Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Diamonds and Tuxedos
Diamonds and Tuxedos Glamour, elegance, and sophistication. That's what it's all about here in ECCIE's newest forum which caters to those with expensive tastes, lavish lifestyles, and an appetite for upscale entertainment.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 09-02-2012, 06:10 PM   #1
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

User ID: 59709
Default "Is Sex necessary for your health?" - Slavoj Zizek

Hello Ladies, Hello Gents!

I find this article to be noteworthy for discussion

"What's the Big Idea?

Hey, did you know that sex improves your self-esteem? It's also linked to increased bladder control, reduced depression, fewer colds, pain-relief from the rush of oxytocin that precedes orgasm, better teeth (seminal plasma contains zinc; who knew?), and "a happier prostate." Plus, it burns calories.

Today we're advised to orgasm guiltlessly and often, because sex is not just good, it's good for you. One recent study found that men who reported the highest frequency of orgasm over a ten year period had half the death rate of those who climaxed less frequently -- leading Forbes to ask eagerly, "Is sex necessary?"

"Who cares?" says Slavoj Žižek. These days, there's nothing less daring or less satisfying than being a hedonist, the Lacanian philosopher told Big Think in a recent interview. Watch the video:"

http://bigthink.com/postcards-from-z...-your-health-2
NinaBrooke is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 10:42 AM   #2
TheAntichrist666
The FOX Hunter

Encounters: 118

I agree wholeheartedly ( :
TheAntichrist666 is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:52 AM   #3
*GoddessDallas*
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35145

Nice to be held and have that imtimate connection with a man...I agree.
Thanks♥
*GoddessDallas* is offline   Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 10:53 AM   #4
*GoddessDallas*
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 35145

I also love your "pussy at the end of a long pole" avatar, Nina. (:
*GoddessDallas* is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 02:07 PM   #5
elvis49
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 9
Default healthy sex

all I know is that it sure keeps my coat shiny !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
elvis49 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 06:40 PM   #6
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Splooge does the body good.
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Malcolm1357
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Good both physically and mentally. I think people whom get laid on a semi regular basis are probably better off than most in both body and spirit, IMHO.
Malcolm1357 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:38 PM   #8
Ms. Athena
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 78702
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Seduce the mind and the body will follow.......As your mind is your biggest sexual organ you need the whole Mind Fuck experience to achieve total fulfillment through both mental and physical sexual stimuli..................Yum
Ms. Athena is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:40 PM   #9
Malcolm1357
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I like the way you think Ms Athena, and I totally agree.
Malcolm1357 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 PM   #10
DallasRain
HELL's bell ringer!!

User ID: 3067
Location: Based in Missouri AND coming to play in your town soon!!!
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

awesome post!

I agree 100%.......sensual sex is so mind blowing! I crave sex in many forms!
DallasRain is offline   Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 01:52 PM   #11
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

I agree with all you guys said, but there is also an implicit message in that article that has not yet been discussed.

It is about "using" the code of sexual dynamics for purposes of other needs. In our society there is still this implicit code that sex is only "good" when it is "used" in a certain way, which means, there are certain regulations and codes towards how sex shall be perceived, which sex is "good" sex, which sex is "bad" sex, and how often and what "techniques" shall apply.

I think it shows a certain sex negativity there.
I present a research here by one of my most famous portuguese researchers, who will show what I mean.
Sex does not serve as a meaning by itself, it gets "standardised" into set values and only if you "do it right" or - as we see here - for the "right purpose" then it`s good sex.
Which brings me to my most loved word - heteronormative - sexual values, which are per se "sex negative"

research follows- let me know what you guys think - Orgasmic puppeteering: Sex and Sexuality in portuguese womens and men`s magazines:
Although the research is focused on portugal, I think it is not so far away from USA or other parts of westernized culture, so I brought it here for discussion. It questions the dogma of "performance" and "sexual failure" or "sexual purpose" we have in our sex-negative culture. Message seems to be "if you just do it the right way and for the right pour pose then all your relationship problems - or even health problems - are solved and obsolete"
It`s lovely to watch:

http://prezi.com/npbka_ceyaaw/orgasm...ens-magazines/
Old 11-24-2012, 09:14 PM   #12
ClairJordan
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 47636
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Of course it is!

Nuff said!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninasastri View Post
Hello Ladies, Hello Gents!

I find this article to be noteworthy for discussion

"What's the Big Idea?

Hey, did you know that sex improves your self-esteem? It's also linked to increased bladder control, reduced depression, fewer colds, pain-relief from the rush of oxytocin that precedes orgasm, better teeth (seminal plasma contains zinc; who knew?), and "a happier prostate." Plus, it burns calories.

Today we're advised to orgasm guiltlessly and often, because sex is not just good, it's good for you. One recent study found that men who reported the highest frequency of orgasm over a ten year period had half the death rate of those who climaxed less frequently -- leading Forbes to ask eagerly, "Is sex necessary?"

"Who cares?" says Slavoj Žižek. These days, there's nothing less daring or less satisfying than being a hedonist, the Lacanian philosopher told Big Think in a recent interview. Watch the video:"

http://bigthink.com/postcards-from-z...-your-health-2
ClairJordan is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 07:09 PM   #13
mikkifine
Account Disabled

User ID: 1641
My ECCIE Reviews

Sex is healthy. You can always tell the difference between a woman who is getting laid regularly and a woman who is a prude.

The woman who is having sex often looks younger than the woman has lost interest in sex.
mikkifine is offline   Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 10:19 PM   #14
essence
Valued Poster

I agree with everything but....

not sure about the causality. I think this is probably another example of poor use of statistics, or invalid statistical methods.

Does sex reduce heart attacks? Does sex make people happier and smile more? Does sex make you look younger? Does sex prevent colds?

Or do attractive, young looking, healthy, fit, happy and contented people have more sex?

It may be an orgasmic virtuous spiral.

The healthier and happier you are the more you have sex, which makes you healthy and happy.
essence is offline   Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 06:01 PM   #15
NinaBrooke
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by essence View Post
I agree with everything but....

not sure about the causality. I think this is probably another example of poor use of statistics, or invalid statistical methods.

Does sex reduce heart attacks? Does sex make people happier and smile more? Does sex make you look younger? Does sex prevent colds?

Or do attractive, young looking, healthy, fit, happy and contented people have more sex?

It may be an orgasmic virtuous spiral.

The healthier and happier you are the more you have sex, which makes you healthy and happy.
Exactly, did you read my post with the "orgasmic puppeteering" ? a few posts back... I think you`d like it

Zizek actually makes it a theme that these statistics and codes do not portray the status quo but rather a social code and such. Which statistics usually or oftentimes do in sociological contexts, where they are less than accurate. Or the outcome can only be relied on within certain strict and narrow contexts (not in such wide statements posted above)

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women