing it, even in their later years, and it suits them. Their personalities would be stifled by beige.
AnnelieseBell is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:14 PM   #9
Lexxxy
☆Fictional Character☆

User ID: 29515
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I will never cut my long hair or change my makeup style.
Lexxxy is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:08 PM   #10
Texmedic
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I just love it when people say you should dress this way or that way ..... or dress your age. I do think that when dressing whether male or female, wear something that is the correct size and fits well. IN MY JOB i HAVE COME ACROSS LADIES IN THEIR LATE 50'S THRU MID 60's that are SMOKIN HOT and ooze sophistication and class, wear the clothing dont let the clothing wear you.
Texmedic is offline   Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 07:11 PM   #11
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

amen!
Old 08-29-2012, 10:14 AM   #12
Dawgs
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

A few years ago at a car event a very well known female driver from the 60's was in attendance. She was in her 70's and was still wearing her trademark pink short shorts. Damn those legs still looked fine to me.
Dawgs is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #13
exoticdanceweardealer
BANNED

Encounters: 4

Well, it may be the universal consensus that women should stop dressing in more youthful styles as they age. Granted if you are wearing a hairstyle from 2 decades ago or have more hot pink and glitter on than a 14 year old girl who frequents Claire's you might be a bit overboard. Knee high boots and miniskirts on mature women? Geez, that's probably the hottest thing on the planet to me.

So I am not sure, there are lots of us guys who like older women, we definitely do not want to see you all in baggy boring clothing.
exoticdanceweardealer is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:37 AM   #14
ICU 812
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

I gotta say that whenever I go to the mall, I plan on sitting in the food coutrt pretending to eat something while watching the line-up in front of one or another of the fine dining establishments.

The look that gets my attention is the flip-flops with short-shorts and a spagetti-strapped skimpy top. this only really looks good on someone <25 or so.

Ok, so maybe I AM an old perv . . . .
ICU 812 is offline   Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:44 AM   #15
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by ICU 812 View Post
I gotta say that whenever I go to the mall, I plan on sitting in the food coutrt pretending to eat something while watching the line-up in front of one or another of the fine dining establishments.

The look that gets my attention is the flip-flops with short-shorts and a spagetti-strapped skimpy top. this only really looks good on someone <25 or so.

Ok, so maybe I AM an old perv . . . .
lol
sorta like
peter wearing daisy dukes on family guy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nn572zrAgHM

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women