Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > Questions for the Staff - Dallas
Questions for the Staff - Dallas Ask questions of your local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47437
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 04-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #1
PleasantSurprise
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 183008
Default Pathetic receipt of Infraction Points

I think I am going to take a break from eccie. Thank you Nastymonk and ElisabethWhispers for your responses. I appreciate your input.
PleasantSurprise is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:36 PM   #2
Nastymonk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 39

Pretty simple the way I read the rule. Either you respond to his post offering your services for said request or point him to someone that may offer him services for said request or say nothing at all.... Anything else would be considered a derailing... And yours isn't the only one that could qualify for derailing if you ask me.
Technically any post that doesn't answer his thread directly could be considered a violation.

Of course this is all just my opinion on the matter.
Nastymonk is offline   Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 11:37 PM   #3
ElisabethWhispers
Female

User ID: 863
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Perhaps I can share just a few thoughts with you.

First, this is the ISO section (In Search Of) and so it's highly possibly that a Dallas moderator will move this to the "Ask a Mod" forum or another one that is more suited to this question/discussion.

Second, when you're new, it's really best to get a good feel of a board. Read its guidelines. Get the vibe of the place. And also, recognize that different forums are going to send off a different feel.

And although there is much more to write, if you're not happy with the points that you received, then you can always write the moderator and explain to him that you just weren't clear on the rules of the road in the ISO section. It IS easy to get a bit confused while learning the board.

Perhaps if you address your concerns with the moderator involved, he'll share with you his thoughts and who knows? He may or may not change the points.

Also, since you're not a sex worker yet (just what I gleaned from your profile), you may be reading these topics and really not have a clear understanding of some of them like people who have had some time here under their belt.

For example, the topic in which you were participating in and got points: The original poster (OP) is often someone who stirs things up. And he stirs hard and can often be a difficult member. So if you had known that, you would have figured out that he was, once again, stirring the pot. You would have ignored the topic.

At any rate, let me welcome you to Eccie. It's a wonderful place and might I suggest that you visit MY favorite part of Eccie? Another Realm. It's a warm place to share alternative meanderings and ask questions and also provide answers to quandaries as well.

It's late and I'm rattling. Hope this helped.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
ElisabethWhispers is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:00 AM   #4
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by PleasantSurprise View Post
I think I am going to take a break from eccie. This is probably how select moderators make their jobs easier, by scaring off those that actually bring value to the board. Thank you Nastymonk and ElisabethWhispers for your responses.
I noticed that you changed your original message. Instead of having your feelings hurt because of a misunderstanding, why don't you get to know the board a bit longer?

I don't believe that any moderator is trying to scare you off. And I also think that this posting is just you letting off some steam because you're irritated. (By the way, thanks for spelling my name with the s. That rarely happens with most!)

I've participated in a LOT of boards like this one and there is always a bit of an adjustment to learning about a new board. If this is an avenue that you're personally perusing, I cannot think of a better place to learn and get to know a few others who are perhaps more kindred spirits than you've found thus far.

Just a thought! (And the Kansas City metro area folks are just great! They really are!)

Best,
Elisabeth
Old 04-26-2013, 07:17 AM   #5
steviewinwood
Valued Poster

Encounters: 32

I get points/warnings all the time. Just roll with it.
steviewinwood is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:03 AM   #6
Duke of G
Ambassador

Encounters: 20

PleasantSurprise, you failed to read the post IMMEDIATELY before yours. I posted a clear, conscise warning about taking an ISO in another direction.

You are 100% allowed to disagree with someone's opinion on BBFS and their ISO. But you can discuss it over in the co-ed forum.

You were insulting and hijacking, right after a post warning not to do so.

Nastymonk: the warning came because of the other derailing posts above mine. A general, public warning was chosen because these threads ALWAYS get hijacked and become "I cannot believe how stupid/dangerous this is" threads. While those comments are accurate, they don't belong in ISO. Period.

If you replaced "BBFS" with "Golden Showers" or "Fisting" no one would have any more right to comment that the OP is dangerous, stupid or anything else. Unless a topic is forbidden by site guidlines, no one has a right to hijack an ISO simply because they don't partake in a particular behavior.

@steve: don't come on this thread and troll for you own points. That won't be tolerated either.

I'm also moving this to the Ask Staff forum, not ISO.
Duke of G is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 09:36 AM   #7
PleasantSurprise
Pending Age Verification

Duke, I did not fail to read any posts. At the time which I BEGAN typing my post, yours was a nothing, your post did not yet even exist.

I have no qualms with members that stir the pot in discussion. I only have a problem with the moderators who claim something is off topic and disrespectful with very little ground to stand. Blatant and obvious is one thing, but this was a petty distribution of points in my opinion.

I did and still do find my post to be on topic and respectful.

