Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160479
Yssup Rider59902
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47509
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35317
Mojojo33117

Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #121
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ7 View Post
In did no such thing ... rather than lie, quote me.
Quote:
To the extent that the church functions as a lobbyist, rather than itself clothing the naked, feeding the hungry and performing the other traditional acts of charity, the church loses a rich source of its own spiritual nourishment. This has, in turn, led to a secularizing of the social assistance systems (schools, hospitals, orphanages, health clinics). This development minimizes the moral influence of religious mediating institutions which are so critical in helping to stabilize troubled families.”
I recently interviewed a parish nurse who had been featured in the Oakland Diocese Newspaper. She had attended a parish nurse training program in her former state of Wisconsin but could not find a position there. She later moved to her current location and recently found acceptance as a Parish Nurse in her own parish in Antioch, California.
She shared her enthusiasm for her work in a community consisting in large part of recent immigrant parishioners of low income and somewhat poor health and nutrition. Her parish and Pastor are well recognized for partnership activities with a community organizing group entitled Contra Costa Interfaith supporting Community Organization - CCISCO which is itself a partner with a statewide community organizing lobby group called PICO - Pacific Institute for Community Organizing. These groups along with SEIU and the California Nurses as well as Planned Parenthood, have spearheaded lobby days in Sacramento to advance the cause of universal health care.
I asked this Parish Nurse if she refers parishioners to the Healthy Families program? She said yes. She, further, affirmed that referrals to Planned Parenthood were also included in those references. I then asked her why a Catholic Church would be referring its parishioners to an organization that promoted abortion and family planning which are in opposition to the Catholic Faith teaching? At that point her whole demeanor changed. She stated that she merely made referrals to those agencies most appropriate for type of service needed by the parishioner. It was not her responsibility as to what services the parishioner actually accepted.
Several years ago a parish in Concord, California, also within the Oakland Diocese provided assistance to the county health department in the refurbishing of an old van to be used as a mobile medical services van for residents of the Monument Corridor. This area is heavily populated with legal and illegal residents. Members of the Concord Parish saw this van as a way to obtain needed health services unobtainable any other way. This Van parked at a local shopping center and at various neighborhood grade schools to deliver health care and referrals. People volunteered to drive patients to referral sites if necessary. Planned Parenthood was one of the referral organizations.
When I inquired about the morality of a Catholic Parish facilitating its parishioners attendance at abortion and family planning programs I was told that providing services to needy people was the first and foremost concern. Abortion was not their problem.
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=109

Quote:
it just justifys the hypocracy of the Catholic Church being indirectly associated with BC while knowingly taking people to abortion clinics. ON YAXPAYER $ no less ... wheres the rage oh ye of conservative faith?

BTW ... I didnt write anything ,,, the wording was Provided by an article published by none other than THE PARISH NURSE.
http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...&postcount=112
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #122
CJ7
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Thanks IB I was wondering what Crazy CJ was jabbering about. I have never seen a poster with such dis-combobulated thoughts.....

do keep up whirl .. posted yesterday.

