Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160433
Yssup Rider59882
gman4452905
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47487
pyramider46370
bambino40300
CryptKicker37074
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35278
Mojojo33117

Old 03-04-2024, 05:36 AM   #31
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Encounters: 14
Default That whole militia and armed peoples bit...

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
Until we produce a better version of democracy let’s try not to blow up the system we’ve got...

So you're saying "blow it up" as opposed to a self immolation clause, aka escape hatch, i.e. exit strategy?!? IMHO - Federalist 46 seems to use language closer to self immolation than blow it up.
Quote:
...The only refuge left for those who prophesy the downfall of the State governments is the visionary supposition that the federal government may previously accumulate a military force for the projects of ambition. The reasonings contained in these papers must have been employed to little purpose indeed, if it could be necessary now to disprove the reality of this danger. That the people and the States should, for a sufficient period of time, elect an uninterupted succession of men ready to betray both; that the traitors should, throughout this period, uniformly and systematically pursue some fixed plan for the extension of the military establishment; that the governments and the people of the States should silently and patiently behold the gathering storm, and continue to supply the materials, until it should be prepared to burst on their own heads, must appear to every one more like the incoherent dreams of a delirious jealousy, or the misjudged exaggerations of a counterfeit zeal, than like the sober apprehensions of genuine patriotism.

Extravagant as the supposition is, let it however be made. Let a regular army, fully equal to the resources of the country, be formed; and let it be entirely at the devotion of the federal government; still it would not be going too far to say, that the State governments, with the people on their side, would be able to repel the danger. The highest number to which, according to the best computation, a standing army can be carried in any country, does not exceed one hundredth part of the whole number of souls; or one twenty-fifth part of the number able to bear arms. This proportion would not yield, in the United States, an army of more than twenty-five or thirty thousand men. To these would be opposed a militia amounting to near half a million of citizens with arms in their hands, officered by men chosen from among themselves, fighting for their common liberties, and united and conducted by governments possessing their affections and confidence...
Do try to remember we are a Constitutional Republic as opposed to a Democracy. There is a difference.
Why_Yes_I_Do is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 07:44 AM   #32
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Self Immolation clause?

Did they set themselves on fire back in the 18th century?
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 09:04 AM   #33
txdot-guy
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Why_Yes_I_Do View Post

So you're saying "blow it up" as opposed to a self immolation clause, aka escape hatch, i.e. exit strategy?!? IMHO - Federalist 46 seems to use language closer to self immolation than blow it up.Do try to remember we are a Constitutional Republic as opposed to a Democracy. There is a difference.
I mean blow it up, for example urging members of a militia to overthrow the results of a legitimate election to force an unelected leader into power. The opposite of a democratic republic.

definition of a democracy: a system of government by the whole population or all the eligible members of a state, typically through elected representatives.

definition of a republic: a state in which supreme power is held by the people and their elected representatives, and which has an elected or nominated president rather than a monarch.

One can be both a democracy and a republic. one doesn’t preclude the other.
txdot-guy is online now   Quote
Old 03-05-2024, 06:22 AM   #34
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Self Immolation clause?

Did they set themselves on fire back in the 18th century?
I think they were more focused on witches around that time frame.
Old 03-05-2024, 06:26 AM   #35
Why_Yes_I_Do
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by txdot-guy View Post
I mean blow it up, for example urging members of a militia to overthrow the results of a legitimate election ..
Seems instead of "legitimate" election you lean more towards a "favorable outcome" election to your own liking. Guess we can check back in on this in November to see what will be the tune of the day that is being sung.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women