Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70382
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59846
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47428
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2019, 08:04 AM   #16
Wile E Coyote
BANNED

Encounters: 90

Quote:
Originally Posted by FunMonday View Post
I'm not a fan but in Jackson's case, he had so much money he was a target 24x7.
I agree.

When a person is successful, and others who not only wish they were, but also just like to do what they can to others to try to make them feel as low as they are, typically are the ones that are spreading gossip and many cases, reporting that gossip as fact.
Wile E Coyote is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 08:52 AM   #17
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Encounters: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wile E Coyote View Post
I agree.

When a person is successful, and others who not only wish they were, but also just like to do what they can to others to try to make them feel as low as they are, typically are the ones that are spreading gossip and many cases, reporting that gossip as fact.
Yes, and if you are a target, that is more reason to be cautious. Jackson was anything but, asking for trouble after having to settle a lawsuit for 30 million. He went right out and did the same damn thing again.

To me, he is just as guilty as OJ. You can get as much justice as you can afford in this country and I know that firsthand. When I was younger and dumber, I got busted for weed in the parking lot of the old Fare.

Luckily, I made damn good money, and could afford a great lawyer who ended up getting me off scot-free. When you have a great defense, it discourages the DA, who feel their limited resources are better spent going after those who lack that.
Look-at-Stupid is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 09:24 AM   #18
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by Go4it View Post
Come on Chung - you're old enough to know the day the music died was the airplane crash of Buddy Holly, The Big Bopper and Ritchie Valens. Pick another name for it
I'm keeping my name, because, #1, Don Mclean is a wife-batterer

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...hysical-abuse/

who does not own the phrase

and #2, only 2 of the 3 names listed made "music".. the Big Bopper is a Clown, who should not be spoken of in the same terms as Valens and Holly. fuck, Waylon Jennings should have been on the plane, but let the ill Big Bopper have his seat. had Jennings kept his seat, I could go with Feb. 3, 1959 being the day the music died.

but even if I cede to your definition.. Michael Jackson had a quarter century of big music success, those other guys had no more than 2 years! Valens was 17 years old. Holly had about 2 strong years, but had already left the Crickets, so his future was not necessarily looking good. consider that Elvis, Jerry Lee Lewis, Little Richard, and other early rock and rollers were fading fast at that time. the Big Bopper was a God Damn Clown.. "Chantilly Lace"? please.. history tells us Waylon Jennings had a successful career later on, but Ol' Waylon missed the old plane, which leaves June 25, 2009 the day the music died
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 11:59 AM   #19
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Encounters: 127

You can also take a broader view of what Mclean meant when he coined the phrase, “the day the music died”. In quick succession (not listed in order), you had Holly’s death, Jerry Lee’s and Chuck Berry’s legal problems, Little Richard finding religion, and Elvis getting drafted. Pretty much all of rock and roll royalty was off the grid by the close of the decade.
TinMan is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2019, 01:08 PM   #20
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
You can also take a broader view of what Mclean meant when he coined the phrase, “the day the music died”. In quick succession (not listed in order), you had Holly’s death, Jerry Lee’s and Chuck Berry’s legal problems, Little Richard finding religion, and Elvis getting drafted. Pretty much all of rock and roll royalty was off the grid by the close of the decade.
You are right, and rock stayed in the gutter until the Beatles came along. You can make a case for the Beach Boys, but other than their landmark album Pet Sounds, I think all of that surfer shit sucked donkey balls.
Old 06-26-2019, 02:14 PM   #21
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Their lead-up to Pet Sounds was good, too. Sorta their versions of the Rubber Soul/Revolver tandem. Too bad Brian went off the deep-end before he could make Smile his version of Sgt Pepper.
Old 06-26-2019, 06:14 PM   #22
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Look-at-Stupid View Post
You are right, and rock stayed in the gutter until the Beatles came along. You can make a case for the Beach Boys, but other than their landmark album Pet Sounds, I think all of that surfer shit sucked donkey balls.
the Beatles may have helped jump-start rock again, but their early stuff is crap.. people didn't realize it then, and only a few of us seem to understand that now

the Beach Boys' surfer shit was good surfer shit. of course they got much better, after they went from surfer shit to race car shit

I would make the case for the Animals, Rolling Stones, and the Who for starting rock back up.. compare their early output to the Beatles, they are rock, to the Beatles' "pop". McCartney wanted to hold your hand, while Eric Burdon was growling about New Orleans Whorehouses. the Who hoped they wouldn't die before they got old, while Lennon was whining "help, I need somebody, help"!

but back to Michael Jackson.. what an ultimate fuck you it was, when he outbid McCartney for the Beatles publishing rights.
Old 06-26-2019, 08:16 PM   #23
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Oh, the Beatles early stuff was fine, for its time. Someone had to bring rock and roll back from the dead, or we would have been stuck with Pat Boone and Fabian.

