Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70394
biomed160366
Yssup Rider59873
gman4452886
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47449
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37068
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35221
Mojojo33117

Old 08-29-2019, 10:47 AM   #16
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

^^^^hilarious
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 11:48 AM   #17
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

I receive a lot of spam calls but they're all robo/automated calls.

Automated calls about student loan forgiveness, health insurance plans, and extended car warranties. The automated voice sounds American but is obviously a scam. They can be very annoying.

I wish an actual person, foreigner or not, would call me instead so I could fuck with them like y'all do. Years ago, I used to receive a lot of calls from Nigerian and Chinese conmen, asking for my credit card number, social security number etc. They would pretend to be from different government agencies or they would tell me that I won a big cash prize and they need my personal info to verify me. Hilarious because they always had such strong accents while pretending to be American. I loved messing with them. The automated calls I receive now are no fun.
VeryClean is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 12:02 PM   #18
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeryClean View Post
I receive a lot of spam calls but they're all robo/automated calls.

I wish an actual person, foreigner or not, would call me instead so I could fuck with them like y'all do.
they all start out as Robotic calls, the key is to wait until the Robot voice directs you to indicate your interest by pressing "one" on your phone receiver. a "live" person comes on after you fulfil the request.

these people puzzle me, how they can read from the script time after time, and endure the numerous insults they have to be getting on a continual basis. the Lady from my last post, who shrugged off my saying I was masturbating... why did she think that had a chance to end well?
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 08-29-2019, 03:43 PM   #19
VeryClean
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
they all start out as Robotic calls, the key is to wait until the Robot voice directs you to indicate your interest by pressing "one" on your phone receiver. a "live" person comes on after you fulfil the request.

these people puzzle me, how they can read from the script time after time, and endure the numerous insults they have to be getting on a continual basis. the Lady from my last post, who shrugged off my saying I was masturbating... why did she think that had a chance to end well?
Thanks for the tip, Chung. I'll try it out next time! As soon as I hear the automated voice, I never press "1" because I know it's a scam. I just let the voice keep speaking until the call ends or I end the call myself. I guess some of you have so much free time that you press "1" to fuck with these people even though you know it's a scam LOL!

There may be two answers to your question. The first answer is that their level of English fluency and comprehension is nowhere near as high as ours. So our insults and trolling fly right over their heads. We may congratulate ourselves for fucking with them but I doubt it affects them as much as we think it does. The second answer is that they're used to it. They receive insults all the time so it doesn't affect them as much.

Fortunately, the research I've done shows that the local police in those countries have become much more aggressive in arresting & punishing these scammers. For example, I've read news articles about the Indian police arresting hundreds of these scammers in the past few years. I'm sure the Chinese police, Nigerian police, Romanian police etc etc. are all doing the same. This is a positive development because in the past, these scammers from all over the world were not arrested the way they are now. No doubt the American government is putting pressure on those countries to get rid of the scammers.

These scammers will never completely go away but I do believe that the number of scammers overall will go down with time. Also as Bill pointed out, American cell phone network providers have become very effective in identifying such calls. That's why in recent times, I'm receiving fewer spam calls than in the past and when I do get one, it's labeled "Scam Likely". That makes it easy to ignore it. Overall life is a lot better for us now and a lot worse for the stupid scammers and that's a win in my book.
VeryClean is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 06:45 AM   #20
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

A guy I work with said he has a fax machine sound as his voice mail greeting. His friends all know it, so they just leave a message or text him. He says it deters these robo-call people as their automatic dialer stops calling him.
Been meaning to try that.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 08-30-2019, 09:30 AM   #21
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post
A guy I work with said he has a fax machine sound as his voice mail greeting. His friends all know it, so they just leave a message or text him. He says it deters these robo-call people as their automatic dialer stops calling him.

now that's a novel approach! it should also trigger an actual fax machine to send a fax ... to nothing. LOL.

did this guy do that to thwart robo-calls or just as a gag with benefits?
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 03:00 PM   #22
Chung Tran
BANNED

new call just now.. the "I can lower your credit card interest" spiel. sounded a lot like the last Indian woman, LOL.. the name was spoofed, like a real person, so that irritated me. I told her my interest rate was low, 2.4%, "can you beat that" she said yes, zero for 18 months.. wanted the whole card number again, "to pull up your file".. I told her no, you will rip me off, we went around and around, she said "you sound like my Dad", LOL.. she said "ok, just the last 4 number".. I said why 4, when you said you needed them all before? I finally said ok, and gave 4 random digits. she then wanted the 800 number on the back of the card (by the way, I said the bank was "Louisiana State Bank", she fell for it.. I doubt one exists).. I told her no, you sound dodgy asking me all this. she said ok, "if you are not comfort able" we can not go on, I said "no, I am not comfort able", LOL
Old 09-03-2019, 04:27 PM   #23
Chung Tran
BANNED

last one, just now.. the "you have won a night at a Hotel" call.

she: who do I have the pleasure of speaking with?

me: my name is David and I'm a Homosexual

she: there is nothing wrong with that

me: maybe, but .. I like to suck dick. people laugh at me

she: well, if they are with you, they obviously like it too, there should be no problem

me: yeah, but people laugh at us when we walk away

she: well, I think you should either see a Psychologist or a Psychaitrist

me: maybe you're right

click....
Old 09-03-2019, 08:29 PM   #24
netman
Valued Poster

One of these days, I am going to try to pull this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50
netman is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 09:02 PM   #25
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Eventually, AI (Artificial Intelligence) will be so prevalent and programmable that your 'bot will answer your spam calls and carry on whatever convo you tell it to.

