Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160475
Yssup Rider59896
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47502
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37078
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 09-06-2010, 11:48 AM   #46
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlestudor2005 View Post
Since I've never engaged an HDH
So I guess we should regard you as an expert then.
pjorourke is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:45 PM   #47
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Becky View Post
If you look at the history of call girls you will find that despite what is happening with the economy there has always been companionship/sex offered for sale at various price levels made to fit different needs.I hope that does not change, but with the economy being so iffy these days it is a good reminder to all of us to continue saving our money for possibly unstable times.
That's an important and valuable point.

The problem with using standard economic analysis on this sort of thing is that standard economic analysis assumes a fungible commodity and a buyer who is perfectly aware of his enlightened self-interest, and interprets his self interest in purely economic terms.

This breaks down in every dimension. The providers I've seen are far from fungible commodities. They are very unique, with something unique to offer. I can't imagine willy-nilly replacing a lady I see at $X with an unknown lady at $X-50. This is without regard to price point.

This is a realm also in which economic terms are not generally the terms in which the buyer measures his self-interest. After all, it is an entirely optional purchase and arguably in most cases, economically speaking, the buyer is better off making no purchase at all. And when you add risks to it, if buyers were purely rational actors balancing cost and benefit economically, the hobby wouldn't exist.

Therefore, buyer behavior is motivated more by the aspects of humanity that can't be referenced to purely economic beings. There are intangibles, emotions, drives, etc.

When you combine the non-fungibility of providers with buyers who do not act in their economic self-interest; standard models of economic prediction break down.

So I'm with you on that, Becky!

Where I think the HDH market is at risk is in a factor outside of these. Specifically, I believe the number of males who have the economic capacity to spend more for an hour of a woman's time than the average man earns in a week is poised to decline for a variety of reasons.

If I were an HDH I'd be doing just like you -- taking care of my regulars and saving for a rainy day!

Oh ... and keeping Ed in good trim for hunting squirrels! :-)
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:55 PM   #48
Laurentius
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camille View Post
It depends on whether you think that HDH means higher priced or higher end. It has been argued time and time again that the two are not mutually inclusive.
You are right. After all, who is to say that a woman who charges any given rate is a hottie at all? She might charge $5k and I might not enjoy her company one iota.

In my own interpretation, I'm specifying dollars simply because the acronym stands for high dollar hottie; so I'm using dollars to define it.

My appointments are 50/50 in terms of ladies who meet my definition of an HDH and ladies who don't.

In terms of the quality of the companionship, there is truly no difference except those attributable to the women as individuals. In terms of how much I enjoy their company, there is no difference based on price. I would consider all the ladies I see to be "high end" without regard to price point; because they are beautiful women with keen intellects, solid ethics and a great deal to offer outside the bedroom as well as inside.

I think that's how I'd define high-end. A high-end lady has as much or more to offer outside the bedroom as in.

I noticed this phenomenon somewhat recently. A lady I know rolled into town during a time when I simply could not work the logistics for sex into my schedule; but could work in an hour for lunch.

I offered to pay her the same for lunch as if it were BCD.

I think that's where you know a lady is high end -- when she has so much to offer you'd pay her for time outside the bedroom.

And this phenomenon has no relationship to the lady's rates that I've been able to discern.

So I'm with you on that, Camille.
Laurentius is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:11 PM   #49
John Bull
Valued Poster

HDH = High Dollar Hottie Therefore, it's the High Dollar that determines her membership in the sorority. If one pays that fee, one is likely to expect the Heat quotient to be relatively higher and the services more inclusive. Whether that works out to be the case in real life is open to discussion.

I've seen many ladies websites that were nothing more than "membership" moneymakers for the lady. In many of those cases, the push for memberships is so hard that it makes me wonder if the lady is really an HDH or merely a corporation scamming the hobbyists for a weekly or monthly income via the website. In any case, I continue my search to websites more concerned with selling me the ladies time than a website membership.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:27 PM   #50
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Bull View Post
HDH = High Dollar Hottie Therefore, it's the High Dollar that determines her membership in the sorority.
In the early days of HDH on ASPD (circa the late 1990's) there was considerable discussion of this definition. Originally the consensus was either a high hourly rate or a lady who had a high minimum number of hours for a date. Either combination produced a total tab that was "high dollar" when compared to the typical hourly rates then existent. Later, there was a period where the definition seemed to gravitate more towards a high rate and a high minimum hours. But I don't think this later approach ever gained broad acceptance.
Old 09-06-2010, 01:31 PM   #51
discreetgent
Valued Poster

Location: Even with a gorgeous avatar: Happiness is ephemeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjorourke View Post
So I guess we should regard you as an expert then.
See Camille, PJ still has it
discreetgent is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:41 PM   #52
John Bull
Valued Poster

Although I didn't frequent the HDH forum a lot, I do remember discussions along those lines, PJ.
John Bull is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:42 PM   #53
Guest053011
Account Disabled

User ID: 4424

The glory days of the HDH never existed, and thus it cannot be over.