I don’t spend a lot of time listening to “With the Beatles” or “Please Please Me”, which were chock full of covers in any event, but “A Hard Day’s Night” is still a great rock and roll record. And there is nothing wrong with “Help”.

The first few Stones albums ain’t exactly “Exile on Main Street”, either.
Old 06-26-2019, 10:31 PM   #24
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
the Beatles may have helped jump-start rock again, but their early stuff is crap.. people didn't realize it then, and only a few of us seem to understand that now

the Beach Boys' surfer shit was good surfer shit. of course they got much better, after they went from surfer shit to race car shit

I would make the case for the Animals, Rolling Stones, and the Who for starting rock back up.. compare their early output to the Beatles, they are rock, to the Beatles' "pop". McCartney wanted to hold your hand, while Eric Burdon was growling about New Orleans Whorehouses. the Who hoped they wouldn't die before they got old, while Lennon was whining "help, I need somebody, help"!

but back to Michael Jackson.. what an ultimate fuck you it was, when he outbid McCartney for the Beatles publishing rights.
You forgot The Kinks in your real rock taxonomy. But otherwise, well done.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:24 AM   #25
TinMan
The Grey Knight

Yeah, I had thought of bringing them up, too, a little earlier. Definitely belong in the pantheon, although so-called purists might gripe about some of their late 60s work as not being “rock” enough. Ray Davies was kind of like McCartney in his affection for older pop music styles. Brilliant, under-appreciated writer, though.
Old 06-27-2019, 07:55 AM   #26
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TinMan View Post
Oh, the Beatles early stuff was fine, for its time. Someone had to bring rock and roll back from the dead, or we would have been stuck with Pat Boone and Fabian.

I don’t spend a lot of time listening to “With the Beatles” or “Please Please Me”, which were chock full of covers in any event, but “A Hard Day’s Night” is still a great rock and roll record. And there is nothing wrong with “Help”.

The first few Stones albums ain’t exactly “Exile on Main Street”, either.
I am with you Tinman, while some of the early Beatles stuff sucked, most all of the Stones stuff did. And Pat Boone? Oh jeebus please!!!!

I did not like the Animals either, or the Kinks. Are there two worse songs a cover band can do than Lola and House of the Rising sun? And this is coming from a former pro musician. Annd the originals are not that great either.
Old 06-27-2019, 10:56 AM   #27
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
I am with you Tinman, while some of the early Beatles stuff sucked, most all of the Stones stuff did. And Pat Boone? Oh jeebus please!!!!
give me "the last time", and "not fade away" over any early Beatles song.. even if the latter was the Stones borrowing Buddy Holly who ripped off Bo Diddley. the song is good, that's the important thing.

Pat Boone? at least he wore being "square" as a Badge. unlike others of his genre, he never tried to break away from his image (like, say, Donny Osmond did, when he grew a beard, and wore jeans with holes). Boone wrote this song alone, AFAIK, the only song writing credit he ever received. it is an absolute riot. an "antiwar protester" protest song masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpD4RDd7pDs
Old 06-27-2019, 12:17 PM   #28
Look-at-Stupid
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chung Tran View Post
give me "the last time", and "not fade away" over any early Beatles song.. even if the latter was the Stones borrowing Buddy Holly who ripped off Bo Diddley. the song is good, that's the important thing.

Pat Boone? at least he wore being "square" as a Badge. unlike others of his genre, he never tried to break away from his image (like, say, Donny Osmond did, when he grew a beard, and wore jeans with holes). Boone wrote this song alone, AFAIK, the only song writing credit he ever received. it is an absolute riot. an "antiwar protester" protest song masterpiece.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpD4RDd7pDs
Sorry my friend, but I would rather have bamboo shoots stuck up my fingernails than listen to anything by Pat Boone.
Old 06-27-2019, 12:36 PM   #29
Chung Tran
BANNED

Quote:
Sorry my friend, but I would rather have bamboo shoots stuck up my fingernails than listen to anything by Pat Boone.
I will convict Boone of this.. the fact that his Daughter was super bland, worse than himself! at least Johnny Cash and Nat Cole sired daughters with musical talent.

interestingly (or not), Marvin Gaye and Elvis had daughters who recorded albums that were wretched. Michael Jackson married Lisa-Marie before she ever recorded an album, so she leeched from 2 famous relationships, and still bombed.
Old 06-27-2019, 01:58 PM   #30
TinMan
The Grey Knight

My least favorite early Stones hit is “I Wanna Be Your Man”. Chung, I expect you to appreciate the irony of that statement.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women