Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70421
biomed160589
Yssup Rider59937
gman4452935
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47559
pyramider46370
bambino40328
CryptKicker37083
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35390
Mojojo33117

Old 03-24-2019, 08:58 AM   #31
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I read the same article Barlycorn did. Politico is predicting a 2020 win for Trump. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt,ya know!
Great. Then I assume from now on, you and your pompom shaking t.rump cheerleaders will believe whatever you read in Politico.

Let’s just test that, Ellen.

Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:01 AM   #32
The_Waco_Kid
AKA ULTRA MAGA Gurl

Encounters: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post
Great. Then I assume from now on, you and your pompom shaking t.rump cheerleaders will believe whatever you read in Politico.

Let’s just test that, Ellen.

your assumptions are wrong.

MAGA Dance

The_Waco_Kid is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:02 AM   #33
winn dixie
Premium Access

Encounters: 22

You go Maga Gurl
winn dixie is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 09:27 AM   #34
LexusLover
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedRacerXXX View Post
Trump, if he continues on his current course, can be beaten in 2020 ....
That sounds strangely familiar. Why is that?

Of course, the "qualifier" provides an out for accountability for a spurious prediction.

So essentially the "pronouncement" is meaningless.

Right now, and for months Democrats are and have been registering illegal aliens so they can be on the rolls for primaries and general elections coming in this year and next. The next move is to start "redistricting" and redefine the Electoral map to favor their candidate in 2020, since they don't have time to amend the U.S. Constitution to eliminate the College. A coop to overthrow the administration and oust Trump and Pence has now been thwarted by their own stupidity and arrogance... of believing the Clintons could be elected to a 3rd term.
LexusLover is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:03 AM   #35
Austin Ellen
Account Disabled

User ID: 248809
My ECCIE Reviews

+1

Maga Girl Approved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Waco_Kid View Post
your assumptions are wrong.

MAGA Dance

Austin Ellen is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 11:04 AM   #36
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Interesting. I don't know if Politico is right or left but Bill Scher of Politico believes Democrats will win the 2020 election by an electoral count of 296-242 based on the 2018 House voting.

politico swings left.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:40 PM   #37
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
Actually, you need to qualify your definition of predictions. Most "pundits" were wrong in 2016 and many wrong in 2018 in at least regards to the to size of the mythical blue wave.

History was already on the side of the House being overtaken in the first mid-term of a sitting POTUS and historically some Senate seats should have been lost, not gained.

However, if you realistically analyzed the polling data in 2016 and 2018, it was largely very accurate, especially when including the margin of error. That pundits ran with that incorrectly, is their problem.

But back to the OP. Very few could stand up to the already guilty in the court of common opinion due to the fierce unjustified attacks that were made.
I would say the pundits were totally accurate in 2018 predictions. All but one had the Democrats winning the House and most gave them a solid chance of winning 35+ seats. Most had Republicans gaining in the Senate since 25 of the 33 seats up for re-election were held by Democrats, many in states that Trump won in 2016 (Montana, SD, WV, Indiana, Florida, Arizona, Michigan, PA, Wisconsin). Whether or not the election was a "blue wave" depends on one's interpretation of a blue wave. Either way, when you add in the Democratic gain of 7 governorships and several state legislatures going from Republican control to Democratic control and others moving from solid red to purple, November 6th, 2018 was definitely a solid win for Democrats.
SpeedRacerXXX is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 12:51 PM   #38
eccielover
Valued Poster

Quote:
I would say the pundits were totally accurate in 2018 predictions. All but one had the Democrats winning the House and most gave them a solid chance of winning 35+ seats. Most had Republicans gaining in the Senate since 25 of the 33 seats up for re-election were held by Democrats, many in states that Trump won in 2016 (Montana, SD, WV, Indiana, Florida, Arizona, Michigan, PA, Wisconsin). Whether or not the election was a "blue wave" depends on one's interpretation of a blue wave. Either way, when you add in the Democratic gain of 7 governorships and several state legislatures going from Republican control to Democratic control and others moving from solid red to purple, November 6th, 2018 was definitely a solid win for Democrats.
I have to agree to a point that the pundits were a lot more gun shy with over the top projections in 2018 after their colossal failure in 2016. They did actually stick more to the polling data and not go too far in out of the world projections. Several races were I think more wishful thinking than actually data related. Texas, Georgia, and Florida come to mind.

And yes it was a solid(about average for a mid-term) Democrat win. Where the pundits got it wrong again about that was calling it some kind of mandate against Republicans. They took 1/6th of the Federal government in the election and lost additional influence in another 1/6th. The POTUS is still Republican and the courts are getting and will continue to be filled for 2 more years with Conservatives. Not taking the Senate was a longer term loss for Dems than anyone will give credit. The House remains transitional. The courts are generational.
eccielover is offline   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:01 PM   #39
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Austin Ellen View Post
I read the same article Barlycorn did. Politico is predicting a 2020 win for Trump. Denial ain't just a river in Egypt,ya know!
I posted a link to the Politico article in which Bill Scher of Politico has analysis predicting a Trump loss in 2020. I never said there was not another Politico article predicting a 2020 win for Trump.

I believe that this is the article to which you and Barleycorn are referring:

"President Donald Trump has a low approval rating. He is engaging in bitter Twitter wars and facing metastasizing investigations.

