Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Comedy Central
Comedy Central All your funny stuff goes here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70372
biomed160247
Yssup Rider59828
gman4452859
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47412
pyramider46370
bambino40269
CryptKicker37060
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 06-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #1
Olesweetie
Valued Poster

Encounters: 3
Thumbs up To Those of You Born - 1930 - 1979

First, we survived being born to mothers who smoked and/or drank while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then after that trauma, we were put to sleep on our tummies in baby cribs covered with bright colored lead-base paints..

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets and when we rode our bikes, we had baseball caps not helmets on our heads.

As infants & children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And, we weren't overweight. WHY?

Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day. And, we were O.K.

We would spend hours building our go-carts out of scraps and then ride them down the hill, only to find out we forgot the brakes. After running into the bushes a few times,we learned to solve the problem.

We did not have Playstations, Nintendo's and X-boxes. There were no video games, no 150 channels on cable, no video movies or DVD's, no surround-sound or CD's, no cell phones, no person al computers, no Internet and no chat rooms

WE HAD FRIENDS and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut, broke bones and teeth and there were no lawsuits from these accidents.

We ate worms and mud pies made f rom dirt, and the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls and, although we were told it would happen, we did not put out very many eyes..

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts and not everyone made the team. Those who didn't had to learn to deal with disappointment..

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers, problem solvers and inventors ever.

The past 50 years have been an explosion of innovation and new ideas.

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of them? CONGRATULATIONS!

The quote of the month is by Jay Leno:

'With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance
Olesweetie is offline   Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:02 PM   #2
guest021411
Account Disabled

User ID: 1600
My ECCIE Reviews

Thank you for the trip down memory lane.
Things were so much simpler then.
(sigh)
Dad had a Bellaire and there were actually benches in the back so we could stand on our knees and hang over the front seat when he drove!
What would CPS say about that today? LOL
guest021411 is offline   Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 08:47 AM   #3
Mathowich
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19
My ECCIE Reviews

Oh the simple days of riding our bikes and playing pickup games of baseball, football, kickball, etc...The days of riding in the back of my Dad's pickup going to the ranch, going barefoot on the hot pavement and prickly grass with not even a wince of pain, parents having my friends come over and drink out of a glass of water because I had the German measles and they wanted their kids to get it so they would be immune from then on. Such memories! Kids of today really are missing out.
Mathowich is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:08 AM   #4
Mesquitor
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Heck, I got a BB gun for Christmas when I was 6 years old! At 10 I got a .22 rifle and hunted with it by myself every day.

Sigh . . . I miss those days!
Mesquitor is offline   Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 09:17 AM   #5
guest83109
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3

I loved the post. Every day, I'd be outside playing sports, hide and seek, or some other game with my buddies until my mother yelled down the street it was time for dinner. In the summer, I gulped down my dinner and was back outside until sundown. I was not kidnapped or molested. I did not have an ounce of fat on me. Hell, my buddies and I even had bb-gun wars in the hills. We never shot an eye out, but one buddy once got a bb shot between his eyes. Dented his forehead a bit, but we laughed and went on. Damn those bb's hurt.
guest83109 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women