Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 247
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160460
Yssup Rider59887
gman4452915
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47499
pyramider46370
bambino40306
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35300
Mojojo33117

Old 02-01-2012, 09:38 AM   #16
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Most recent polling shows Obama vs. Romney in a national electon to be statistically tied.

Not a good sign for a sitting president, running against a 1% er like Romney, especially with an improving economy, an Arizona governor who wags her finger, the smart independent voters, and all the other laughable reasons that Obamazombies cite.

I would have thought Obama would be up by alot more.

tick, tick, tick............Obama clock counting down.
Are you serious? Given the state of the economy and the unemployment rate, Obama should be down 10 points to a chimpanzee.

We'll see. Long way to go, Obama has got a lot of money to spend, is a hell of a lot better campaigner than Romney is, and Romney will be battered and bruised by the end of the primary process.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:53 AM   #17
Boltfan

Encounters: 29

I love watching the self-proclaimed 40%ers arguing about what they think the 20%ers will do. You are 40%ers for a reason, you have very little ability to see past your own party myopia.

There are so many things that could happen between now and then. A third party could come in a fuck it up for either side. Green/Libertarian, etc. could sway the election more than anything else.

You people are hilarious thinking actions now will matter in November. History as shown they never do. Where was Obama again on February 1st 2007? Still not considered the front runner. Santorum was correct, wait a week and see what happens.

You people act like choices are a bad thing. I would love to see 4 candidates go for a bit longer. Makes it interesting. Not like anything is going to get done with the two party system we have in place now anyways. 2 years of all dems, blame the fact that there was no Supermajority. Republicans did the same thing, blamed it on not having a supermajority in the Senate.

Nothing will ever get done there in good ole Washington, but at least the sheeple/mob can be entertained a bit longer. Gladiators in the Coliseum or Political Opponents slinging mud, not much difference to the mob.
Boltfan is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:27 AM   #18
Guest022315
Account Disabled

Encounters: 37

I have already ordered my celebration tshirts for another 4 years of President Obama. Ask John Kerry what it is like when the base motivation is based upon hate for the opposition candidate and not love for the part candidate. Boltfan lets bet and since we know each other lets do a providers bet. If your guy wins I will pay for a 1 hour session of the provider of your choice and vice versa.
Guest022315 is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:38 AM   #19
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Obama is working the electorate well. Hunters and other gun owners don’t like him because he is pro-gun control and “Fast and Furious” looks like a crass, backdoor ploy to enact more gun regulation. Obama has alienated the Jewish vote with his non-support for Israel. Obama is alienating the Catholic vote with his pro-birth control legislation. Finally, there are the Evangelicals who have never liked him because of his pro-abortion and pro-gay rights stance. And there is the lethargic job market to consider. Yeah, things are shaping up nicely for Obama.
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 10:50 AM   #20
Boltfan

Well that would be a gimme for you thatdude. My candidate is not Republican nor democrat. I am libertarian and there is a snowball's chance in hell we will win.

Show me a small government, pro-decriminalization of the "sin" laws, true self defense candidate and I will show you who I would vote for in 2012 (or any election for that matter).
Old 02-01-2012, 10:54 AM   #21
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by I B Hankering View Post
Obama is working the electorate well. Hunters and other gun owners don’t like him because he is pro-gun control and “Fast and Furious” looks like a crass, backdoor ploy to enact more gun regulation. Obama has alienated the Jewish vote with his non-support for Israel. Obama is alienating the Catholic vote with his pro-birth control legislation. Finally, there are the Evangelicals who have never liked him because of his pro-abortion and pro-gay rights stance. And there is the lethargic job market to consider. Yeah, things are shaping up nicely for Obama.
Setting aside the factual fallacies in your post, for instance the issue of whose been responsible for more gun control legislation (go try to buy a gun in Massachusetts and then thank Gov. Romney when you can't), the problem with your analysis is that the policy positions you describe were the same ones Obama had in 2008 when he trounced the GOP nominee. The one exception might be the Jews but if you think they're voting for Romney/Gingrich/Santorum, I've got a bridge I want to sell you.

It's the economy, you're right about that.... It almost always is, and in a regular election year with regular candidates, Obama would be in serious trouble. Your problem is that your candidates are all fanatical doofuses who want to do shit like colonize the moon. Even your own base doesn't like Romney. And you think independents will? Good luck.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:57 AM   #22
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
Well that would be a gimme for you thatdude. My candidate is not Republican nor democrat. I am libertarian and there is a snowball's chance in hell we will win.

