Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40282
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35161
Mojojo33117

Old 06-26-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Barleycorn View Post
It was only recently that I thought the whole ball of wax had arrived; the surrveilance, the systematic targeting, the thugs, the extortion, the government oversight, and the wholesale collection of our thoughts and words. That is new.
New to you. Not to Richard Nixon and Lyndon Johnson, et seq.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:07 PM   #17
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Yes. We adapt to changing circumstances by allowing more and more government control over our lives. That is called "tyranny".

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 09:13 PM   #18
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Yes. We adapt to changing circumstances by allowing more and more government control over our lives. That is called "tyranny".
I've got a great idea! Why don't you pay a visit to the "tyranny" government that operates out of Beautiful Downtown Damascus and let us know how it compares to our form of government.

Send us a report in about 10 years and let us know how things are going!

Adios MoFo!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:19 PM   #19
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
I've got a great idea! Why don't you pay a visit to the "tyranny" government that operates out of Beautiful Downtown Damascus and let us know how it compares to our form of government.

Send us a report in about 10 years and let us know how things are going!

Adios MoFo!
COG might have a tough time with that one. If he prefers an expat experience of a different type, may I suggest Mogadishu? There's virtually no tax or regulatory burden of any kind. You can open up almost any type of business anywhere at any time, and it's generally fairly easy to avoid all those pesky police departments and intelligence agencies, especially if you have a few bucks in your pocket. Just be sure to have a couple of guys with .50 caliber machine guns stationed around your home or business 24/7 and you're good to go!

Now that sounds like an anarchist's paradise!

Texas Contrarian is online now   Quote
Old 06-26-2013, 10:24 PM   #20
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Nice find, Captain!

Hey Hanoi COG, in case you might have missed it. This ones for you!

Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:13 AM   #21
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

This is the problem with this discussion. The leftists will lie about what the conservatives really believe and stand for (see above) and the mindless will cheer and follow along (see Tex). Despite what you may have been told or imagined conservatives don't hate "government" but we do mistrust this government and have no use for government that has grown too large and intrusive as it is now. This country would do so much more if the government was cut in half and the second half fired. As for taxes; we understand more than the left I think the value of taxes and the money that comes from our pockets because we spend and donate only OUR money. Leftists like to spend and procure other people's money. We don't like that so much money is floating around that the president can take $100 million dollar vacations on our dime. Or that government departments believe that they can hire Wolfgang Puck to cater office gathering? Or spend $750,000 for rent on a building that they already own. We know (mathematically) that our government would continue to run with only the money collected each month so why do we go into debt billions of dollars when we don't have to. That money has to be paid back at some point and we are the ones left holding the check.

FYI, I've already been to Somali and paid the price dipshit.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 03:47 AM   #22
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
When you began kindergarten and progressed through the 12th grade (I'm assuming you did), were you concerned about the "tyranny," or did you just blindly accept it?
Old 06-27-2013, 05:12 AM   #23
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Quote:
This is the problem with this discussion. The leftists will lie about what the conservatives really believe and stand for (see above) and the mindless will cheer and follow along (see Tex). Despite what you may have been told or imagined conservatives don't hate "government" but we do mistrust this government and have no use for government that has grown too large and intrusive as it is now. This country would do so much more if the government was cut in half and the second half fired. As for taxes; we understand more than the left I think the value of taxes and the money that comes from our pockets because we spend and donate only OUR money. Leftists like to spend and procure other people's money. We don't like that so much money is floating around that the president can take $100 million dollar vacations on our dime. Or that government departments believe that they can hire Wolfgang Puck to cater office gathering? Or spend $750,000 for rent on a building that they already own. We know (mathematically) that our government would continue to run with only the money collected each month so why do we go into debt billions of dollars when we don't have to. That money has to be paid back at some point and we are the ones left holding the check.

FYI, I've already been to Somali and paid the price dipshit.

You forgot the huge amount the congress spends on coffee and pastry's.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 08:40 AM   #24
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Wrong!

The problem with this discussion is that people like you are virtually incapable of understanding much of anything. In the first place, I'm not a "leftist." To wackos like you, though, I suppose that almost everyone seems like a lefty. No one said that conservatives "hate" government. But COG is an anarchist, not a conservative. Like many people, I do agree that government has, in a number of ways, become too large and intrusive. But unlike anarchists, I'm not in favor of virtually eliminating it entirely. Neither are others who don't hang out on the lunatic fringe.

