Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70385
biomed160299
Yssup Rider59854
gman4452869
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47437
pyramider46370
bambino40287
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35162
Mojojo33117

Old 11-22-2020, 09:28 AM   #1
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2
Default Donald Trump is Gutting the Republican Party

Exhibit 1, the 2018 election: This was a blowout in the House of Representatives. The Democrats picked up 41 seats and became the majority. At this time the economy was humming, on the way to the best GDP growth since 2005. But our president, the leader of the Republican Party, decides to obsess about the caravans from Central America and illegal immigration instead of the economy. That's not to mention his tweets and his inability to filter what comes out of his mouth. The election was a referendum on Trump, and in the House he lost.

Exhibit 2, Jeff Flake: Flake voted with Trump something like 93% of the time. He was a reliable small-government, low-tax Republican. He was not an admirer of Donald Trump, and made that known. Our president, being the narcissist that he is, made it impossible for Flake to win the Republican primary in 2018. Flake didn't even run. Martha McSally was the nominee. She wasn't a strong general-election candidate in what was becoming a purple state, and Krysten Sinema, the Democrat, was elected, giving the Democrats one more seat in the Senate.

Exhibit 3, Kelly Loeffler: Kelly Loeffler ran hard to the alt-right to beat Trump loyalist Doug Collins in the Georgia Senate jungle election, even touting her endorsement of QAnon crazy Marjorie Taylor Greene. This will not help Loeffler in the Georgia runoff. Then in order to avoid Trump's wrath, Kelly Loeffler and the other candidate in the Georgia runoffs, David Perdue, asked for the resignation of the Republican Secretary of State of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger. Why? Because Trump wants to overturn the Georgia election regardless of whether he lost and Raffensperger is standing in the way. This demand will not help Loeffler with independents and other swing voters. Furthermore, Loeffler now has Covid. Why? Perhaps because she believes she has to follow the example of President Trump to keep his supporters, which means no masks, no social distancing, and congregating with crowds indoors. This will make it harder for her to campaign. And it will turn off people who think Covid is the big issue this year.

Exhibit 4, The Future: Trump is gunning for Brian Kemp, governor of Georgia, because he hasn't been sufficiently compliant with Trump's desire to manipulate Georgia election results. Also Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, who hasn't exhibited the fealty that Trump craves. He will certainly support a primary challenger for DeWine, who's popular in Ohio. And may for Kemp. He'll be gunning for Lisa Murkowski in Alaska too, which I have mixed feelings about.
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 09:35 AM   #2
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Encounters: 41

Oh I hope so. I hope he totally destroys them. He’s off to a great start.
1blackman1 is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:00 AM   #3
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Good analysis, Tiny. Trump has always been about Trump, these sycophant Republicans wrongly calculated he was one of them.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 11:04 AM   #4
1blackman1
Valued Poster

They knew he wasn't one of them. They just did not care because all that mattered to them was getting the Supreme Court, stacking the courts with incompetents, and passing a tax cut.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:22 PM   #5
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
Exhibit 1, the 2018 election: This was a blowout in the House of Representatives. The Democrats picked up 41 seats and became the majority. At this time the economy was humming, on the way to the best GDP growth since 2005. But our president, the leader of the Republican Party, decides to obsess about the caravans from Central America and illegal immigration instead of the economy. That's not to mention his tweets and his inability to filter what comes out of his mouth. The election was a referendum on Trump, and in the House he lost.

Exhibit 2, Jeff Flake: Flake voted with Trump something like 93% of the time. He was a reliable small-government, low-tax Republican. He was not an admirer of Donald Trump, and made that known. Our president, being the narcissist that he is, made it impossible for Flake to win the Republican primary in 2018. Flake didn't even run. Martha McSally was the nominee. She wasn't a strong general-election candidate in what was becoming a purple state, and Krysten Sinema, the Democrat, was elected, giving the Democrats one more seat in the Senate.

Exhibit 3, Kelly Loeffler: Kelly Loeffler ran hard to the alt-right to beat Trump loyalist Doug Collins in the Georgia Senate jungle election, even touting her endorsement of QAnon crazy Marjorie Taylor Greene. This will not help Loeffler in the Georgia runoff. Then in order to avoid Trump's wrath, Kelly Loeffler and the other candidate in the Georgia runoffs, David Perdue, asked for the resignation of the Republican Secretary of State of Georgia, Brad Raffensperger. Why? Because Trump wants to overturn the Georgia election regardless of whether he lost and Raffensperger is standing in the way. This demand will not help Loeffler with independents and other swing voters. Furthermore, Loeffler now has Covid. Why? Perhaps because she believes she has to follow the example of President Trump to keep his supporters, which means no masks, no social distancing, and congregating with crowds indoors. This will make it harder for her to campaign. And it will turn off people who think Covid is the big issue this year.

Exhibit 4, The Future: Trump is gunning for Brian Kemp, governor of Georgia, because he hasn't been sufficiently compliant with Trump's desire to manipulate Georgia election results. Also Ohio Governor Mike DeWine, who hasn't exhibited the fealty that Trump craves. He will certainly support a primary challenger for DeWine, who's popular in Ohio. And may for Kemp. He'll be gunning for Lisa Murkowski in Alaska too, which I have mixed feelings about.

I thought the same thing, that Trump was ruining the Republican party but after this election, it looks like Trump only ruined himself. How else to explain how Republicans picked up House seats and the Democrats will have the smallest majority in recent history. And my prediction ( now ) is that Republicans will keep the Senate. If not, we'll have to dig up Don Meredith for a round of "turn out the lights, the party's over".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k

Trump may have failed but Republicans and their concerns about where these Democrats might be taking us, seem to be holding their own.

