Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160186
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452823
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47410
pyramider46370
bambino40247
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 12-05-2017, 06:14 AM   #1
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288
Default Email Scam.. Best Response?

so I got an email from a long-time family friend yesterday.. had not heard from him in 7 years, probably, he is now 82 years old (can't confirm he is still alive).. the email was odd.. it asked for a "quick favor".. I messaged back with a couple of family details over the past 7 years, and said I might could help.

response back showed it is a clear fraud.. I noticed his last name had an extra "R", otherwise the email address was accurate.. he did not reference anything I had written, and said he was "stuck in the Philippines" and needed $2,000, would pay me back, of course.

I had this happen a few years ago, local friend was "stuck in London", needed cash.. I called her up, several others had got the same email, her account had been hacked.

I am going to play along, pretend I don't know it's a scam, and get the address to send money to.. is there a way to report the fraud so it gets investigated, and the Perp can be caught? anyone else play along with a fake email like this? what was the outcome?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2017, 06:23 AM   #2
Chung Tran
BANNED

I just sent a reply.. I asked for the address and details, and said I want to send money.. I said "I always wanted to fuck (wife's name), we did engage in oral sex once, but I think she told you about that", LOL.. I said I owe you, so please send the details of where to send the cash.

I'll post any response I get.. I bet I get a copy-paste email with an address, and no response to anything else
Old 12-05-2017, 01:42 PM   #3
Chung Tran
BANNED

must be a low-level operation.. the Scammer just sent name and location, Manila, Philippines.. but the name is my friend's name, so he must have some kind of ID to pick up the money.. he wanted it Western Union, I replied that I sent $2,000, and gave a fake MTCN (identifier).

waiting on the next email where he bitches me out for giving a wrong number, LOL.. BTW, I never gave my name in any exchange, and the emails to me never addressed me by name.. you are supposed to give Western Union the name of the sender when you pick up cash, but I know not every location strictly enforces that.. Manila may not give a shit.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:27 PM   #4
bigwill832
Premium Access

Encounters: 32

You have to post some screen shots of him going off, if he replies again.
bigwill832 is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2017, 01:16 PM   #5
instfixer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4

The way to do it is to send $10 to a known friend via Western Union
Now to the scammer you use that MTCN number.
Just by typing in that number Western Union will verify that number has real money behind it. BUT WU will not verify the amount nor who the money is sent to..

Scammer will salavate when he discovers it is a 'valid' number except the WU office won't give him money. Then the scammer will make contact again OH you spelled the name wrong!, OH you sent the money to the wrong city etc etc see how many times you can get this sucker to go to the WU office
instfixer is offline   Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:33 PM   #6
Clark W. Griswold
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

I was going to suggest you mention a made up person that neither you of know. Sort of like "Hey, how's Maurice doing? I haven't talked to that guy in years!" and then if he responds as if Maurice is a real person then you know something's up. Sort of like that one scene in Terminator 2 LOL

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7uN4UlVq-k
Clark W. Griswold is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 09:04 AM   #7
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
I was going to suggest you mention a made up person that neither you of know. Sort of like "Hey, how's Maurice doing? I haven't talked to that guy in years!" and then if he responds as if Maurice is a real person then you know something's up.
I had done something similar (see below where I referenced in my original post).. I mentioned family of mine he knew, and his response back did not reference that, only the part where I might help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
I messaged back with a couple of family details over the past 7 years, and said I might could help.

he did not reference anything I had written
I have not heard more, since I emailed the fake MTCN digits.
Old 12-18-2017, 02:03 PM   #8
Inversion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16
Cool

Quote:
so I got an email from a long-time family friend yesterday.. had not heard from him in 7 years, probably, he is now 82 years old (can't confirm he is still alive).. the email was odd.. it asked for a "quick favor".. I messaged back with a couple of family details over the past 7 years, and said I might could help.

response back showed it is a clear fraud.. I noticed his last name had an extra "R", otherwise the email address was accurate.. he did not reference anything I had written, and said he was "stuck in the Philippines" and needed $2,000, would pay me back, of course.

I had this happen a few years ago, local friend was "stuck in London", needed cash.. I called her up, several others had got the same email, her account had been hacked.

I am going to play along, pretend I don't know it's a scam, and get the address to send money to.. is there a way to report the fraud so it gets investigated, and the Perp can be caught? anyone else play along with a fake email like this? what was the outcome?
Its ALWAYS Phillipines in these scams nowadays! Guess the Nigerian base get too Rich and too tired. Now they're all relaxing in Jamaica, with 5,000$ suits.
Inversion is offline   Quote
Old 12-18-2017, 02:48 PM   #9
normalguy21
Valued Poster

Encounters: 29
Smile

Quote:

I always just tell them the 100% truth and add some pictures and let them know since the war i dont really give a shit and at a moments notice i will devote everday of my life 24/7/365 to finding them and making a example out of them .

And i add some other threating shit and some real paper work and then i dare them to fuck with me .
I have to this day only have one stand there ground and he was from new jersey so i sent him a current sat photo of his car in the parking lot at his work and the bush i would wait by for him after work .

He called said sorry and he would call the police on me .

go figure .......
normalguy21 is offline   Quote
Old 12-19-2017, 07:15 PM   #10
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

imo ...

1) highlight the sender's name in your browser window so you will definitely know if it is a fake account or if the sender's account may have been hacked.

2) if you know it is a scam, mark and report it as spam to your email provider so you won't get further scam mails and so the scammer data will be shared among multiple email clients and thus hit other peeps spam folders.

3) responding usually marks you as a "mark" and you will just get more spam.

You can always google the addressee and see if others have reported anything.

ijs
ck1942 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women