To the extent that the church functions as a lobbyist, rather than itself clothing the naked, feeding the hungry and performing the other traditional acts of charity, the church loses a rich source of its own spiritual nourishment. This has, in turn, led to a secularizing of the social assistance systems (schools, hospitals, orphanages, health clinics). This development minimizes the moral influence of religious mediating institutions which are so critical in helping to stabilize troubled families.”
I recently interviewed a parish nurse who had been featured in the Oakland Diocese Newspaper. She had attended a parish nurse training program in her former state of Wisconsin but could not find a position there. She later moved to her current location and recently found acceptance as a Parish Nurse in her own parish in Antioch, California.
She shared her enthusiasm for her work in a community consisting in large part of recent immigrant parishioners of low income and somewhat poor health and nutrition. Her parish and Pastor are well recognized for partnership activities with a community organizing group entitled Contra Costa Interfaith supporting Community Organization - CCISCO which is itself a partner with a statewide community organizing lobby group called PICO - Pacific Institute for Community Organizing. These groups along with SEIU and the California Nurses as well as Planned Parenthood, have spearheaded lobby days in Sacramento to advance the cause of universal health care.
I asked this Parish Nurse if she refers parishioners to the Healthy Families program? She said yes. She, further, affirmed that referrals to Planned Parenthood were also included in those references. I then asked her why a Catholic Church would be referring its parishioners to an organization that promoted abortion and family planning which are in opposition to the Catholic Faith teaching? At that point her whole demeanor changed. She stated that she merely made referrals to those agencies most appropriate for type of service needed by the parishioner. It was not her responsibility as to what services the parishioner actually accepted.
Several years ago a parish in Concord, California, also within the Oakland Diocese provided assistance to the county health department in the refurbishing of an old van to be used as a mobile medical services van for residents of the Monument Corridor. This area is heavily populated with legal and illegal residents. Members of the Concord Parish saw this van as a way to obtain needed health services unobtainable any other way. This Van parked at a local shopping center and at various neighborhood grade schools to deliver health care and referrals. People volunteered to drive patients to referral sites if necessary. Planned Parenthood was one of the referral organizations.
When I inquired about the morality of a Catholic Parish facilitating its parishioners attendance at abortion and family planning programs I was told that providing services to needy people was the first and foremost concern. Abortion was not their problem.
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:05 PM   #123
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
You are advocating that others pay for services that they have a legitimate religious objection to. Nothing dumb about religious and conscientious freedom.
Yes

Quote:
And your rights end at your nose. So don't mandate that others pay for it.
My uterus in on the Olivia side of my nose. Stay out of it.

Quote:
Again, nothing dumb about asserting the First Amendment and religious rights attached.
And women that don't agree with you are asserting ours.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:12 PM   #124
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Just don't ask the religious objectors to pay.
I have friends who are Mennonites and could say the same thing about the military spending that part of their taxes is used for.

The slippery slope argument about prenatal testing is a scare tactic. Parents have a right to know what kinds of issues their future child may have so that they can better prepare to take care of them. Some may choose abortion, but medical ethics (there's a word politicians know little about) would be enough to prevent the abortion rage that you predict. Some abortions will happen, but it won't be the culling that you infer.

An abortion is a very difficult decision to make and one that a person will live with, it isn't like buying a candy bar out of a snack machine.

Others have also pointed out the multiple non-contraceptive uses of birth control pills. I have 2 sisters that will be on the pill for a long time due to the severity of their menstrual cycle and the pain they would otherwise endure. To them, it's hormone therapy.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM   #125
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Default No you don't.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomidis View Post
I have friends who are Mennonites and could say the same thing about the military spending that part of their taxes is used for.

The slippery slope argument about prenatal testing is a scare tactic. Parents have a right to know what kinds of issues their future child may have so that they can better prepare to take care of them. Some may choose abortion, but medical ethics (there's a word politicians know little about) would be enough to prevent the abortion rage that you predict. Some abortions will happen, but it won't be the culling that you infer.

An abortion is a very difficult decision to make and one that a person will live with, it isn't like buying a candy bar out of a snack machine.

Others have also pointed out the multiple non-contraceptive uses of birth control pills. I have 2 sisters that will be on the pill for a long time due to the severity of their menstrual cycle and the pain they would otherwise endure. To them, it's hormone therapy.
It's not "unconstitutional" for the government to spend for defense. Providing for the defense of this nation is one of the constitutional requirements imposed on government.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:19 PM   #126
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Ok. It is clear you don't care about carving out any religious conscience objections to Obamacare. But don't expect the rest of us to pay.

It will be litigated and the SCOTUS will rule in favor the the churches and the First Ammendment.
Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:20 PM   #127
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

+1.