What's your best guess as to what the markets will do if Democrats win both Georgia House seats? I'd bet the markets won't like that one bit. I for one will reduce my risk considerably if the Democrats win.

But Hey! Maybe we can spend upwards of 10 trillion trying to recover from an economic disaster and the markets will just love all that "stimulus" spending.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:26 PM   #6
HedonistForever
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1blackman1 View Post
They knew he wasn't one of them. They just did not care because all that mattered to them was getting the Supreme Court, stacking the courts with incompetents, and passing a tax cut.

Amy Coney Barrett is incompetent? Something else an intelligent person would not say. I'm keeping a list and it's getting longer and longer.

Just because a SC Judge says they will apply the written words of the Constitution, doesn't make one incompetent, just different than how you might rule by just doing what ever you felt was right, the Constitution be damned.

I think "filling the court" would be more appropriate than "stacking the court". Stacking the court implies adding more than the current 9 members for the sole purpose of changing the political ideology of the court.

Sounds like the Democrats if they win both seats in Georgia will have to find at least 1 Republican to vote on increasing the court cause Joe Manchin says he will not vote for such a thing and I don't think he will be the only Democrat to take that position. It will be interesting to watch the Progressives do battle with the moderate Democrats, the ones that aren't bat shit crazy.
HedonistForever is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 12:39 PM   #7
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Firstly I don’t care about ACB. She’s smart. Never tried a case but whatever. It’s the lower court judges that are incompetent. Trump went about “filling” the courts with folks that have no trial experience, questionable legal credentials and were rated unqualified by the ABA.

HF, you’re starting to disappoint me. I used to at least think you weren’t dumb, just partisan and enthralled by Trump but it’s becoming more clear that I gave you too much credit.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:16 PM   #8
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post
I thought the same thing, that Trump was ruining the Republican party but after this election, it looks like Trump only ruined himself. How else to explain how Republicans picked up House seats and the Democrats will have the smallest majority in recent history. And my prediction ( now ) is that Republicans will keep the Senate. If not, we'll have to dig up Don Meredith for a round of "turn out the lights, the party's over".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CtGxusvUT3k

Trump may have failed but Republicans and their concerns about where these Democrats might be taking us, seem to be holding their own.

What's your best guess as to what the markets will do if Democrats win both Georgia House seats? I'd bet the markets won't like that one bit. I for one will reduce my risk considerably if the Democrats win.

But Hey! Maybe we can spend upwards of 10 trillion trying to recover from an economic disaster and the markets will just love all that "stimulus" spending.
I think your analysis is better than mine. I suspect if Biden hadn't swung so far to the left during the primaries, maybe the down ballot Republicans wouldn't have done as well.

As to the markets, your guess is as good as mine. I firmly believe that in the long term a Republican Senate is better for the markets and the economy. If Democrats had a large majority in the Senate you could count on higher taxes, more regulation, and bigger deficits. With Manchin in there maybe they can't get as aggressive as they'd like with a 50/50 split and Harris with deciding vote. If it's 52 Republicans and 48 Democrats I'll be a lot more comfortable. You've got a bit of cushion if Collins or Murkowski wants to raise taxes for example.

And like you say, in the short run, who knows, the market may like the stimulus spending
Tiny is online now   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 01:17 PM   #9
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by HedonistForever View Post

Sounds like the Democrats if they win both seats in Georgia will have to find at least 1 Republican to vote on increasing the court cause Joe Manchin says he will not vote for such a thing and I don't think he will be the only Democrat to take that position.
The rate at which Republican Senators are contracting Covid, suggests Manchin may end up irrelevant.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:28 PM   #10
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

Quote:
Quote:
Firstly I don’t care about ACB. She’s smart. Never tried a case but whatever. It’s the lower court judges that are incompetent. Trump went about “filling” the courts with folks that have no trial experience, questionable legal credentials and were rated unqualified by the ABA.

HF, you’re starting to disappoint me. I used to at least think you weren’t dumb, just partisan and enthralled by Trump but it’s becoming more clear that I gave you too much credit.
He posted supreme court then said he didnt! idc really, just another fart of the mouth from dbl zero!
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 11-22-2020, 03:45 PM   #11
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
He posted supreme court then said he didnt! idc really, just another fart of the mouth from dbl zero!
Dummy. Sentence structure matters. Fist in the series was getting the Supreme Court. Second in the series was stacking the courts (plural) with incompetents third in the series was passing tax cuts. Three totally separate things. I guess they didn’t teach you about that in GED classes.

I knew y’all were uneducated but you’re dumber than I thought.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:57 PM   #12
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Dummy. Sentence structure matters. Fist in the series was getting the Supreme Court. Second in the series was stacking the courts (plural) with incompetents third in the series was passing tax cuts. Three totally separate things. I guess they didn’t teach you about that in GED classes.

I knew y’all were uneducated but you’re dumber than I thought.
Sore loser! In your own words you still crawfish!
Typical dim!
Old 11-22-2020, 03:59 PM   #13
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Uh huh. Dummy.

Biden won the election and Trump is trying to ruin the Republican Party out of revenge. Love it.
Old 11-22-2020, 04:17 PM   #14
winn dixie
Premium Access

Quote:
Uh huh. Dummy.

Biden won the election and Trump is trying to ruin the Republican Party out of revenge. Love it.
Deflection!

The Republican Party is much stronger than Trump is!
Come jan he'll be gone!
And within 16 months dementia joe will be gone as well.
Old 11-22-2020, 06:32 PM   #15
1blackman1
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by winn dixie View Post
Come jan he'll be gone!
You’re conceding the election before Trump is. We agree. See even the devoutly proud racist can agree on something with the black guy from time to time.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women