Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70391
biomed160347
Yssup Rider59858
gman4452876
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47444
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37065
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35201
Mojojo33117

Old 12-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15
Default Gov Corzine, Show Us The Money

Well, it seems another Friend of the Presidents, (and Democrat glamor boy) has made a big mess of things, which would not seem too bad except there is about one Billion Dollars that no one can seem to find from his Bankrupt Company MF Global.

Congress will probably get him before a committee, where it is rumored he will take the "5th".

His defense will probably be, "what's a billion, hell, we, (the Democrats), are used to loosing trillions".
Jackie S is online now   Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 09:36 AM   #2
Iaintliein
Valued Poster

Encounters: 2

I'm guessing a fair bit of it, along with a fair bit of the slush fund set up by BP after the oil spill has miraculously found it's way into the coffers of the DNC, ACORN and Soros.
Iaintliein is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:48 PM   #3
Munchmasterman
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iaintliein View Post
I'm guessing a fair bit of it, along with a fair bit of the slush fund set up by BP after the oil spill has miraculously found it's way into the coffers of the DNC, ACORN and Soros.
It's obvious you are guessing. Since there is no ACORN anymore.
Somehow your guess, combined with the lack of any links, tells me you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.
Munchmasterman is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 12:59 PM   #4
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie S View Post
Well, it seems another Friend of the Presidents, (and Democrat glamor boy) has made a big mess of things, which would not seem too bad except there is about one Billion Dollars that no one can seem to find from his Bankrupt Company MF Global.

Congress will probably get him before a committee, where it is rumored he will take the "5th".

His defense will probably be, "what's a billion, hell, we, (the Democrats), are used to loosing trillions".

Yah all dems are money minded while all repubs troll in airport bathrooms.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 09:00 PM   #5
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchmasterman View Post
It's obvious you are guessing. Since there is no ACORN anymore.
Somehow your guess, combined with the lack of any links, tells me you don't have a fucking clue what you are talking about.
acorn is still around
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-03-2011, 10:39 PM   #6
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

No more ACORN. yea right. http://dailycaller.com/2011/09/16/re...axpayer-money/
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:33 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Corzine is shocked, SHOCKED that the money disappeared. He can't imagine what possibly could have happened. Lying sack of shit.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/mone...ing-funds.html

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:56 PM   #8
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31
Exclamation Tragedy

I have been reading the convoluted details about "Fuzzy" as he was known at Goldman-Sachs where he was CEO and it makes for high drama worthy of a Shakespeare tragedy.

However, his powerful arch-rival at Goldman was none other than Henry Paulson who engineered a coup while Corzine went on vacation and booted him out when Jon returned and took over as CEO. These guys are polite on the outside, but really vicious and cut-throat on the inside.

After that, Jon Corzine sat at home for 6 weeks plotting his return and that's when he decided to run for the Senate. A really ballzy move!

He won the election, but only after spending $63 million of his own money.

These rich people are different from you and I and they play hard ball in the major leagues for big money. Very big money.

. . . Frankly, I still do not know what to make of him, but there is no doubt that he fucked up big-time!

Fast Gunn is offline   Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #9
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
I have been reading the convoluted details about "Fuzzy" as he was known at Goldman-Sachs where he was CEO and it makes for high drama worthy of a Shakespeare tragedy.

However, his powerful arch-rival at Goldman was none other than Henry Paulson who engineered a coup while Corzine went on vacation and booted him out when Jon returned and took over as CEO. These guys are polite on the outside, but really vicious and cut-throat on the inside.

After that, Jon Corzine sat at home for 6 weeks plotting his return and that's when he decided to run for the Senate. A really ballzy move!

He won the election, but only after spending $63 million of his own money.

These rich people are different from you and I and they play hard ball in the major leagues for big money. Very big money.

