Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70412
biomed160551
Yssup Rider59923
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47540
pyramider46370
bambino40320
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 12-22-2012, 08:38 PM   #61
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Budman View Post
In this case it's not an accidental shooting. He shot exactly who he intended to shoot. The drunk is the one at fault. You live with it.
No it's not an accidental shooting. But unless your state has the "Castle Law" you have broken the law and could be arrested. You have to prove that your life was in danger when you fired your weapon. As you stated earlier, and I agree, I don't know how often people are arrested and convicted in such cases.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:48 PM   #62
Budman
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 19

It seems to be a very easy job to convince the police that you felt your life was in danger. Your door was kicked in. Case closed.

In your world what would it take?
Budman is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:49 PM   #63
harry
Valued Poster

Encounters: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by i'va biggen View Post
You are a sicko if you think shooting a dumb ass drunk is a good kill ...

How do you know the guy who just kicked in your door at 4 in the morning is just a "dumb ass drunk" who's at the wrong house? Are you suggesting that we give the invader a breathalyzer test first? American law is based on what a "reasonable man" would conclude. If someone smashes their way through your locked door in the early morning hours, a reasonable man would conclude that the invader is not there for a friendly social call. There is reasonable justification to fear for your life and the lives of others in the house. Therefore you would be legally justified in using deadly force to stop the intruder.

It is the fault of the "dumb ass drunk" that he got shot. If he had not of gotten drunk and broken into the wrong house, he wouldn't have gotten shot. And who is to say that this drunk wouldn't have assaulted the people in the house? It's clear he was in a drunken rage to have kicked his way into the house, wrong or not.
harry is offline   Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:57 PM   #64
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

+1 What the hell are you going to say to an enraged drunk knocking your door down? "Hey, you sure you got the right house?" Boy, some people are stupid. It's not the gun's fault, it's the drunk's fault.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 03:47 AM   #65
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Under the fairly recently passed "Castle Law" in Texas,
What "fairly recently passed "Castle Law" in Texas"?

You all read too much OP-Ed from the Austin rag in Cedar Park.

Texas Penal Code: Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and
(3) he reasonably believes that:
(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or
(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Acts 1973, 63rd Leg., p. 883, ch. 399, Sec. 1, eff. Jan. 1, 1974. Amended by Acts 1993, 73rd Leg., ch. 900, Sec. 1.01, eff. Sept. 1, 1994."

The last "upgrade" was in 1994 ... "fairly recent" ??? AND

the use of deadly force has been allowed to protect one's property for a long time ... !

The standard by the way is NOT from the perspective of the invader who is kicking in the door or the gf next door ...

the perspective is from the person inside the house whose door is getting kicked in a 4 a.m. ... AT THE TIME THE DOOR IS GETTING KICKED IN ...

and NOT after the gf explains to police why her bf was drunk and that he probably had the wrong door!

When someone kicks my door at 4 a.m. in the morning it is REASONABLE FOR ME TO CONCLUDE that the person is committing:
burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime;

and knows I am in the house and doesn't give a shit!

So it is REASONABLE for me to believe that the only way I am going to prevent myself and MY family from being hurt is to use deadly force to stop the person.

FYI: Kicking in a door is "criminal mischief"!!!!!!!!

Here's a "true story" even in Austin ...

A little over 40 years ago a guy was "stitched" by his wife with .357 mangum through the sliding glass doors at their house when he came home drunk and she thought it was someone trying to burglarize the house .... no charges.

Around that same time a guy I knew was hit twice in the legs with .380 rounds by his wife when he came home drunk and was bouncing off the walls of the entry way and she thought it was someone trying to break in the house ... he lived....... no charges.

Years ago in Fort Bend county a guy was trying to open a kitchen window in the back of the house with a screw driver and the housewife inside drilled his ass with .357 magnum (literally blew his heart out the back) ...dead when he hit the ground .... no charges.

May be in Cedar Park it is socially correct to kick in folks doors when drunk, but I wouldn't transport that concept tot he rest of the State of Texas! Even Travis County.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:18 AM   #66
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
The law in most states is that you must be in danger, pretty much fear for your life, before you can legally use a weapon in deadly force. This homeowner's life was not in anyway in danger. No idea whether people in such incidents have been charged or not.

I do know that recently in nearby Round Rock. Texas, a homeowner saw a suspicious individual hiding under his car. Guy got out from under the car and started running. Homeowner shot and killed him, I believe. At the least wounded him. He was arrested since his life was never endangered.
Do you know what side of the street you are supposed to walk on as a pedestrian in Texas? 1001, 1002, 1003 ....

And did you know you can get arrested for walking on the "wrong side of the street" in Texas?

Would I shoot someone running away from having crawled out from underneath my car in the driveway outside of my house? No.

Would I shoot someone kicking in my door at 4 a.m.? Yes. Double-tap center mass.

I would hope he lived so that "we" could ask him why he didn't knock, first.

And BTW my family and my friends have a pact with each other ... we call first and knock first. Otherwise, we are forgiven in advance.

Do you toss out the examples to prove a point? Just asking.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:20 AM   #67
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
But unless your state has the "Castle Law" you have broken the law and could be arrested. You have to prove that your life was in danger when you fired your weapon. As you stated earlier, and I agree, I don't know how often people are arrested and convicted in such cases.
Bullshit ... pure bullshit. It's what I call "Reader's Digest" law.

"You have to prove that your life was in danger when you fired your weapon." Wrong!!!!
Old 12-23-2012, 08:04 AM   #68
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

I think we should go back to the good 'ol days depicted in cowboy movies where everyone has observed carry and the fastest gun wins.fuck
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:13 AM   #69
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
+1 What the hell are you going to say to an enraged drunk knocking your door down? "Hey, you sure you got the right house?" Boy, some people are stupid. It's not the gun's fault, it's the drunk's fault.
I blame video games.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:18 AM   #70
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I blame video games.
Don't blame the only thing that StupidOldFart has ever been declared a winner.

He clearly has a totally worthless existence!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:20 AM   #71
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
It seems to be a very easy job to convince the police that you felt your life was in danger. Your door was kicked in. Case closed.

I am hardly an expert on the subject, but my understanding is that unless the intruder has a dangerous weapon in his/her possession, self defense is harder to prove. Not impossible, but harder. When you take someone else's life, it should be very close to 100% justified. Scenario -- You hear your door kicked in and come into a room, gun drawn, and see an unarmed man maybe 10 feet away from you, not threatening you at all. Do you have the right to shoot him? In my opinion, no. Would you get away with it? Probably.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #72
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I am hardly an expert on the subject,...

You should have stopped posting right there ....
Old 12-23-2012, 08:26 AM   #73
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
-- You hear your door kicked in ... not threatening you at all.
Friend, kicking your door in is .... "threatening you" ...

.... even in Cedar Park.

Just a rhetorical question ...

.. how do you know there is only one person there?

If there is another one ... you;re probably dead anyone.

What part of the following do you NOT understand:

Texas Penal Code: Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:
(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and
(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:
(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or
Old 12-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #74
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Budman, I think he's a school teacher.
Old 12-23-2012, 08:34 AM   #75
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
Do you toss out the examples to prove a point? Just asking.
I am not trying to make a point. Simply looking to find out other people's views on a TRUE happening.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women