But someone up top kinda suggested there might still be a marketing opportunity for folks here (not just ladies but gents) in the phone sex biz.

Are those 900 numbers still around?
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 11:20 PM   #26
MarieLynn of DFW
Seeking Discreet Gents 💋

User ID: 44
Location: Alliance-Fort Worth-DFW Airport-Amsterdam-Switzerland
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Lightbulb Good idea :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWanderer View Post

Great idea. I'll have to try that. Until I purchase my own AI robot, looks like I'll have to take matters into my own hands with these automated calls. Sigh.

MarieLynn of DFW is offline   Quote
Old 09-04-2019, 07:51 PM   #27
Chung Tran
BANNED

I'm getting pissed now.. just got the "hotel" call, and they spoofed their number, it showed up as Burleson ISD.. I was like, WTF would they be calling for, but I answered.. I told the Dude who came on the line my name was "Faggott Gentry", he started rambling, I said "can you speak fucking english, I can't understand you"! he said "sorry, Spanish is my first language, I can tell you in Spanish if you like", and then starts rambling in Spanish.. I said "how about Arabic, can you speak Arabic.. can you speak like a Fag"?

he hung up.. why have we allowed our telephone system that we invented, be hijacked by Foreign sales fraud teams? meanwhile we (the Texas Lawmakers) get spooked by men and women who agree to consensual sexual encounters using the internet. how do we unscrew ourselves from this madness?
Old 09-04-2019, 10:32 PM   #28
alaine
"Moved on"..

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

My car warranty call came yesterday and I've been inspired by Chung to play along.

Indian Lady with the extended warranty script.
Her: I'm looking for Mrs. Maria Hernandez
Me: Yes that's me
Her: Mam do you still own the 2010 Ford van
Me: Yes I do

Her: Mam your warranty is about to expire and we'd like to give you another 5 yrs coverage.
Can you tell me how many miles you have on it?

Me: Yes, 2000
Her: Mam are you SURE? It's a 2010 model
Me: Yes, I'm sure
Her: That doesn't seem possible
Me: Well I don't drive very much
Her: Mam are you SURE
Me: Yes, I'm positive....I'm 92 years old and I don't drive very much
Her: Ok Mam, You sound really young, would you be interested to extend your warranty for 5 years?
Me: Well yes, but I'm not sure that I will live another 5 years.
Her: Well, I see, would you be interested?
Me: Sure if you can guarantee me that I'll live another 5 years.

>>>>Bull shit meter detected now.
Her: OK Mam, let me transfer you to our senior care representative....Please stay on the line.

A few mins pass and, an American lady is patched into the call. Indian lady says to the American lady... I have Mrs. Hernandez here with a "code 2108". Pretty sure that was code for "I have a BS'r on the line". American says: I understand that you would like to purchase a 5 year extended warranty. Yes, I would IF you can guarantee me that I will live another 5 years, I'm 92. American lady..".I don't think so". Me: Are you saying that I won't live another 5 years? Her...Probably NOT... CLICK ....then an automated message said: "You have been "ejected" from this call". Hahaha

I need to start recording this shit. The laugh was well worth the 20 mins lost out of my life.
Old 09-04-2019, 10:38 PM   #29
alaine
"Moved on"..

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

OMG, that's hilarious. I really have to pump up my skills.

Quote:
Originally Posted by netman View Post
One of these days, I am going to try to pull this off.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-7OgWcwgB50
Old 11-13-2019, 02:48 PM   #30
Chung Tran
BANNED

they are catching on to me.. the phone calls continue, but I can't keep them on the line very long.

10 minutes ago: the Auto Warranty Call

her: you are still interested in a warranty for your 2010 Malibu (I gave that fake answer on a previous call)?

me: I don't have a Malibu, I have a Volkswagen

her: ok, let me pull up your file

me: why? your file is wrong, you said I had a Malibu

her: (unintelligible.. probably cursed me).. hung up

5 minutes ago: the lower your credit card interest call

he: you want a lower rate?

me: yes

he: on what card do you have the highest balance? Visa? Mastercard?

me: Mastercard

He: you're paying at least 13%, right?

me: yes, I want 20

he: you want a higher rate? why?

me: well, because it's more money

he: click (his dial tone, that is )

I figured I could jack him around, pretending that a lower interest rate was not good.. I guess he has encountered the reverse scam before, LOL

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women