Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Sandbox - National
The Sandbox - National The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70404
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 12-03-2011, 05:55 PM   #31
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by OliviaHoward View Post
That's what I said. I don't think anyone should be in the military without the right to vote. That would be very wrong. I think the age of majority should be 21. 18 is just too young to die for your country, vote or anything.
I suspect there is very little, if any, consensus to raise the minimum military enlistment age from 18 to 21. That being the case, an 18 year old should also have the right to vote. Whether they are in the military or not!

That's my story and I'm stickin' to it!
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:32 AM   #32
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF View Post
Our army has folks fighting in wars at 18...now you might say that is to young but if they can fight in a war they should be old enough to vote………..
I think the age of majority should be 21. No service, no voting, no drinking, no contracting, no nothing because you are still under your parents’ care. But how about this, if you’re in the service and 18 you can vote; if you aren’t in the service, you can’t.

Or maybe just landowners can vote....and only if they are in the military.

Quote:
That's what I said. I don't think anyone should be in the military without the right to vote. That would be very wrong. I think the age of majority should be 21. 18 is just too young to die for your country, vote or anything.
What you said was that you did not think 18 year olds should be in the military but if they were they were the only 18 year olds that should be able to vote.

I do not think you would even find 1% of the population that would agree with you on that.

You have a set age to vote. You do not put restrictions on it period.

You can go to work at 18 or school or join the military , I see no reason why that age gruop should be restricted from voting.

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 11:07 AM   #33
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:
Or maybe just landowners can vote....and only if they are in the military.

What you said was that you did not think 18 year olds should be in the military but if they were they were the only 18 year olds that should be able to vote.

I do not think you would even find 1% of the population that would agree with you on that.

You have a set age to vote. You do not put restrictions on it period.

You can go to work at 18 or school or join the military , I see no reason why that age gruop should be restricted from voting.

Actually, no you don't. The age of majority is not set nationally, and in many states the age of majority is a floating number. And age is just one of the restrictions on voting. You have to be resident of your district. You have to register to vote. You cannot vote while incarcerated. I'm sure there are other restrictions, but these are the ones that I came up with off the top of my head.

The age of majority in Montana is 21.

18 or graduation from high school, whichever is later
Arkansas
Ohio
Tennessee
Utah
Virginia

18, or if still in high school at 18, 19 or graduation, whichever comes sooner
Nevada
Wisconsin

I only offered the in the military at 18 tied to the vote as an alternative. I don't actually think that is a god idea. I think the age of majority should be 21 and no voting or military service until one reaches the age of majority. I think I was pretty clear that I think 18 is too young to vote or die for your country from the beginning, but if I didn't, I hope it is clear now.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:31 PM   #34
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
The age of majority in Montana is 21.

http://minors.uslegal.com/age-of-maj...-majority-law/

Minors – Age of Majority – Montana

Minors and adults defined.
(1) Minors are:
(a) males under 18 years of age;
(b) females under 18 years of age.
(2) All other persons are adults.
Title 41, Chap. 1, Part 1, §41-1-101
Periods of minority — how calculated.
The periods specified in 41-1-101 must be calculated from the first minute of the day on which persons are born to the same minute of the corresponding day completing the period of minority.
Title 41, Chap. 1, Part 1, §41-1-102

Quote:
I only offered the in the military at 18 tied to the vote as an alternative. I don't actually think that is a god idea. I think the age of majority should be 21 and no voting or military service until one reaches the age of majority. I think I was pretty clear that I think 18 is too young to vote or die for your country from the beginning, but if I didn't, I hope it is clear now.
Yes you made it clear that you thought it should be 21 but you put the but in your sentence and the following exception, "how about this, if you’re in the service and 18 you can vote; if you aren’t in the service, you can’t."
I only addressed that. If you have amended it now, fine. I'm not a mind reader though.

Quote:

I think the age of majority should be 21. No service, no voting, no drinking, no contracting, no nothing because you are still under your parents’ care. But how about this, if you’re in the service and 18 you can vote; if you aren’t in the service, you can’t.

Quote:
Actually, no you don't. The age of majority is not set nationally, and in many states the age of majority is a floating number. And age is just one of the restrictions on voting. You have to be resident of your district. You have to register to vote. You cannot vote while incarcerated. I'm sure there are other restrictions, but these are the ones that I came up with off the top of my head.

That's because it is generally legal for states to disenfranchise felons — the U.S. Constitution says so. (OK, not in so many words, but that's how the Supreme Court reads section two of the 14th Amendment.) Forty-eight states prohibit current inmates from voting, 36 keep parolees from the polls, 31 exclude probationers, and only two — Vermont and Maine — allow inmates to vote, according to the Sentencing Project, a liberal advocacy group in Washington, D.C

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...#ixzz1fblaSgbZ
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:41 PM   #35
Guest050715-1
Account Disabled

User ID: 2746

Quote:

Minors – Age of Majority – Montana

Minors and adults defined.
(1) Minors are:
(a) males under 18 years of age;
(b) females under 18 years of age.
(2) All other persons are adults.
Title 41, Chap. 1, Part 1, §41-1-101
Periods of minority — how calculated.
The periods specified in 41-1-101 must be calculated from the first minute of the day on which persons are born to the same minute of the corresponding day completing the period of minority.
Title 41, Chap. 1, Part 1, §41-1-102

Yes you made it clear that you thought it should be 21 but you put the but in your sentence and the following exception, "how about this, if you’re in the service and 18 you can vote; if you aren’t in the service, you can’t."
I only addressed that. If you have amended it now, fine. I'm not a mind reader though.

