Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Security Matters
Security Matters Personal security is of the utmost priority. Discussions regarding every aspect of personal security within the hobby can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47432
pyramider46370
bambino40283
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 10-13-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17
Default Want top level security?

Use a preconfigured USB drive for all of your hobbying needs. Private browsing, no history, encryption, use it in any computer and not leave a trace on the computer itself, scrub pictures, password vault, etc. Would this be useful to anyone?

I'm thinking about writing instructions on how to create one, just wondering if anybody would use it. (Be paranoid enough too use that much security)
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 03:03 PM   #2
plainjoe
Premium Access

Encounters: 100

It would be truly appreciated. If you do not mind, recommend having a version for Windows and a version for Mac systems. There are a few ladies that use Macs - some programs and/or process does not easily translate to the Mac.
plainjoe is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 04:26 PM   #3
Guest071313-5
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by plainjoe View Post
It would be truly appreciated. If you do not mind, recommend having a version for Windows and a version for Mac systems. There are a few ladies that use Macs - some programs and/or process does not easily translate to the Mac.
It would probably be easier, since its on a USB and could be used on any other computer, for the people that do use a Mac to install a version of Wine and be able to run windows programs on the Mac. I could do an additional part on how to install Wine on a Mac, that's no problem (just not as user friendly).
Guest071313-5 is offline   Quote
Old 10-14-2012, 06:17 AM   #4
jframe2
Valued Poster

There are several Non-install programs out there that do these things. I have been using them in my Operational Security in this world of ours for years.
Search for "portable software" or "non-install software" should bring up a decent list.
jframe2 is offline   Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 11:45 AM   #5
Miss_Puss007
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 140596
My ECCIE Reviews

could you suggest some reading material that I could bring myself up-to-date on these issues?

happy monday!
Miss_Puss007 is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 01:24 PM   #6
DesertRunner
Valued Poster

Go to portableapps.com. Everything you need to load up a usb is there.
DesertRunner is offline   Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 03:04 PM   #7
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

2 things to think about before using only a USB drive for your hobbying efforts.

1.) a USB is only as secure (and valuable in and of itself) if

1.a) you keep it properly encrypted and secured, and

1.b) keep a back-up copy somehow, somewhere, because even "flash memory only" USBs can become corrupted and thus unreadable.

Since USBs generally can be used only with a laptop or a computer and not necessarily with a handheld like an Android or a Tablet (possibly a double ended "mini" USB full USB cord combo could work with a phone or Tablet.... I haven't yet seen (or searched) for "mini" USB drives, but I know there are "adapters" out there that possibly could work in the above situation) be prepared to be without access to your data for significant periods.

2. ) Even though much of your data can be stored within the thumb drive, such as mail, spread sheets, documents, photos, etc., there is no way to conceal or safeguard any of your transmissions once they go out on the 'net. So, somewhere, there is obviously a record of all your email either via your own ISP (internet provider) or your email account provider, and, even if you are using Wi-Fi somewhere unless that is encrypted, entirely possibly (although not necessarily likely) those communications could be intercepted.

Nothing wrong with trying to be secure!

The most rudimentary precautions are usually forgotten by all of us at some time or another:

-- Password protecting your computer!

-- Shutting it down, or locking it when you walk away "for just a minute" or concealing the screen from others who might see it!

-- Having multiple accounts on your computer "just in case" someone else might need to use it.

ETCETERA.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 04:45 AM   #8
jframe2
Valued Poster

Two apps that are invaluable for this world of ours-
Here is a software that has proven very, very effective and is perfect for this world of ours.
I have been using in for my personal and private life for a couple of years now and it has never failed me.
FREE SafeHouse Explorer Encryption

PASSWORD PROTECT - MAKE FILES INVISIBLE
SafeHouse Explorer is FREE super-strong 256-bit encryption software for any hard drive or USB Flash memory stick. Total privacy with a familiar Windows Explorer-like interface.
  • Full version is 100% FREE to everyone.
  • Complete stand-alone privacy solution.
  • Can run directly from USB memory sticks.
  • Can create self-extracting encrypted vaults.
  • Incredibly easy to use, nothing to learn.
http://www.safehousesoftware.com

#2-
File Wiper
Delete files securely with this software!

Just right click on files or directories and select "Send to / Free File Wiper" to erase them completely!
Or ... you can drag & drop them on the trashcan to perform the wipe operation.

Files are overwritten with standard and random patterns (up to 7 overwrites).
To ensure maximum privacy also the filename is wiped before deletion.

After the wipe, the files cannot be undeleted and restored.