Show me a small government, pro-decriminalization of the "sin" laws, true self defense candidate and I will show you who I would vote for in 2012 (or any election for that matter).
We'll count that one as a vote for Obama. I admire your principled stand on the issues and hope there are tens or hundreds of thousands of more conservabots like you who refuse to buckle under and vote for a candidate like Romney who actually has a chance to win.
Old 02-01-2012, 11:31 AM   #23
Boltfan

Considering I live in Texas and States elect candidates winner take all my vote really isn't a vote for Obama. For someone who rips on others for not posting facts you sure are full of falsehoods yourself.

Nice to know your standards for conservabots.

I am for de-criminalization of the drug trade.
I am for the de-criminalization of the sex trade
I am for smaller defense
I am for getting our nose out of Europe, Korea, Japan, etc. with our military

But I am a conservabot?

What a fucking idiot you are. Myopia at it's finest.

Are the people who vote for the Green Party candidate conservabots too? What kind of fucked up broad definitions do you actually have?
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #24
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boltfan View Post
...I am libertarian and there is a snowball's chance in hell we will win.

Hear, hear!

Obama is obviously a failure, as everyone who isn't a blind partisan Kool-Aid drinker can plainly see. It's all politics, all the time. He clearly has no intention of making any tough decisions. It's so much easier to pay off favored constituencies with limitless quantities of borrowed and printed money.

Romney is a serving of very weak tea, when what's needed is a strong cup of espresso. I'm afraid he would simply begin running for re-election soon after inauguration, just like Obama did. Politics as usual won't do anymore. We need someone willing to step on toes and break some china.

As a nation, we're adrift with no leadership. Someone needs to rise to the occasion and begin actually fixing things in myriad ways.

Sadly, I just don't see that happening any time soon. Are we like an alcoholic who has to finally hit bottom before seeking treatment?
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:35 AM   #25
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Conservabots? No. Free thinkers? Yes. Lovers of Liberty? Yes. My Libertarian vote will not take a vote away from anyone. First, because Kansas will go for Romney no matter what I do, so it is a non-issue. My vote won't count if I vote for Obama. Romney wins Kansas. It's over already here. Secondly, I would not vote for Romney - EVER! He is just as opposed to liberty as Obama is. There really isn't much difference between the two when you scrape away the campaign lies. Thirdly, I love myself, and I would never ask myself to vote for my own imprisonment. Finally, I want to be true to my beliefs, and not sell out for the sake of "The Party."

A vote for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul is not a wasted vote. It will support a potentially viable third party, and register as a vote against the Democrats AND Republicans.

I don't care who wins between Obama and Romney. It won't make any difference.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Besides not being able to spell Krauthammer some people don't understand the ins and outs of politics when it comes to polling. Yes, when you have two candidates "tied" in the polls it is very bad for the incumbent. History shows that the undecided break in large numbers for the challenger in those cases.
Current events are not as being protrayed by some here. Europe still hangs under the threat of recession or depression. Greece is still on the edge of failure after we advanced money to save them (another Solyndra?). The CBO has came out and said that real unemployment is 9.9% and that doesn't count under employment. The CBO has also said that GDP will grow about 2% the next year (China is over 9%) and only 1% in 2013.
In the last 3 years more workers have joined the job market than workers have left (and gone on unemployment or retired). There are fewer jobs than when Obama took office. Mathematically it is impossible for Obama to make his claims of job increases but make them he does. It is called lying. Now some of you "act" scandalized when a lie is called a lie but there you go again.
There are still over 1100 delegates to be chosen over the next four months. Not every candidate is on each states ballot. Our election process is a 50 state process and not one national election. Going state by state and you can see how much trouble Obama is in. Six states that Obama carried are solidly against him now. Eight others lean away from Obama. We may even have to start talking about a landslide against Obama. Obama recently has taken actions against churches and their leaders are calling their members out against Obama. You probably haven't heard about that on MSNBC or CNN.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #27
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default LOL

Barleycorn/Deacon/Galt;

A 1% in terms of base intelligence and intellect.

Don't pray in my school and I won't think in your church.

Democrats are sexy. You never say you had a great piece of elephant.

Just another dose of whine John.

Don't like government, move to Somalia
catnipdipper is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #28
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

LOL! Catnip! Look at what Congress and the President are doing. You could say Somalia is moving here!
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 12:40 PM   #29
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by catnipdipper View Post
...Don't like government, move to Somalia
I like government just fine. What I really, really, don't like is bad government, or irresponsible government. You know, the type that tells everyone they can have all the goodies they want: Tax cuts for everyone, corporate welfare, lavish benefits, juicy public-sector pensions, free health care, etc.

"You can have all the ice cream you want. The fat kid down the street will eat your broccoli for you!"
Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 01:24 PM   #30
catnipdipper
Valued Poster

Default Geez

Galt/Barleycorn/Deacon watches Charles Sourkrauthammer.

The most bitter man on television. Course if you broke you neck diving into the pool and were paralyzed you would likely be a sour asshole too.
catnipdipper is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women