Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70390
biomed160338
Yssup Rider59857
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47442
pyramider46370
bambino40288
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35189
Mojojo33117

Old 10-12-2011, 09:03 PM   #1
CPT Savajo
Valued Poster

Encounters: 4
Default Herman Cain caught in BOLD debate LIE!!!

You people decide for yourselves from the latest debate! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5tUd...layer_embedded

http://www.infowars.com/fed-insider-...en-debate-lie/

Cain's motive is 999; depression, depression, depression!

"Read my lips, no new taxes." "I did not have sexual relations with that woman." "They have WMD." "I promise to end the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan and you can take that to the bank!" How many more decades of let downs do we have to endure?
CPT Savajo is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 10:28 PM   #2
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Oh, THAT lie. They discussed that on Bloomberg right after the debate. Very unimpressive. Also, I understand his 999 plan better than he does. It's a good plan in the wrong hands.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:39 PM   #3
thehobbydude
Account Disabled

Let's burden all the working class people with an 18% tax + local taxes. If you make $1,000,000 and you pay 9% in income tax, you're paying $90,000, but you are not likely to spend the remaining $910,000 consuming. so you're effectively paying less than someone making $40,000 who has to pay $3,600 in income tax and on top of that pay an additional $3,276 in the national sales tax + local taxes as you're more likely to spend every penny you make to live. Remember whether you make $1,000,000 or $40,000 you're not going to use more toilet paper when you go to the bathroom. That's where the fairness gets lost - people at the lower income brackets will be paying more as a percentage of their incomes than the top 5%. Talk about curbing consumption with the vast majority as people will stop consuming and spending to start pinching pennies. And remember that 70% of our economy is consumer driven so even the 51% that you claim don't pay taxes, still consume. With this plan, the consumption with the 51% in addition to the remaining of the working class will be greatly reduced. Get ready for a real depression folks, as for me, I'll be out of here as I'm multilingual. Good luck with the experiment!

P.S. Before you accuse me of being an Obama fan boy, I'm not. Both Dems and Republicans are in bed together and are screwing the American people. If you believe either party is better than the other, just look at the mess created over the last 30 years by both parties.
thehobbydude is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:43 PM   #4
TexTushHog
Professional Tush Hog.

Encounters: 7

If you don't think that one party is better than the other, look at the judges that each has appointed.
TexTushHog is offline   Quote
Old 10-12-2011, 11:45 PM   #5
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

I'm neither Republican or Democrat either. So you support the current tax system? Explain how it works, and how it can be made fair. Please cite to hundreds of Federal Register articles, and from the several thousand pages of regulations.

Please document how a 20%+ reduction in costs will make life harder for business, and keep prices high.

Explain how a good deal for everyone is bad if somehow, the rich do better too.

Don't discuss things you don't understand.
Old 10-12-2011, 11:46 PM   #6
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

TTH, that's the only area where the Republicans are generally better than the Democrats. Not by much, but a little.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:35 AM   #7
thehobbydude
Account Disabled

CuteOldGuy - How do you know I don't understand what I'm talking about? Do you know my credentials? My education? My experience? You were doing so well until your last line. All I'm saying is that Cain's proposal puts a higher burden on lower income people than higher income people.

If you can't debate without attacking, don't waste your time responding.
Old 10-13-2011, 12:44 AM   #8
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

LOL! 90% of the posts on here are attack posts. I can tell you don't understand by what you posted. I'm a retired tax attorney and CPA. What are your credentials?

I don't usually start off with an attack, so I will apologize. In fact, I never used to attack at all, but that is what being here for awhile will do to you. When I'm not so tired, I will try to explain it in a non confrontational manner. But in the meantime, consider this: If the Democrats and Republicans are working together to screw us, and we agree on that, why do we think their tax code is fair to anyone? The tax code is much less about revenue than it is POWER! It's simply a device to funnel tax breaks and cash to their cronies and contributors.

And I will try to be my nice self until you prove yourself to be an asshole. With one or two notable exceptions, I respect most everyone on this board, and most of my insults are meant tongue in cheek.
Old 10-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #9
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
I'm a retired tax attorney and CPA....

The tax code is much less about revenue than it is POWER! It's simply a device to funnel tax breaks and cash to their cronies and contributors.
Were you this vocal in your disdain for the tax code when you were making your living off of it?
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:38 AM   #10
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by thehobbydude View Post
... but you are not likely to spend the remaining $910,000 consuming. so you're effectively paying less than someone making $40,000 who has to pay $3,600 in income tax and on top of that pay an additional $3,276 in the national sales tax + local taxes as you're more likely to spend every penny you make to live.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thehobbydude View Post
... How do you know I don't understand what I'm talking about?
By your assumptions.

The socio/economic class warfare being generated and stirred up by Obaminable and his diehard loyalists is based on the premise that folks that are "millionaires" do not "spend" their money, but hoard it ... God knows where ... out of circulation ... so no other part of the society benefits from it. So, as you have done, to make your point and justify your conclusion, as Obaminable wants the "have nots" to believe, those "millionaires" (or "rich people") do not directly or indirectly contribute to others, either directly or indirectly, with at least part, if not all, of their income......and in many instances growth in their retirement funds, funds to buy vehicles, and the opportunity to use credit cards or obtain revolving credit to make purchases at merchants' places of business.

It is fairly well documented in history that leaders of countries in economic difficulty attempt to focus the attention of the working class on specific groups as the blame for the then current economic problems in an effort to "project" away from the leaders and rally support from the "have nots" to assure the leaders' continued role in the government.

Obaminable is taking a page out of the play book of most of the 2-bit dictators around the world who blame the U.S. for their shortcomings while they bask in the wealth they claim to have been stolen by the U.S.

The sad part is that one would think that the "intellectuals" in this country would see through that tactic and denounce his devisive ways.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:09 AM   #11
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
Were you this vocal in your disdain for the tax code when you were making your living off of it?

Take the Fifth on that one cutie!
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:35 AM   #12
thehobbydude
Account Disabled

LexusLover - Did you read my post? I don't like Obama, period. I was merely pointing out the downside of Cain's 999 plan on lower income families. It's basic math. You cannot tell me that a family of 4 making $1 million per year is more likely to put every single penny they make back into the economy than a family of 4 making $40k per year.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:16 AM   #13
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

WTF and Doove, actually I was. I told people that I would happily find another job if that monstrosity were repealed.

Hobbydude, what would the $!M earner do with the $910k? Probably not keep it in a mattress. Most likely it would be invested, which would lead to more consumption. At the very least, if he put it in a savings account, it would be loaned to consumers to spend.
Old 10-13-2011, 09:32 AM   #14
SkyDriver
Gaining Momentum

Encounters: 3
My ECCIE Reviews
Default Fair

First off ... the only fair you'll find in this life is where pigs and cows go to win blue ribbons. See above how both parties use the current tax code to reward their friends and punish their enemies. The 9% sales and income tax is partially offset by the elimination of the social security tax adding 15% to the paycheck. The reduction in corporate taxes to 9% will result in lower prices. If you are a static economist and believe greedy business will pocket the tax reduction difference rather than trying to be competitive in their pricing, my post means nothing to you. This is how Cain explains it. Personally I am against giving the feds access to sales tax and another revenue stream, but Cain says this is the first step on the way to the implementation of the Fair Tax.
SkyDriver is offline   Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 09:37 AM   #15
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Sky, don't forget the elimination of the compliance costs, and the 2/3 majority needed to raise the rates.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women