Up to four wipe methods (from 1 pass to 7 passes).

http://download.cnet.com/Free-File-W...-75447382.html

Information keeps us safe!
Old 11-09-2012, 01:02 PM   #9
ginainthemorning
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 77903
My ECCIE Reviews

If you do not engage in explicit talk through email, or phone, there is no need for this. Unless your a client who feels the need to post explicit reviews from his home IP address, and pays the review site by debit card as many hobbyist do.
ginainthemorning is offline   Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 01:12 AM   #10
awesometx
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

This guide is not provided for any illegal use or promote such use in anyway. I take no liability for any damages to any party who use this guide. Everything I write on this forum are my fantasies. Always Always use VPN( corporate level secure network). However, VPN providers can get in trouble for not providing information to 'asked' people. So you need to use out of country provider, and you need to use vpn provider who doesn't store user log in/log out i.p address information. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/ $39.95. then change your computer MAC-address by using http://www.technitium.com/tmac/index.html. Always run ESET or Kaspersky internet security software. Lastly not the least use Truecrypt or Hard drive encryption with at least 32 to 64 character password. Anything less than 32 character can be cracked with brute force attack. Don't use any words in dictionary for your password, and get used to ^#).>, numbers, and capital letters. Truecrypt is free. It is a great tool for usb drives
http://www.truecrypt.org/
Remember, Hard drive encryption is better, but it require $100/yearly software to support the drive. ex:WinMagic is one of very few companies that has software for hard drive encryption.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822168002 cost only $80 for Opal compliant hard drive encryption. software encryption(like truecrypt) is slower and less secure. It is less secure because of Cold boot attack (they come and take our laptop while keys are still present in RAM). The hard drive encryption does not store keys in RAM.. Anyhow, Make sure you use hidden drive and a decoy drive with aes+serpent+twofish if you still decide to go with less secure software encryption(truecrypt),
And before you do all this, wipe clean your drive using DoD 7 passes because Encryption protects you only from the day you start encryption. http://www.dban.org/ for deleting(technically rewriting) the old hard drive for free(open source)
Anything you've done on that computer prior to encryption will still be accessible using EnCase(forensic tool)
Again, there are many forensic software available- http://www.lostpassword.com/kit-forensic.htm - for decrypting Any 'software' encryption(true-crypt,Bitlocker ..etc).
awesometx is offline   Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 05:19 AM   #11
jframe2
Valued Poster

@awsometx- "Anything you've done on that computer prior to encryption will still be accessible using EnCase(forensic tool)
Again, there are many forensic software available- http://www.lostpassword.com/kit-forensic.htm - for decrypting Any 'software' encryption(true-crypt,Bitlocker ..etc)."

Your statement is not entirely correct. Encryption exists that EnCase wil lnot crack. But these programs are not cheap and are not commonly used in the Consumer market.

Information keeps us all safe.
Old 11-13-2012, 07:43 PM   #12
awesometx
Account Disabled

Encounters: 1

This guide is not provided for any illegal use or promote such use in anyway. I take no liability for any damages to any party who use this guide. Everything I write on this forum are my fantasies.

VPN service is not fool proof, and it can sometimes adversely affect your free speech. Read terms and conditions of each VPN service, and it is bad business for them to tell customers they are not really 'secure'. Many or majority of VPN 'connections' can cause identify theft because you're ' inside a secure network' of another people just like you who may be attackers. In some cases, you're far better of using ISP than using VPN service.

@jframe2
Work cited from Truecrypt "" On some types of storage media, when data is overwritten with other data, it may be possible to recover the overwritten data using techniques such as magnetic microscopy. This also applies to data that are overwritten with their encrypted form (which applies when Truecrypt initially encrypts an unencrypted partition or drive). According to some studies and governmental publications, recovery of overwritten data can be prevented ( or made very difficult) by overwriting the data with pseudorandom and certain non-random data a certain number of times. Therefore, if you believe that an adversary might be able to use such techniques to recover the data you intend encrypt, you may want to select one of the wipe modes. "

Quote:
Originally Posted by awesometx View Post
This guide is not provided for any illegal use or promote such use in anyway. I take no liability for any damages to any party who use this guide. Everything I write on this forum are my fantasies. Always Always use VPN( corporate level secure network). However, VPN providers can get in trouble for not providing information to 'asked' people. So you need to use out of country provider, and you need to use vpn provider who doesn't store user log in/log out i.p address information. https://www.privateinternetaccess.com/pages/buy-vpn/ $39.95. then change your computer MAC-address by using http://www.technitium.com/tmac/index.html. Always run ESET or Kaspersky internet security software. Lastly not the least use Truecrypt or Hard drive encryption with at least 32 to 64 character password. Anything less than 32 character can be cracked with brute force attack. Don't use any words in dictionary for your password, and get used to ^#).>, numbers, and capital letters. Truecrypt is free. It is a great tool for usb drives
http://www.truecrypt.org/
Remember, Hard drive encryption is better, but it require $100/yearly software to support the drive. ex:WinMagic is one of very few companies that has software for hard drive encryption.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16822168002 cost only $80 for Opal compliant hard drive encryption. software encryption(like truecrypt) is slower and less secure. It is less secure because of Cold boot attack (they come and take our laptop while keys are still present in RAM). The hard drive encryption does not store keys in RAM.. Anyhow, Make sure you use hidden drive and a decoy drive with aes+serpent+twofish if you still decide to go with less secure software encryption(truecrypt),
And before you do all this, wipe clean your drive using DoD 7 passes because Encryption protects you only from the day you start encryption. http://www.dban.org/ for deleting(technically rewriting) the old hard drive for free(open source)
Anything you've done on that computer prior to encryption will still be accessible using EnCase(forensic tool)
Again, there are many forensic software available- http://www.lostpassword.com/kit-forensic.htm - for decrypting Any 'software' encryption(true-crypt,Bitlocker ..etc).
awesometx is offline   Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
fetishfreak
Account Disabled

Encounters: 15

Some good tips in here
fetishfreak is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women