But if the election were held today, he’d likely ride to a second term in a huge landslide, according to multiple economic models with strong track records of picking presidential winners and losses.

While Trump appears to be in a much stronger position than his approval rating and conventional Beltway wisdom might suggest, he also could wind up in trouble if the economy slows markedly between now and next fall, as many analysts predict it will."

However, you have to take into account the caveats offered in the article.

"Trump has already upended many of the rules of presidential politics. His party suffered a drubbing in last year’s midterm elections despite the strong economy, and the yawning gap between how voters view the president and the nation’s economic standing is growing even larger: Presidents typically just aren’t this unpopular when the economic engine is humming along.

Moreover, even how Americans view the state of the country has become divorced from the economy. In the latest POLITICO/Morning Consult poll, only 36 percent of voters said the U.S. was headed in the right direction, compared with nearly two-thirds, 64 percent, who said it was off on the wrong track."

https://www.politico.com/story/2019/03/21/trump-economy-election-1230495

The U.S. economy was doing very well on November 6, 2018 and Democrats won the House popular vote by 8.67 million votes, the largest total victory in a mid-term House election since 1974, which was just post-Watergate. Every single Trump supporter on this forum who made a prediction on the 2018 mid-term elections predicted Republicans would hold the House, with some predicting a gain in House seats. All based on the economy doing so well. Just saying that positive economic results on election day 2020 might not be as important as some are believing they will be.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:03 PM   #40
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccielover View Post
I have to agree to a point that the pundits were a lot more gun shy with over the top projections in 2018 after their colossal failure in 2016. They did actually stick more to the polling data and not go too far in out of the world projections. Several races were I think more wishful thinking than actually data related. Texas, Georgia, and Florida come to mind.

And yes it was a solid(about average for a mid-term) Democrat win. Where the pundits got it wrong again about that was calling it some kind of mandate against Republicans. They took 1/6th of the Federal government in the election and lost additional influence in another 1/6th. The POTUS is still Republican and the courts are getting and will continue to be filled for 2 more years with Conservatives. Not taking the Senate was a longer term loss for Dems than anyone will give credit. The House remains transitional. The courts are generational.
Most definitely Republicans controlling the Senate is important regarding SCOTUS nominations. Well said.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:16 PM   #41
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
I personally would like to see Democrats back off on the investigations. Trump, if he continues on his current course, can be beaten in 2020 and I believe most voters view these investigations as unneeded and unwarranted.
Again you say Trump can be beaten in 2020, but by whom...is there a mysterious liberal savior we haven't heard about??
All the candidates are seeing who can go as far radical left as possible and that won't win the white house...real true conservatism wins every time.
President Reagan historic 1984 landslide...NUFF SAID!!

Most all the libs on the board have gone apoplectic and completely unhinged because the the absolute wasted investigation on the collusion with Russia that never happend...you might try to explain this to them as unneeded and unwanted...GOOD LUCK!!
P.S. All the left wing rages don't seem to hold your views.
bb1961 is online now   Quote
Old 03-24-2019, 01:21 PM   #42
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusLover View Post
That sounds strangely familiar. Why is that?

Of course, the "qualifier" provides an out for accountability for a spurious prediction.

So essentially the "pronouncement" is meaningless.

Right now, and for months Democrats are and have been registering illegal aliens so they can be on the rolls for primaries and general elections coming in this year and next. The next move is to start "redistricting" and redefine the Electoral map to favor their candidate in 2020, since they don't have time to amend the U.S. Constitution to eliminate the College. A coop to overthrow the administration and oust Trump and Pence has now been thwarted by their own stupidity and arrogance... of believing the Clintons could be elected to a 3rd term.
The Pennsylvania state supreme court forced a redistricting of the 18 congressional districts. Democrats picked up 4 House seats in 2018. The NC congressional districts will probably be redrawn due to alleged gerrymandering by Republicans. If redrawn, Democrats are predicted to pick up additional House seats.

Unlike you who stood on the sidelines and did not make a prediction for the 2018 midterms, I will make a prediction for the 2020 election when election day is closer. Hard to be wrong when you sit out the game. I was wrong in 2016. I was the best on this forum in 2018.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:24 PM   #43
SpeedRacerXXX
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
politico swings left.
Two cited Politico articles, one favoring Trump and one not favoring Trump.

Here is an independent rating of Politico where it is rated "Least Biased".

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/politico/
Old 03-24-2019, 01:29 PM   #44
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yssup Rider View Post

He has proven to be utterly unskilled labor running the country.
You are correct about Obummer.
Old 03-24-2019, 01:36 PM   #45
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
The Pennsylvania state supreme court forced a redistricting of the 18 congressional districts. Democrats picked up 4 House seats in 2018. The NC congressional districts will probably be redrawn due to alleged gerrymandering by Republicans. If redrawn, Democrats are predicted to pick up additional House seats.

Unlike you who stood on the sidelines and did not make a prediction for the 2018 midterms, I will make a prediction for the 2020 election when election day is closer. Hard to be wrong when you sit out the game. I was wrong in 2016. I was the best on this forum in 2018.
You were the best at predicting off election year results in 2018...what about 2014 or 2012...do tell please...I already posted links on those elections...which you conveniently didn't comment on.
These off year election are VERY hard to predict...give me a fucking break!!

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women