. . . Frankly, I still do not know what to make of him, but there is no doubt that he fucked up big-time!

fortunately, he's no longer senator. his money didn't help stave off election defeat.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 07:52 AM   #10
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation House of Cards

In all fairness, MF Global was already in dire straits when Jon Corzine arrived and the firm desperately needed new cash flow.

Where Jon went wrong, terribly wrong, was in buying huge amounts of government debt from Italy, Spain, Belgium, Portugal and Ireland. Who in their right mind would invest there?

He then took out loans to buy these bonds.

Incurring debt to buy more debt does not make sense and then to invest in Europe now is insane, but he thought his gamble would pay off.

The interest on the loans was less than the yield on the bonds so on paper he was making substantial sums of money.

$47 million in one quarter and $38 million in an another.

Unfortunately, the whole scheme was a precarious house of cards built on shifting sand and only waiting for a gust of wind.

Old 12-09-2011, 08:09 AM   #11
waverunner234
Valued Poster

Encounters: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast Gunn View Post
In all fairness, MF Global was already in dire straits when Jon Corzine arrived and the firm desperately needed new cash flow.

Where Jon went wrong, terribly wrong, was in buying huge amounts of government debt from Italy, Spain, Belgium, Portugal and Ireland. Who in their right mind would invest there?

He then took out loans to buy these bonds.

Incurring debt to buy more debt does not make sense and then to invest in Europe now is insane, but he thought his gamble would pay off.

The interest on the loans was less than the yield on the bonds so on paper he was making substantial sums of money.

$47 million in one quarter and $38 million in an another.

Unfortunately, the whole scheme was a precarious house of cards built on shifting sand and only waiting for a gust of wind.

Hey, someone had to buy them. That's normal investors risk. All those bond auctions sold completely so obviously there was enough appetite for them.
And there still is, they have auctions every few days.

I don't know enough of this case to know where he went wrong but it is not just the buying of those bonds. There is insurance for default.
If I was into the bond market, I would buy them for sure. As long as the interest payments are higher than the borrowing interest + the insurance for defaulting (Credit Default Swaps or CDS) it is worth doing it.
The problems in those bonds are not the investors, the problem is the countries that cannot survive with interest payments above 7%.
waverunner234 is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:12 AM   #12
taggert
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

While its true, Corzine made poor decisions, the fact still remains that he's missing a whole lot of money that wasn't his to lose in the first place. You don't "misplace" that kind of money and not have a clue. He's just another elite-ist /politician who considers himself above the laws the rest of us live by.
taggert is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #13
Whirlaway
Account Disabled

Encounters: 28

Same Democrat (Corzine) who crafted Obama's failed $1T stimulus, bankrupted NJ taxpayers, and who Biden considered to be a financial genius

Whirlaway is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:36 AM   #14
taggert
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whirlaway View Post
Same Democrat (Corzine) who crafted Obama's failed $1T stimulus, bankrupted NJ taxpayers, and who Biden considered to be a financial genius

Well said!
taggert is offline   Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:28 AM   #15
Fast Gunn
Valued Poster

Exclamation Bad Buys

Quote:
Originally Posted by waverunner234 View Post
Hey, someone had to buy them. That's normal investors risk. All those bond auctions sold completely so obviously there was enough appetite for them.
And there still is, they have auctions every few days.
But why would a sane person purchase them?

Just because things are for sale does not mean that you should buy them.

They also used to have Gremlins and Pintos for sale, but would you buy them?

A wise man realizes that there are far more bad buys available out there than good ones.

Actually, the board of directors expressed their concern to Corzine, but he was too mule-headed to listen to their advice.

He was too much of a risk taker and in fact would not even wear his seat belt and suffered a near fatal car collision in 2006.

He may have come in to rescue MF Global, but personally, I would not trust someone so reckless to handle my money, especially in such a volatile market and then to invest in Europe when it's in such turmoil?

. . . I would say that this disregard for caution was probably one of the root causes of the dislike that Henry Paulson had for him.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women