Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Nebraska > The Sandbox - Nebraska
The Sandbox - Nebraska The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59883
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47489
pyramider46370
bambino40302
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 12-01-2013, 07:25 PM   #16
huskerman23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blue4u View Post
Graduation rates and GPA's have dropped under Bo.
Bo did not inherit a bunch of bad players, the most players sent to the NFL under Bo were Callahan recruits. Oh and his best defensive statistics where in those first 2 years.
What he inherited was football program that had alienated it from its former players and fans.
Does anyone on here really think that we should be the alpha testing grounds for an offensive coach?
There are plenty of coaches worth a lot more than salt who would love to come here given the facilities and foundation. These are type A personalities that relish in being able to prove they can win here.
I do not ever remember Tom getting blown out in any game. Oh yeah biggest margin of losses are under Bo.
Well I knew this would at least liven up the board it had been getting a little staid.
Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and thought how lucky we really are living here.

BTW H23 you do not need to shout but then since you are a Bo fan I guess that fits.
WHAT DOES THAT DO ANYTHING WITH THE HUSKERS FOOTBALL PLAYERS?
huskerman23 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 07:26 PM   #17
huskerman23
Valued Poster

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by 12blue4u View Post
Graduation rates and GPA's have dropped under Bo.
Bo did not inherit a bunch of bad players, the most players sent to the NFL under Bo were Callahan recruits. Oh and his best defensive statistics where in those first 2 years.
What he inherited was football program that had alienated it from its former players and fans.
Does anyone on here really think that we should be the alpha testing grounds for an offensive coach?
There are plenty of coaches worth a lot more than salt who would love to come here given the facilities and foundation. These are type A personalities that relish in being able to prove they can win here.
I do not ever remember Tom getting blown out in any game. Oh yeah biggest margin of losses are under Bo.
Well I knew this would at least liven up the board it had been getting a little staid.
Hope everyone had a good thanksgiving and thought how lucky we really are living here.

BTW H23 you do not need to shout but then since you are a Bo fan I guess that fits.
WHAT DOES THAT EVEN MATTER TO YOU?!?!?! WAH! WAH! WAH!
huskerman23 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #18
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

LNK.

LOL Told y'all I'm not husker fan. I didn't know he was hurt.

Huskerman23.....WHY ARE YOU YELLING AT PEOPLE??? Stop being a troll geez. How old are you?
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:53 PM   #19
CS123
Valued Poster

MsE

All the media and ex players had to do was use a little common sense and not leak info. Parents finding out their kid broke his leg from the media or ex player tweeting or some social media bullshit should get them uninvited from practice.

My opinion is we have too many ex players sucking the teat of the football program. To keep themselves in business they have to be shock jock like to draw attention to themselves, their blogs, pod casts or what ever means they are making money from. Some of the players are honorable and give really good insight and others suck. Those that suck are shit stirring, information leaking bottom feeders. They got an education in exchange for playing football, fair trade. They have an instant network of people that will help them provided they are honest and hardworking. That network is well connected by the way and powerful. They have doors opened for them that most graduates could only dream of. Get a regular job and leave the gossip about football alone. The media need to learn how to write factual stories. They are reporters and not hired to make decisions concerning the football or any other program. Some of them could write for the tabloids with the crap they put out.

I guess for Blue we will have to dig up the graduation and GPA stats. For LNK a video of the Iowa coach, he blew a gasket that made Pelini look calm.

I think a lot of good coaches wouldn't consider coming to NU. Look at what you get to look forward too! There will be jobs at schools that it is easier to recruit from, have just as good of facilities and aren't the main topic of conversation all year long. There are administrations that support the coaches and don't leave then hang until the situation is so bad they are forced to say something. See Florida and Michigan for examples. I believe it does hurt recruiting and we need to put a stop to it. The NCAA has not made rule changes to level the playing field and it is expensive and nearly impossible to get a recruit and their parents into Lincoln because the parents have to foot too much of the bill. No so with cheap air fare or schools you can drive to. Such is life, GBR!!!!!!
CS123 is offline   Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 11:13 PM   #20
huskerguyomaha
Premium Access