Here is the rule:
#6 - Respect the topics presented by those who start a thread. Attempts to derail a thread or change it's direction is referred to as thread hijack and will be discouraged. Attempts to guide a thread in the right direction are appreciated, while responses to posts which hijack a thread are not.

In a respectful manner I asked the OP questions directly related to his topic, questions of which answering may get him a more desirable response.
Old 04-26-2013, 11:28 AM   #8
Matador
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

The requests and ISOs forum is a specialized forum. It isn't a place to have discussions or opinions about the subject matter, unless that the original poster asked for feedback.

This was the topic:

Quote:
Looking for BBFS with white or hispanic girl only. Cum in pussy not important. PM rate and part of town you are in. Thanks.
There is nothing ambiguous about the request, and nowhere does it say that he wants feedback on how hobbyists and providers feel about his choice. If you aren't a provider offering it, why would you reply to that thread? As a matter of fact, if there were providers offering the service, they are likely sending him offers by private messages.

Rule#6 applies to topics that are open for discussion. This ISO isn't in that category. Had this been a discussion in Coed Discussions, everything would have been OK. There are multiple forums on the site where discussions are welcome. The ISO forum isn't one of them, and most people replying there are hijacking threads in most cases.
Matador is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 12:50 PM   #9
PleasantSurprise
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
This was the topic: "Looking for BBFS with white or hispanic girl only. Cum in pussy not important. PM rate and part of town you are in. Thanks."

There is nothing ambiguous about the request, and nowhere does it say that he wants feedback........
You are right, nowhere does the OP say he wants feedback or that he wants anyone to respond in the form of a post. He tells us to PM him directly. Perhaps every single person that responded should get infraction points. Technically.

I am trying to figure out why the thread is still open. If the OP only wants PM's, why are moderators leaving the thread open? Are mods leaving it open because it is ok for us to respond, or what?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matador View Post
Rule#6 applies to topics that are open for discussion. This ISO isn't in that category.
Interesting. The ISO I responded to is not a category open for discussion AND Rule#6 applies to topics that are open for discussion. The way I read this, you are telling me Rule #6 does not apply.

Thank you for helping me understand the rule. Now that you have thrown out Rule #6, I would like to challenge the grounds for the infraction points I was given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of G View Post
PleasantSurprise, you failed to read the post IMMEDIATELY before yours.
This is quite the statement Duke, a statement of pure assumption. Would you like to retract that statement?
Old 04-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #10
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Default A few thoughts off of the top of my head ...

In the grand scheme of things, getting a few points isn't the worse thing that can happen. In times past, I've been pointed, banned, banned from another board, pointed again and I've lived through it.

Shake it off and go forward. Angst in the form of irritation such as this one is bad for your heart.

And in the meantime, why don't you share a little bit about yourself to us? Maybe start a new topic in the welcome wagon? Or in coed since you're not really a working woman? Not yet.

I will say that you're one of the most articulate new members that I've come across in a very long time. Also, your word usage is excellent and the ability to debate is fantastic.

You do make me curious.

Sincerely,
Elisabeth
Old 04-26-2013, 01:37 PM   #11
guest043013-2
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

PS,

You really need to take a break from this. Why, you ask?

1. You really don't have a leg to stand on. Trying to use double speak and twist words around will not make your argument hold any water. This is not a court with rules of law. This is freakin' whore board. (I say that with the utmost respect to the ladies here.) I think the legal term to be considered here is this is a court of equity.

2. No one really cares about your points. Really, none of us give a rat's ass. You are wasting band width.

3. Without getting into too much detail on your complaint, BBFS has been discussed ad nauseum here. There is a sticky thread here where you are more than welcome to pontificate.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=296373

It has been over a month it appears since anyone rattled the chain there, it is way overdue. Have at it.

4. If you had paid attention to the topic around here, and maybe done a little research, you would realize that the type of thread that you were rewarded with your points on is probably one of the highest point - gaining threads around. (Competes with any thread that eventually revolved around Tara or Kitty Lamour, I would guess.)

5. You got some points, big deal. You haven't been banned, given a temporary vacation, or had to pay a fine. You are free to move about the website and make a nuisance of yourself. Sure, keep up the misbehavior, and you could eventually find yourself with a vacation.

6. The mods are a non-paid position. They don't receive anything in exchange for having to deal with the likes of you. And somewhere in the rules there is an allowance for points or vacations for people who insist upon being an ass and making work for the mods. Be thankful I am not a mod, cuz you would have gotten extra points by now for your insistence on creating work.

OK, I will step down from the soapbox and go try to enjoy the weekend. Why don't you do the same?

(You really should reread Elizabeth's comments. She knows I hate to say this , but she made a lot of good points in it.)