HDH ladies are a small group who have gotten lucky. They have existed as long as prostitution has. They are a niche group that is now visible because these women get websites.

Either they have great careers, are born to money or have stability through committed patrons. They don't need new dates, but can afford to maintain their website, photos, and advertising out of pocket. So if a lady with high rates gets just a couple of dates a year - it's worth it. It pays back the investment and she walks away with profit. If she makes one new regular visitor - then it becomes worth the invested time.

Many put HDH websites up, few last. When a rough economy hits, the successful ones can persevere and wait it out.

There will always be women who can charge exaggerated sums or have long minimum hours (or both) because there will always be men who can afford it and enjoy it. As long as the lady can maintain advertising, a web presence and can support herself and take only a few dates a year, then she can maintain HDH minimum standards.

Reviews are a pathetic way to really get a pulse on the industry. They are a loud group, but they are small. There are many experiences between men and women that never make TER, there are many more ladies and gentlemen involved then there are memberships on that website. Frankly the people who get heavily into the review culture are more interested in the sense of power and acknowledgment it gives them. I would argue that the demographic who is likely to post naturally finds women in their 20s the most desirable. I have always found the ladies of leisure in their 30s and early 40s are by far the most economically successful. The people to post reviews are naturally the ones to find 20 year olds hot - if your 50 and you just bedded a beautiful young thing you might want to find a forum to brag about it. However there are many men who do not review, and many of them are uncomfortable with a woman with too large an age difference.

There are women as attractive and talented in bed as I am who charge much less. Rates are not a reflection of beauty, personality or sexual thrill. I maintain them because I can afford to and because I adore long term engagements and the gentlemen who can afford my minimum are in a position to follow their desires. It's target marketing (smile to WTF).

The gentlemen who book higher rates can afford it. Whether it's $200 or $2,000 makes absolutely no difference to them. They are willing to pay because they want to see that specific person.
Guest053011 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:25 PM   #54
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by discreetgent View Post
See Camille, PJ still has it
And just when I thought he might be losing momentum

xxxx
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 02:27 PM   #55
Camille
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 511
My ECCIE Reviews

So in short, HDH is different things to different men, no?
That is the beauty of choice

C xx
Camille is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:34 PM   #56
pjorourke
Valued Poster

Quote:
And just when I thought he might be losing momentum

xxxx
I'm hurt you doubted me.
Old 09-06-2010, 03:37 PM   #57
guest060911
Account Disabled

User ID: 31950

Well, it seems there are different opinions on what constitutes a HDH, which can be a good thing. And whatever the definition or views along its wide spectrum, I really like how the Pearl Elite ladies present themselves and their standards noted on the "about" and "membership" pages. It's good to have high standards.
http://www.pearleliteindependents.com/about.php

Of course I appreciate other lovely ladies I see post on this forum. I enjoy the diversity on several levels.

And while I am not an expert, I agree with Lauren that ladies who charge extremely high rates most likely come from money, have an additional source of income or are able to live comfortably without new gentlemen friends, because they are not getting high volume calls with those rates. From my experience charging more than the average in Minneapolis, the more you charge, the more business slows. Of course the income you make on one date makes up for not having high volume, in some cases.

Also, there are gorgeous women in all income levels of companionship. And some of the ladies who charge more would not be able to do so if they didn’t have an additional source of income. They would be charging $300/hr like the masses, because, for the most part, it is not extraordinary beauty that sustains them. If that were the case, well…um...several of us who actually have stunning facial features like models would be charging an arm and a leg.

Anyway, it's great that there are all sorts of gentlemen and ladies out there to keep us occupied. And I appreciate that I feel comfortable posting on this thread. I did not feel comfortable posting on the old ASPD HDH forum. I was a lurker from late 2008 until it died.

This new board feels inclusive. Thank you.

Fondly,
Giamarie
guest060911 is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:26 PM   #58
atlcomedy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiamarieLynn View Post
. If that were the case, well…um...several of us who actually have stunning facial features like models would be charging an arm and a leg.
Not aimed at anyone in specific but if you really were an elite model, I'd see you walking the runway not on your knees or on your back....
atlcomedy is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:43 PM   #59
Clerkenwell
Gaining Momentum

Quote:
That is the beauty of choice

C xx
...or choice between beauty in various forms. The trouble is that those possessing the ticket price sufficient to exercise that choice are unlikely to get jobs as Clark Gable lookalikes. The transaction distorts the judgement.
Clerkenwell is offline   Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:50 PM   #60
guest060911
Account Disabled

User ID: 31950

Quote:
Originally Posted by atlcomedy View Post
Not aimed at anyone in specific but if you really were an elite model, I'd see you walking the runway not on your knees or on your back....
Just to clarify, I didn't say anything about someone being an "elite model", I said there are some women who have amazingly beautiful facial features behind the blur or crop, and their beauty cannot be denied. That was my point. And also you can have beautiful facial features, but if you are not tall enough or you don't have the right body type, you cannot walk the runway. It's not all black and white...I hope that makes sense now. Xoxo.
guest060911 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women