That's because it is generally legal for states to disenfranchise felons — the U.S. Constitution says so. (OK, not in so many words, but that's how the Supreme Court reads section two of the 14th Amendment.) Forty-eight states prohibit current inmates from voting, 36 keep parolees from the polls, 31 exclude probationers, and only two — Vermont and Maine — allow inmates to vote, according to the Sentencing Project, a liberal advocacy group in Washington, D.C

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...#ixzz1fblaSgbZ
My apologies, I picked up the wrong state. Mississippi is the state with the the age of majority as 21. Good bye.
Guest050715-1 is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #36
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
My apologies, I picked up the wrong state. Mississippi is the state with the the age of majority as 21. Good bye.
So would it be accurate to say that you lied? You didn't mean to but you did.

Futhermore you lied about not being able to vote whileincarcerated according to the article I referenced. Vermont and Maine, appear to let their inmates vote. I could further clarify and point out that in many states you can vote while incarcerated if you have yet to be convicted.

Now let us take a look at Mississippi. While the age of majority is 21 , if one took a look at all the exceptions, then I really do not understand why they still have that sham distinction. Maybe it is for your pleasure as it appears you are in the voice of minority on 18 year olds being able to vote in this country or better stated, not being able to vote.

Title 67, Chap. 3, §67-3-53(b). The age of eighteen (18) years shall be the age of majority of an executor, executrix, administrator or administratrix. In case letters testamentary or of administration shall be granted to any one under twenty-one (21) years, the bond executed by such person for the performance of the duties shall be as valid and binding as if such person were of full age.
Title 91, Chapter 7, § 91-7-37.
In this chapter (Trusts and Estates, Transfers to Minors):
“Adult” means an individual who has attained the age of twenty-one (21) years.
“Minor” means an individual who has not attained the age of twenty-one (21) years.
Title 91, Chapter 20, §91-20-3(a) and (k).
All persons eighteen (18) years of age or older, if not otherwise disqualified, or prohibited by law, shall have the capacity to enter into binding contractual relationships affecting personal property. Nothing in this section shall be construed to affect any contracts entered into prior to July 1, 1976.
In any legal action founded on a contract entered into by a person eighteen (18) years of age or older, the said person may sue in his own name as an adult and be sued in his own name as an adult and be served with process as an adult.
Title 93, Chapter 19, § 93-19-13.
Age of Majority
21 (§1-3-27
Emancipation
By petition, no minimum age specified (§93-19-3)
Contracts
18 for personal property; ratification must be signed in writing (§15-3-11)
Ability to Sue
18 to settle personal injury claims; married minor may file in marital matters; court appoints guardian ad litem (§11-21-3)
Consent to Medical Treatment
Not specified

WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 10:18 PM   #37
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

First of all, there is no "right to vote" guaranteed in the Constitution. Secondly, Olivia made a mistake, and you, WTF, accuse her of lying. You remain an idiot and a bully.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:02 AM   #38
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
First of all, there is no "right to vote" guaranteed in the Constitution..
What do you think the voting age should be? If you think it should be 21 you will be only the second person to think so.

What slippery slope restriction should we put on it?

Why can you and Olivia call names at will?....and others are bullying when responding in kind?

Quote:
. Secondly, Olivia made a mistake, and you, WTF, accuse her of lying. You remain an idiot and a bully.

And I said as much. But when I post misinformation, it is a lie. It does not matter if it was intentional or not. That does not make it true. "Oh, I didn't know I was lying , so it isn't lying."

If you post enough misinformation, jump to conclusions to many times, you become a liar. The chicken little sort. Enough misinformation and the truth get yawned at.

Quote:
So would it be accurate to say that you lied? You didn't mean to but you did.

Quote:

Futhermore, IMHO , Oliva has a history with me of not telling the truth. I never defended any child rapist. I defended the process of letting all the facts surface before rendering judgement.

Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

Tisk, tisk WTF - name calling? I expected better of you.

I've got one word for you - OJ. That murderer who got off even wrote a book. Yes, you are defending those that didn't defend a child against a predator rapist, and that rapist went on to rape other children after his true vile nature was known to very powerful people.

The bottom line is that the facts are out and no one is denying them. There's your wait and see. Peace bitch.

Quote:

Where, Daddy-O are you going to paraphrase my words that implies you are a supporter of child rape in the following text?

Originally Posted by OliviaHoward

.........................The way I see it that anyone that does not condemn, after hearing the facts that have come out, Paterno and the university’s actions of NOT reporting this to the POLICE – and Paterno’s boss doesn’t count as the police – is supporting and condoning child rape

See COG, I had defended JoePa, for going to his boss and reporting what was reported to him. So by Olivia own words.....I am therefore supporting and condoning child rape.

But you seem to think I am bullying her! She name calls with the best of them. She is a big girl and does not need your defending.
WTF is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:15 AM   #39
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Give it up, WTF. You are an intellectual midget.
CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 08:21 AM   #40
WTF
Lifetime Premium Access

Default I never said I was smarter than anyone

Quote:
Give it up, WTF. You are an intellectual midget.
Quit bullying me...
WTF is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women