EDIT: Looks like EW posted something while I was typing. She's probably a much swifter typist than me. She is obviously a whole lot nicer than me.
guest043013-2 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 03:33 PM   #12
PleasantSurprise
Pending Age Verification

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigercat View Post
PS,

You really need to take a break from this. Why, you ask?

1. You really don't have a leg to stand on. Trying to use double speak and twist words around will not make your argument hold any water. This is not a court with rules of law. This is freakin' whore board. (I say that with the utmost respect to the ladies here.) I think the legal term to be considered here is this is a court of equity.

2. No one really cares about your points. Really, none of us give a rat's ass. You are wasting band width.

3. Without getting into too much detail on your complaint, BBFS has been discussed ad nauseum here. There is a sticky thread here where you are more than welcome to pontificate.

http://eccie.net/showthread.php?t=296373

It has been over a month it appears since anyone rattled the chain there, it is way overdue. Have at it.

4. If you had paid attention to the topic around here, and maybe done a little research, you would realize that the type of thread that you were rewarded with your points on is probably one of the highest point - gaining threads around. (Competes with any thread that eventually revolved around Tara or Kitty Lamour, I would guess.)

5. You got some points, big deal. You haven't been banned, given a temporary vacation, or had to pay a fine. You are free to move about the website and make a nuisance of yourself. Sure, keep up the misbehavior, and you could eventually find yourself with a vacation.

6. The mods are a non-paid position. They don't receive anything in exchange for having to deal with the likes of you. And somewhere in the rules there is an allowance for points or vacations for people who insist upon being an ass and making work for the mods. Be thankful I am not a mod, cuz you would have gotten extra points by now for your insistence on creating work.

OK, I will step down from the soapbox and go try to enjoy the weekend. Why don't you do the same?

(You really should reread Elizabeth's comments. She knows I hate to say this , but she made a lot of good points in it.)

EDIT: Looks like EW posted something while I was typing. She's probably a much swifter typist than me. She is obviously a whole lot nicer than me.

Thank you for telling me what you think I need to do. Unfortunately, it's not going to happen. Or maybe your intent was to get me to stay, using reverse psychology. If that was your intent, great job. We all need motivation at times.

1. I pick legs to stand on. If I want to stand, I will find a way.

2. Obviously someone does care about my points, you just spent however long critiquing me, and you wrote this thought out response, adding to the amount of trashed band width.

3. Thank you for the link to other BBFS discussions, but make sure you understand that I will only be a part of the discussions I feel like jumping into. I felt like responding to Stevie, and I did. Anywhere you see me is where I feel like being.

4. Are you telling me to research a whore board prior to my each and every post? Are you out of your mind? I'm not a client and I'm not a provider and I'm sure as hell not going to avoid the threads that generally gain most points.

5. In hockey, you can beat the shit out of a person and the repercussion is two minutes in a penalty box. If someone pissed me off enough, it just might be worth it. I'll decide how to carry myself, and I'm sure you will do likewise.

6. I know mods are non-paid and I am already thankful you aren't a mod, because mods are the only ones that can give points because they are "offended" or don't want to justify something.

Ps. It would seem more beneficial to provide a link to the point system, than the link you provided in your rant #3.

(Thanks for reminding me to read the post with all the good points in it. Elizabeth is spelled with an s.)

She is a lot nicer than both of us and I appreciate the value she adds to the threads where she posts. I can hardly believe her post was 8 minutes before yours, and you didn't see it before typing yours. You are lucky she wasn't a mod reminding us to stay on topic. I must not be the only one here with slow keystrokes.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
PleasantSurprise
Pending Age Verification

Tired of beating a dead horse. Have stated my position and it's probably best to agree to disagree.

As the original poster, I would like to ask for this thread to be closed because I agree with tigercat that this is a waste of band width and also I want people to enjoy their weekends without flaming this fire.
Old 04-26-2013, 03:47 PM   #14
shooter6.5
Premium Access

Encounters: 1

I must tell you=I enjoy this thread. Think about the old days when we all would have just told each other to go f*** off. Things have changed. All of these responses have been well written and mostly on topic.

The old days when I was more active are gone. The art of lust has become somewhat more civilized.

Good for everyone!!
shooter6.5 is offline   Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 04:02 PM   #15
ElisabethWhispers
Female

My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooter6.5 View Post
... The art of lust has become somewhat more civilized.
I can assure you that the art of lust is still mostly (on very good days!) very uncivilized when speaking of the physicality of it all. In the most gentlemanly sense of the word but the art of sensuality and all that goes with it is mostly best when ... raw and giving.

It's always such a joy when I see you post ... you know, other than in years past (many years past) when you were trying to ban me on that other board. Permanently.

Best regards with a very soft feminine laugh,
Elisabeth

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women