Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Louisiana > Shreveport/Bossier City > The Sandbox-Shreveport/Bossier City
The Sandbox-Shreveport/Bossier City The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70393
biomed160356
Yssup Rider59872
gman4452879
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47448
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37066
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35206
Mojojo33117

Thread Closed

Old 04-16-2010, 01:04 PM   #1
BIG C
Ambassador

Default Need Help Removing Virus

Apparently I visited one of those fucking sites that got Malware, Spyware, SpamBots and all other kinds of shit and now my 'puter is infected with it and my current virus definitions didn't work on removing them.....Anyone know where I can download a "FREE anti-virus program that can get rid of this shit (yeah, I'm a cheap bastard).....ARGH ! ! ! ! !
Old 04-16-2010, 02:16 PM   #2
sportlooker
Account Disabled

Encounters: 6

http://www.spamfighter.com/Product_Info.asp
Old 04-16-2010, 02:28 PM   #3
Mister
Valued Poster

Encounters: 13

http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ This is a good online program

Another exceptional cleaning tool (scanning only, it doesn't do realtime for free) is MALEWAREBYTES
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebytes-Anti-Malware/3000-8022_4-10804572.html?tag=mncol

There are several listed here: http://download.cnet.com/windows/ant...g=ltcol;narrow

Threatfire is a good behavior based program that I recommend AFTER you clean up your system. It isn't that good at cleaning an already infected system.

AVIRA has the best reputation.
I personally like AVAST! but its effectiveness has recently come into question compared to other free progra.
I installed AVG and Threatfire together on another PC and they work well together (behavioral plus standard script scanning). If you do that remember to put threatfire in AVGs "exception" feature for realtime scanning.

Also if you change your dns server to OpenDNS (free) it give you another layer of protection because they have great antiviral features. If you (or a spamware program) tries to point your browser to an infected site, it simply won't go there: http://www.opendns.com/ (you don't have to use any of the blocking features)
Old 04-16-2010, 03:37 PM   #4
MuffinMan

Encounters: 9

Big C.... What is this "VIRUS" thing you speak of?? Ohhhhh, I forgot. I have a Mac. lol
I apologize profusely, but I couldn't resist. Mia Culpa!
Hope you get it all worked out soon.
MM
Old 04-16-2010, 08:54 PM   #5
whizard of Oz
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 1

Quote:
MM says, I have a Mac.
I got one of those at Mcdonalds once, oh sorry, its a computer your talking about. lol.
Old 04-16-2010, 09:51 PM   #6
BIG C
Ambassador

Thanks everyone.....I got it fixed and my 'puter is clean and virus free.....BTW, it was picked up from the Erin Andrews peephole video so don't go there unless you want trouble.....
Thread Closed

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women