And religious and conscientious freedom is another right protected under the Constituion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
It's not "unconstitutional" for the government to spend for defense. Providing for the defense of this nation is one of the constitutional requirements imposed on government.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:22 PM   #128
CJ7
Valued Poster

First, I said abortion clinics .. not PP

the artiicle referenced PP as a clinic that PROMOTES abortions and family planning.

ya know IB, youre undoubtedly one of the most childish, pathetic personalities Ive ever seen on a message board. Your skewed opinions and word twisting fools no one other than yourself and, simpletons like you. Too bad you use your intelligence to discredit yourself, not credit yourself.

Following me around twisting my words, and taking scool yard jabs doesnt bother me in the least, but it does suit you well.

carry on
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM   #129
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Not that simple when you are asking others to pay for services that they have a religious objection to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post

My uterus in on the Olivia side of my nose. Stay out of it.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:30 PM   #130
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Not that simple when you are asking others to pay for services that they have a religious objection to.

Let me be blunt. Tough Shit. The world's grown up and you and people like you are still chasing ideals from a bygone era. Dogmatic and religious fanatics like you already lost whether you like it or know it.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:32 PM   #131
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
You are advocating that others pay for services that they have a legitimate religious objection to. Nothing dumb about religious and conscientious freedom.

And your rights end at your nose. So don't mandate that others pay for it.

Again, nothing dumb about asserting the First Amendment and religious rights attached.
We all pay for shit we object to.

Many do not care for wars but we pay for them or at least used to before GWBII figured out that was the proper time for tax cuts.

If that is you litmus tests, be fair with it. Nobody will ever have to pay for anything we all do not agree to.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:36 PM   #132
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Let me be blunt. People like you want a free ride; you want others to pay for free stuff for you, regadless of legitmate religious objections. You are a self centered free loader who professes some idea of enlightenment but stripped away you are just another hustle looking for a hand out.

Well, the good news (bad news for you) is that the First Ammendment protects those of us who don't want to pay for your free shit. You want it, pay for it yourself. And I have no doubt that that is how the SCOTUS will decide, if and when it gets the case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
Let me be blunt. Tough Shit. The world's grown up and you and people like you are still chasing ideals from a bygone era. Dogmatic and religious fanatics like you already lost whether you like it or know it.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:37 PM   #133
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Shit just saw this.

The constitution calls for the defense of this country.

Not bribing every other nation in the world to open a military base in it.

Not to go starting wars.

Not to start a military action and not call it a war...

We are so far from the intent of the founding fathers in this regard.

Ya'll never seem to talk about their intent there.

We all object to how the money is spent.

Why should the rehligious fanatics get to be first in line on how the money is spent?

That is the question.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 01:38 PM   #134
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
First, I said abortion clinics .. not PP

the artiicle referenced PP as a clinic that PROMOTES abortions and family planning.
You claimed Catholics take women to abortion clinics. The only example you have posted to support your claim tells a story about how women (some who are Catholic) are transported to Planned Parenthood clinics. You cannot repudiate that fact, so that makes you the liar.
Quote:
youre undoubtedly one of the most childish, pathetic personalities Ive ever seen on a message board. Your skewed opinions and word twisting fools no one other than yourself and, simpletons like you. Too bad you use your intelligence to discredit yourself, not credit yourself.

Following me around twisting my words, and taking scool yard jabs doesnt bother me in the least, but it does suit you well.
Look in the mirror you hypocrite. It's your MO you are criticizing.

Quote:
carry on
Again, you are not in charge of anything.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:43 PM   #135
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Shit just saw this.

The constitution calls for the defense of this country.

Not bribing every other nation in the world to open a military base in it.

Not to go starting wars.

Not to start a military action and not call it a war...

We are so far from the intent of the founding fathers in this regard.

Ya'll never seem to talk about their intent there.

We all object to how the money is spent.

Why should the rehligious fanatics get to be first in line on how the money is spent?

That is the question.
Nothing you have here written delegitimizes the government's constitutional obligation to provide for the defense of this nation.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women