Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 01-22-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1
Default Joe Paterno 1926 - 2012

Vaya con Dios JoePa. No one is perfect and everyone has regrets and mistakes in life but Joe Paterno's contributions still loom large over Penn State and the many players he coached over a great career.

I'm a diehard Texas Longhorns fan but today i have this to say:

We Are Penn State.

Joseph Vincent Paterno 1926 - 2012.

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 10:15 AM   #2
Guest090620
Account Disabled

User ID: 75982
My ECCIE Reviews

Rest in Peace Joe Pa. What a great Coach
Guest090620 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:40 AM   #3
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
Vaya con Dios JoePa. No one is perfect and everyone has regrets and mistakes in life but Joe Paterno's contributions still loom large over Penn State and the many players he coached over a great career.

I'm a diehard Texas Longhorns fan but today i have this to say:

We Are Penn State.

Joseph Vincent Paterno 1926 - 2012.
+1.

Great Coach and better still a great man.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:42 AM   #4
guest031612-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

So tragic. The scandal literally killed him while Jerry Sandusky professes his innocence.

Wretchedly, wretchedly sad.
guest031612-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:51 AM   #5
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

No, I think the Cancer had more to do with killing him!

If only 10% of the world would have lived like Joe Pa, the world would be 100x better.

Celebrate his life brother, do not mourn his death!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:54 AM   #6
MrGiz
BANNED

I was not a fan.... but it's just a damned shame that a historic lifetime of success had to end the way his did!
Smile On, Joe Pa
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I know whatcaya mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGiz View Post
I was not a fan.... but it's just a damned shame that a historic lifetime of success had to end the way his did!
It all ends in death!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #8
MrGiz
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
It all ends in death!
So True! But there will be too many assholes who will only remember him in the light of Sandusky's perversion!
MrGiz is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:28 PM   #9
pyramider
El Hombre de la Mancha

Encounters: 10

Or the Penn State cover up?
pyramider is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:39 PM   #10
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default Do the Jews care what Ahmadinejad thinks about the holocaust?

True enough but that don't change what a great guy he was just because a few ignorant folks don't know know better!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 12:44 PM   #11
Guest032414-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 7

All of the lives he affected. The fathers who went to PSU and sent their sons, not for the program, but for the coach.

61 years of service to a college, to a program, to the players and their families, to the students, to the state. That cannot and will not be forgotten.
Guest032414-2 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #12
gman44

Encounters: 203

RIP PappaJoe
gman44 is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 01:35 PM   #13
Finger Bang
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 17

I'm not a HUGE sports fan, so I didn't CLOSELY follow this story. I also think because I don't worship sports figures to the extent some do, I might be able to look at this objectively. I understand he was a great coach, but a great man? ASSUMING these allegations are true, didn't he turn his head to reorts of Sandusky's acts? I don't think he personally witnessed anything, but didn't he know these things were or may be going on? Couldn't he have followed up long ago so that maybe even one more child wouldn't have been subjected to abuse? Not insinuating he was in any way as bad as Sandusky, but should "great coaching" actually overshadow that big of a "bad decision not to follow up"? Is he any better than someone who moved priests to another parish after being discovered molesting children?
I may be incorrect on some of those points...again, I didn't follow TOO closely. But a lot of the defense of Paterno I did see seemed to be so related to coaching and his being a "good man". Not a whole lot of thought to how a molestation may have been prevented. Hey, I'm a HUGE Saints fan and a HUGE Drew Brees fan. I'd like to think if he were involved in anything like that, I'd be able to condemn him as, "What a great quarterback, but what a piece of shit person."
I apologize in advance for stepping on toes...just an opinion.
Finger Bang is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:22 PM   #14
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Some comments on Joe Paterno by those who coached against him. A few i find particularly interesting are these by Steve Spurrier and Tom Osborne:

“I’ve coached around 300 college games and only once when I’ve met the other coach at midfield prior to the game have I asked a photographer to take a picture of me with the other coach. That happened in the Citrus Bowl after the `97 season when we were playing Penn State.”—South Carolina coach Steve Spurrier.

“Whenever you recruited or played against Joe, you knew how he operated and that he always stood for the right things. Of course, his longevity over time and his impact on college football is remarkable. Anybody who knew Joe feels badly about the circumstances. I suspect the emotional turmoil of the last few weeks might have played into it.”Nebraska athletic director and former coach Tom Osborne.

And this from a player Joe recruited but who when to Michigan State instead.

“(During recruiting,) Paterno was the only coach that didn’t talk about football. He talked about life and what life had to offer at State College. While I did not go there and went to Michigan State, he was the only coach to call me and wish me luck.”—former Michigan State wide receiver Nigea Carter.
The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 01-22-2012, 02:55 PM   #15
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finger Bang View Post
but should "great coaching" actually overshadow that big of a "bad decision not to follow up"? Is he any better than someone who moved priests to another parish after being discovered molesting children?
I may be incorrect on some of those points...again, I didn't follow TOO closely. But a lot of the defense of Paterno I did see seemed to be so related to coaching and his being a "good man". .
Read this link, your comparison is not even close.

Almost as difficult for Mr. Paterno to answer is the question of why, after receiving a report in 2002 that Mr. Sandusky had abused a boy in the shower of Penn State's Lasch Football Building, and forwarding it to his superiors, he didn't follow up more aggressively.
"I didn't know exactly how to handle it and I was afraid to do something that might jeopardize what the university procedure was," he said. "So I backed away and turned it over to some other people, people I thought would have a little more expertise than I did. It didn't work out that way."

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/12015/1203682-454.stm?cmpid=psu.xml#ixzz1kE6 bOdM5
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women