Encounters: 16

All those who think Osborne didn't have his share of ugly losses have rather selective memory, perhaps jaded by his 60 and 3 record over his last 5 seasons. Let me refresh your memory:

1973 OU 27 NU 0
1975 OU 35 NU 10
1976 preseason #1 NU 6-6 tie vs. unranked LSU
1976 Iowa St 37 NU 28
1977 OU 38 NU 7
1978 Alabama 20 NU 3
1978 Mizzou 35 NU 31, the week after NU beat #1 OU
1988 UCLA 41 NU 28
1988 Miami 23 NU 3
1989 Florida St 41 NU 17
1990 OU 45 NU 10
1990 Georgia Tech 45 NU 21
1991 Miami 27 NU 0
1992 Iowa St 19 NU 10

Osborne coached in an era with a lot less parity than what exists today with fewer scholarship restrictions. The powerhouse programs were able to stockpile quality players, and an injury plagued season did not have near the impact that it does now. I remember when they reduced the number of scholarships to 105 and the uproar it caused. Now the limit is 85. Look, am I happy with the way things have gone with Bo? No. But do I think he should be fired? Absolutely not. Firing a coach who has won at least 9 games each year is not the solution. He should be given at least one more year to try to turn things around. After making quite a few mistakes in recruiting his first couple years, recruiting is on the up swing. Switching from the Big 12 to the B1G also affected recruiting. All of the young players on defense have improved a lot since the start of the season and will be even better next year. Does Bo need to make some changes? Absolutely yes! His special teams play is an joke. His offensive coordinator seems to have difficulty making in-game adjustments and has a knack for not sticking with the running game when it's working. But things can turn around quickly. Look at Mizzou. Last year they won only 2 conference games. This year they are in the SEC championship game with a shot at the BCS national title game. And it's not like Gary Pinkel is some genius of a head coach.
huskerguyomaha is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:52 AM   #21
Guest090116-1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 94

Bo is his own worst enemy and he will never be able to change the national perception of himself that he brought upon himself. It is all his own doing and he has handed other schools the perfect tool to recruit against Nebraska.

Not the fans. Not the media. It is one person alone and that is Bo that has created this perception.
No need to argue if it's right or wrong, that doesn't matter. It's out there and out there to stay.

So that's a personality thing. Then there is the coaching thing. I've seen this staff outcoached time and again by other coaching staffs. I believe we have talent, but the offensive and defensive schemes suck. The defensive concept of containment only seems to work when you have a player of the caliber of Suh around. They haven't had a Suh in some years now.

Just my opinion.
Guest090116-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:33 AM   #22
MsElena
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3063
My ECCIE Reviews

I now have a football crush on CS.
MsElena is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 10:26 AM   #23
LNK
Valued Poster

Encounters: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by CS123 View Post
For LNK a video of the Iowa coach, he blew a gasket that made Pelini look calm.
I'd love to see that. I can't believe he swung at the official.

Screaming and yelling is one thing, swinging is totally different.

I guess I missed his outburst, I did see him walking away from the official and clearly said "Bullshit."
LNK is offline   Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 02:17 PM   #24
snowbeard
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsElena View Post
http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/bob-devaney-1.html

http://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/coaches/tom-osborne-1.html

The late "great" Mr. Devaney didn't have that great of a record when he came here it seems. From what I've read, the great husker fans of Nebraska tried to run the husker football god TO out of Lincoln numerous times....putting for sale signs in his yard, lol Yep, those are great fans to have huh?

Now comes along Bo who inherited a mess from one coach who couldn't his dick in his pants and cost the school millions of dollars in hush money and another coach who couldn't coach himself out of a wet paper bag. Bo who has a winning record, his players have the highest GPA's to date (even under the god TO himself) and UNL/fans KNEW he was a hot head when they hired him back as head coach.

The media and anti Bo people have turned this into an embarrassing situation for the school and state. What Bo said during his press conference was right, all the "fire bo" talk and negativity does effect the players and coaches because its all year long.

No coach worth their salt would come to UNL to coach. They would constantly worry after every game if they had a job or not. They wouldn't want to put down roots here, especially if they don't have a winning season.
+++++
snowbeard is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women