Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 260
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160184
Yssup Rider59820
gman4452821
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47408
pyramider46370
bambino40245
CryptKicker37047
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 02-16-2017, 01:35 AM   #1
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Encounters: 5
Default Weight loss Meds

Anyone have any success with a weight kiss Med by prescription called Contrave? My Med wants me to try it and hopefully it will work for me. I have changed my diet but don't see much change in my weight. I am classified as morbidly obese and really hope this works for me. Any positive feedback is welcomed.
Luke_Wyatt is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 09:51 AM   #2
Melissa Madyson
Account Disabled

User ID: 89913
My ECCIE Reviews

NO but as a weight loss struggler myself, I feel your pain.I am working to reach my goals also. Perhaps we can reach them together!!

I just cut out all sodas of any form, I also began walking as my form of exercise. I also bought a weight set off craigslist, that I use.

Drink plenty of water and eat only healthy foods. count calories. It has helped me.

Good luck,
M.M.
Melissa Madyson is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 11:04 AM   #3
handyGiraffe
Valued Poster

Encounters: 98

Leave the soda, pasta and white bread products off..oil and basalmic salad dressings ...no white cream based salad dressings.(ranch, cesar, etc).try to walk as much as possible...do this for two weeks and see if it helps you...(goes without saying..no fast food, fries, burgers..nothing fried!)
handyGiraffe is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 01:55 PM   #4
Guest050619-1
Account Disabled

Encounters: 2

Get clinical nutritionist, Cliff Sheats LEAN BODIES book(s).......I did that a number of years ago (suggested by a close friend). By learning new ideas (per my own nutrition / exercise / lifestyle) I was able to drop the targeted weight and keep it off "for good".

Weight Loss Diet Pills are sketchy imo. I'm told they can work...however you're looking at a temporary fix at best imo. You might drop 40, 50, 60 or so pounds. But discouragement settles in for some reason, you "down-cycle" and six weeks / months later you've gained that weight back plus an additional ten-twenty lbs you didn't have before.

It's a terrible cycle to be trapped in.....but it's real nonetheless.

The "pill" (metaphorically speaking) one really needs is a good dose of Persistence & Commitment. And that comes from gaining knowledge about the relationship your body should have with food. Accomplish that task first (ie: how you need to properly "fuel your body")....then take on the next step: a serious workout regimen that you're willing to commit to(in tandem with a great nutrition plan).

I don't know exactly what "morbidly obese" entails (per you). Diet / exercise may not necessarily be the answer. You may be a candidate for surgery....do the research; a doctor / surgeon should be able to help with private consultation.
Guest050619-1 is offline   Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 02:21 PM   #5
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by handyGiraffe View Post
Leave the soda, pasta and white bread products off..oil and basalmic salad dressings ...no white cream based salad dressings.(ranch, cesar, etc).try to walk as much as possible...do this for two weeks and see if it helps you...(goes without saying..no fast food, fries, burgers..nothing fried!)
Pasta is perhaps my achilles Heel, I am 100 percent Italian and you know we love our Pastas, but you all have given me very good advice.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #6
goodman0422
Valued Poster

Encounters: 12

Its a combination of bupropion (a anti-depressant) and naltrexone (reverses the effects of opioid like oxycontin as well as alcohol)
I would look at the most common potential side effects for each drug below.

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/bupropion-side-effects.html

https://www.drugs.com/sfx/naltrexone-side-effects.html

I've never taken it but most weight loss drugs are found to be detrimental to your health eventually. Weight loss drugs are big business because most Americans won't exercise. But there is not much done to ensure they are safe before marketing. The pharmacuetical companies justify the health risks of the drug claiming the excess weight the patient is carrying outweighs the risk presented by the drug.
Honestly, I would recommend you just go for 15-20 min walk 3 times a week.
Good luck
goodman0422 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 05:09 AM   #7
carguy1989
Premium Access

