Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Other US Hotspots > Mississippi > The Sandbox-Mississippi
The Sandbox-Mississippi The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160564
Yssup Rider59923
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47542
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 10-05-2011, 05:56 PM   #1
coast_encounter
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11
Default Steve Jobs

I just saw where he passed away. Bummer
coast_encounter is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:35 PM   #2
lowgear
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

He was a very brilliant man,he picked the ceo before he died,tim cook from robertsdale al,wallstreet said apple would never grow without Steve Jobs. RIP
lowgear is offline   Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 06:56 PM   #3
JustaGuyinMS
Ambassador

Encounters: 116

I think Jobs was a very brave man, as well as a brilliant one. If Cook follows Jobs' lead and credo, Apple will do fine. Just think of how well off we'd all be if Apple had the market share that Microsoft does - Jobs never accepted Gates' "good enough" policy that allows software to go out full of bugs.

Hate it that he is gone.

JaG
JustaGuyinMS is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #4
vicinms
Ambassador

Encounters: 49

I heard it was pancreas cancer - that proves money can't buy good health!

As far as Apple doing fine, I wouldn't be so sure! The new Androids are already dipping into the I-Phone market and now Amazon has announced their new Kindle Fire, which looks like it will hurt their I-Pad market.
http://www.amazon.com/Kindle-Fire-Co...pf_rd_i=507846
vicinms is offline   Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 PM   #5
lowgear
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

Before he died they said apple would not be shit without him,same as when he got fired from apple,the company almost went broke.Steve Jobs was apple. RIP
lowgear is offline   Quote
Old 10-07-2011, 03:07 AM   #6
bluffcityguy
Permanently retired

Encounters: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by vicinms View Post
I heard it was pancreas cancer - that proves money can't buy good health!
Maybe. However, Steve fucked himself over as well:
Quote:
Most pancreatic cancers are aggressive and always terminal, but Steve was lucky (if you can call it that) and had a rare form called an islet cell neuroendocrine tumor, which is actually quite treatable with excellent survival rates — if caught soon enough. The median survival is about a decade, but it depends on how soon it’s removed surgically. Steve caught his very early, and should have expected to survive much longer than a decade. Unfortunately Steve relied on a diet instead of early surgery. There is no evidence that diet has any effect on islet cell carcinoma. As he dieted for nine months, the tumor progressed, and took him from the high end to the low end of the survival rate.

Why did he do this? Well, outsiders like us can’t know; but many who avoid medical treatment in favor of unproven alternatives do so because they’ve been given bad information, without the tools or expertise to discriminate good from bad. Steve was exposed to such bad information, as are we all.

Eventually it became clear to all involved that his alternative therapy wasn’t working, and from then on, by all accounts, Steve aggressively threw money at the best that medical science could offer. But it was too late. He had a Whipple procedure. He had a liver transplant. And then he died, all too young.
http://skeptoid.com/blog/2011/10/05/...ating-illness/

I read somewhere in passing that Jobs's distrust of conventional medicine stemmed from his Buddhist religious beliefs. I have no way of knowing if that's true or false; it's just one potential explanation for why he took the course of action he did.

He may have been a genius in some areas, but when it came to his health he was incredibly stupid. Sadly.

Cheers,

bcg
bluffcityguy is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women