Go back and read post #4 (by LexusLover). I know this may be well beyond your intellectual capacity, but try to understand it this time. Then a few points germane to this topic might dawn on you.

Any sentient individual should have concerns about government intrusiveness, and a robust debate thereon is called for. But lauding Edward Snowden as a patriot and American hero should be considered shamefully embarrassing. Patriots don't defect and/or hand over vital secrets to the likes of China and Russia.

And you actually teach, Barleycorn? If so, that creates quite an unfortunate state of affairs for your students. You're an abject embarrassment to the professoriate.
Old 06-27-2013, 09:16 AM   #25
CJ7
Valued Poster

about time for you to play their theme song again CM
CJ7 is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 09:28 AM   #26
CJOHN
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainMidnight View Post
Wrong!

The problem with this discussion is that people like you are virtually incapable of understanding much of anything. In the first place, I'm not a "leftist." To wackos like you, though, I suppose that almost everyone seems like a lefty. No one said that conservatives "hate" government. But COG is an anarchist, not a conservative. Like many people, I do agree that government has, in a number of ways, become too large and intrusive. But unlike anarchists, I'm not in favor of virtually eliminating it entirely. Neither are others who don't hang out on the lunatic fringe.

Go back and read post #4 (by LexusLover). I know this may be well beyond your intellectual capacity, but try to understand it this time. Then a few points germane to this topic might dawn on you.

Any sentient individual should have concerns about government intrusiveness, and a robust debate thereon is called for. But lauding Edward Snowden as a patriot and American hero should be considered shamefully embarrassing. Patriots don't defect and/or hand over vital secrets to the likes of China and Russia.

And you actually teach, Barleycorn? If so, that creates quite an unfortunate state of affairs for your students. You're an abject embarrassment to the professoriate.
Read post 4, you can add stealing spearm that ....talk about inside political power abuse... or just plant a spy in the industry
CJOHN is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 10:08 AM   #27
CJOHN
BANNED

Rider is this one of your song by fun
Did you get lock out heaven ass well
Do I have too open the gate for you...lol
Did I inspired you too write everybody talk...
What was that ASSUMPTION Johnny can create a world the way he like SO, you fucker with your political power started dzugging to create brain damage?
CJOHN is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:04 PM   #28
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Captain Midnight, go back and look at what you posted and then ask your question again. Look at that inflammatory cartoon and you have your answer.

As for being a leftist; you use their rhetoric when it suits you, you seem to share some of their beliefs, what else are we supposed to think about you.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 12:45 PM   #29
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
...you use their rhetoric when it suits you, .....
Both ends of the spectrum attempt to capture the "intellectual" and "social" high ground by using the same words to express their respective lofty goals .... the "nuts and bolts" are in the process and mechanisms sought to be employed in their attempt to accomplish them.

If they intend to actually accomplish them. An example:

"Obamacare" was touted as reducing expenditures ... but the REAL medicine was not to be taken until 2014 ... well after Obaminable's 2nd term election. The "open enrollment" is not "open" until October 1, 2013. Those who are seeking health care options still do not know how to select a plan, unless, of course, their employer has been exempted from the mandatory requirements of the legislation and more importantly the regulations.

Both ends want "affordable healthcare," but do both ends want to reduce spending?

So there is really nothing wrong about using similar if not the same words, what is wrong is doing so in a deceptive manner to obtain what one wants, delay the implementation, and then regulate what the planned desire was in the first place to benefit one side to the detriment of the other.
Old 06-27-2013, 01:15 PM   #30
Texas Contrarian
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Captain Midnight, go back and look at what you posted and then ask your question again. Look at that inflammatory cartoon and you have your answer.

As for being a leftist; you use their rhetoric when it suits you, you seem to share some of their beliefs, what else are we supposed to think about you.
No, you go back and consider what all of us posted within the pertinent context. Then you will realize that the target of that cartoon was simply an ignorant buffoon who lives in a bizarre fantasy world, not conservatives in general.

And I have lambasted several people on both ends of the ideological spectrum when they've posted ridiculous B.S. A few left-of-center forum participants can attest to that. Sorry, but I just don't suffer fools gladly. Especially stubborn, obnoxious ones with a penchant for spamming the forum with shit.

Speaking of fools, how about this?

http://www.eccie.net/showpost.php?p=...6&postcount=39

You're telling us that you are in the top 0.2 percent of the IQ distribution? Seriously? LMAO!

As I said earlier, Barleycorn, you seem incapable of understanding much of anything.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women