Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Questions for the Staff - Dallas
Questions for the Staff - Dallas Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59850
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47429
pyramider46370
bambino40275
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35149
Mojojo33117

Old 04-26-2013, 05:45 PM   #16
Duke of G
Ambassador

Encounters: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantSurprise View Post
...Perhaps every single person that responded should get infraction points. Technically.
They didn't do it after the warning. Pointing them before a warning would be "heavy handed." And while you admit to not having seen my post (due to us posting at the same time) you failed to edit your post as you did with this one.

You also came at this from a confrontational point in public, instead of via PM. (You decided to PM much after this) That doesn't really speak of any sort of compromise. You chose how you wanted to handle this. There were other ways that might have gotten better/different results.

Quote:
I am trying to figure out why the thread is still open. If the OP only wants PM's, why are moderators leaving the thread open? Are mods leaving it open because it is ok for us to respond, or what?
It's still open because you are working in hobby-time and think the mods sit in overwatch over all threads. We don't. I was out of touch besides a phone, and couldn't close the foolishness that is happening. Also, instead of closing it, we can just point people until they correct their behavior. Which do you think works better for the long run?

I'm sorry you don't like your points. You were the first to come along after a very specific piece of guidance regarding ISO threads. You ignored it, or chose to keep it, and still try to defend it. All of which earned you the infraction.

Funny part is, yourself came along, also hijacked, also got points, but then saw where he was wrong. He edited his post and his points were reveresed.

And please don't play coy that your questions were "helpful" or trying to seek out someone for the OP.

Quote:
I could call you stupid and many other names, but calling you names accomplishes nothing
Quote:
I think it is a stupid fucking idea, very unsafe, and is asking for trouble.
The above was your real message. Couching it in other language to soften it doesn't change the message.

Oh, and if guidline #6 doesn't apply, #1 does, and you'd still have 5 points for Unnecessary Rudeness.
Duke of G is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:35 AM   #17
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Elisabeth,

Sorry for the mispelling. I bet I have done that a hundred times or more. My cousin spells her name with a "Z" and a good friend of mine the same, so I tend to migrate to that spelling. Perhaps PS does have a redeeming quality after all.

TC
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:01 AM   #18
Crock
Upgraded Male Account

Encounters: 44

Quote:
...beneficial to provide a link to the point system...
This is a good idea. I hear people mention points all the time, but, other than knowing they are a way of recording infractions, I have no idea what they are or what they do. I don't even know how one would discover that they had been given points.
Crock is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 09:23 AM   #19
Duke of G
Ambassador

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crock View Post
This is a good idea. I hear people mention points all the time, but, other than knowing they are a way of recording infractions, I have no idea what they are or what they do. I don't even know how one would discover that they had been given points.
In short, if you accumulate enough points, your account is automatically banned for 90 days. Different infractions carry different amounts of points. We don't publish the amount needed to ban, simply to prevent people from "gaming the system." Points also expire after a certain period of time.

If you receive a warning or infraction, you will be notified via private message.

Our goal isn't to ban people. The points system just keeps track of members that refuse to follow the rules. The vast majority of members have zero points or very few. It takes a lot of bad behavior to self-ban.
Old 04-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #20
Tiger Woods
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
The requests and ISOs forum is a specialized forum. It isn't a place to have discussions or opinions about the subject matter, unless that the original poster asked for feedback.

This was the topic:

There is nothing ambiguous about the request, and nowhere does it say that he wants feedback on how hobbyists and providers feel about his choice. If you aren't a provider offering it, why would you reply to that thread? As a matter of fact, if there were providers offering the service, they are likely sending him offers by private messages.

Rule#6 applies to topics that are open for discussion. This ISO isn't in that category. Had this been a discussion in Coed Discussions, everything would have been OK. There are multiple forums on the site where discussions are welcome. The ISO forum isn't one of them, and most people replying there are hijacking threads in most cases.
Not true.

Some mods see it differently, some mods love to point people.

I rec'd points in the Coed section for this infraction, folder doesn't matter, but the Mod does. remember Chipper? That dude like handing out points like Skittles at Halloween. Duke of G is like that.
Tiger Woods is offline   Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #21
Duke of G
Ambassador

Actually, Tiger...for this specific topic at this specific time...yes there are points being handed out. You KNEW better, and you hijacked it anyway. You have several warnings, and know the state of the current issue, so why be that guy?

I don't really care so much about the points. But the constant derailment and lack of respect for others' topics makes the board less friendly.

Sorry you don't see it that way.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women