Encounters: 90

I have lost 40 pounds in 5 months by cutting out sugar and dramatically reducing carbs. Exercise in any form essential. There are days I would KILL for a pbj, I allow my self a "splurge" every 8 - 10 days.
carguy1989 is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:15 AM   #8
Zena
Waco & more

User ID: 367173
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Good post. Good thread. I'm at the beginning of my journey. Wish me luck. I need a miracle, almost !
Zena is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 01:15 PM   #9
Luxie
The Midwest Companion

User ID: 287996
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Tbh, as someone who has lost over 100 lbs the easiest way for me to lose weight - and keep it off - was to switch my entire lifestyle. Diets don't work. You eventually have to go off the meds. Just make a lifestyle change and make it permanent. I went vegan and started doing yoga and it's done wonders.
Luxie is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:27 PM   #10
canuckeight
Valued Poster

Encounters: 45

Try cutting out sugar. The Glycemic index in key. Eat foods with lo GI.
canuckeight is offline   Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 07:39 PM   #11
Clark W. Griswold
Valued Poster

Encounters: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke_Wyatt View Post
I have changed my diet but don't see much change in my weight.
What are you doing in regards to exercise? Changing your diet is a great start but I would slowly add in some exercise routines to complement it. I would stay away from the pills. Most of them are not approved by the FDA and a few people I know that have taken them had side effects. Good luck.
Clark W. Griswold is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 08:09 PM   #12
Luke_Wyatt
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark W. Griswold View Post
What are you doing in regards to exercise? Changing your diet is a great start but I would slowly add in some exercise routines to complement it. I would stay away from the pills. Most of them are not approved by the FDA and a few people I know that have taken them had side effects. Good luck.
Well to be honest I can't or have very limited mobility - my heaviest I been have been 463 and now roughly 350 lbs but I don't think I have the endurance for a gym membership. I was thinking if I could get below 300 lbs then perhaps a membership would be ideal.
Old 02-18-2017, 09:01 PM   #13
jbravo_123
Verified Member

Encounters: 15

Assuming you don't have some sort of hormonal issue that's forcing your body to maintain body fat, if your goal is long term weight loss, you're going to need to modify your diet permanently. To lose weight, fundamentally, you need to have calories in < calories out, nothing more. Exercise helps, but it won't offset a terrible diet. Eventually, yes you'll need to exercise to continue your weight loss and build muscle (muscle burns more calories per hour at a resting state than fat does), but that can come once you get your eating habits under control.

The key to making these types of changes is to not try to make too drastic a change at once. Make a small change, stick with it until it becomes habit, then make another small change, etc.
jbravo_123 is offline   Quote
Old 02-18-2017, 09:02 PM   #14
dirty dog
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

I would assume that with your weight you also have a problem with type 2 diabetes. I have lost 160 pounds over the past year. After my wife passed and with the beginning of retirement I was very depressed and my weight ballooned and my diabetes became very out of control. Beginning in Nov of 2015 I began a life style change with regards to diet. I cut out all bread and startches and did a modified protein diet supplemented with fresh fruit and salads. By August of 2016 I had lost 100 pounds, but I was still on 600 units of two different insulins a day. I had been discussed by pass surgery and my surgeon told me that I would no longer be diabetic after the surgery. So in August I did it. He explained that the way the intestine is rerouted 97 percent of patients have a significant change in their diabetic status or they go into remission. Since the surgery I have lost an additional 60 pounds and have reached my goal weight. The best news is I am on no diabetic medication and my AC1 is 5.1. It has remained below 5.2 for the past 6 months and I have no restriction on what I eat just the amount. Do yourself a favor and look into it especially if you are diabetic.
dirty dog is offline   Quote
Old 02-26-2017, 11:03 PM   #15
Inversion
Valued Poster

Encounters: 16
Cool

Part of the ''weight loss'' Contrave causes is surely due to the Vomiting it can cause. I'd be careful, it does look safer than Belviq (Lorcaserin) though. But you'd probably be better off with something old-fashioned like say... 'Clen and lift bruh!'
Inversion is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women