Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Kansas and Missouri > Kansas City Metro > Questions for the Staff - Kansas City Metro
Questions for the Staff - Kansas City Metro Ask questions of the local staff here.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452910
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47494
pyramider46370
bambino40302
CryptKicker37077
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 01-13-2013, 09:45 AM   #1
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Encounters: 26
Default Thread age and closings

Where does it state that one can't bump a thread older then 30 days? The only thing I can find is that it is frowned upon to bump reviews older then 30 days UNLESS new relevent information is provided. In fact that rule states threads are allowed to flow on and be timeless, so closing those threads is not needed and a bit of a stretch.

Not only have the local Kansas City mods stated to not bump old threads, you have closed them. Most recent example: http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=125124

This has been happening more and more as of late and its something I strongly disagree with based on the information being relevant.

#13 - In our review forums, be mindful of the 'maturity' of threads you are posting to, ie. the date of the last item posted. We ask that you refrain from posting to a review in which the last post was made 30 or more days ago. Some exceptions may apply if you are providing relevant, valuable or updated information about the provider, but as a general rule of thumb, this can best be accomplished by writing a new review altogether and avoiding the bumping of old ones. This applies to our review forums, in particular, as discussion threads are often allowed to flow for an unspecified length of time.
KenMonk is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 09:52 AM   #2
KenMonk
Valued Poster

To go further http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=563951&page=3

Yet you allowed a provider to discuss and link a forbidden topic to a certain lady. Not only that, the membership looked to be policing her already without the need for mod assistance. I am more concerned with the closing of threads because that is an issue for me.
Old 01-13-2013, 12:49 PM   #3
malwoody
LOST IN THE GT

Encounters: 2

I have wondered about the old thread deal myself. So what if it's over 30 days old?
As far as closing threads, I guess if the op requests it but I have for the most part disagreed with most thread closings...especially if I have not had a chance to post...LOL
malwoody is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:52 PM   #4
Modda
Ambassador

Encounters: 15

Hang on there guys. I'll let u know as soon as possible.
Modda is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 01:56 PM   #5
KenMonk
Valued Poster

OP wasn't requesting threads be closed, and even if the OP makes the request, it doesn't mean that the request has to be honored.

It states that requests to close a thread will be considered, but as long as new information is relevant and the discussion continues to progress why close the thread?

#22 - ECCIE Staff will go to great lengths to avoid editing, deleting, or censoring our members posts or threads...unless absolutely necessary. Forbidden topics such as underage sex, illicit drugs, bestiality, revealing personal info, medical speculation, or images not in compliance will be removed from public view. Controversial, troublesome, or objectionable posts may draw staff attention or in some cases disciplinary action, but the offending post will not be removed from the view of our membership in any but the most extreme cases. Often times you will find directions, footnotes, or other guidance from staff edited INTO posts which draw our attention. These are for the purpose of educating the readers of what is and what is not acceptable as well as informing others about how these issues have been dealt with. Members are encouraged to RTM posts which include rule infractions or objectionable material if it appears that staff has not already becomed involved with the thread or post in particular.
Note: Staff will consider a request from the original poster to remove a thread/post they have made provided it was recently posted and not replied to. As a general rule, staff will not consider such requests once a thread or post has been visible for at least 4 hours or received 2 or more replies. In these cases, a request from the OP to lock the thread is more appropriate and will receive consideration.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:48 PM   #6
KCSmutMonkey
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

Plus, OP doesn't own the thread. Once they create it, it belongs to the community and really shouldn't be closed unless site policy requires it. Just my 2 cents.
KCSmutMonkey is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:10 PM   #7
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

thought it was only reviews that shouldn't be bumped.
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:22 PM   #8
Guest013121
Account Disabled

User ID: 127696
My ECCIE Reviews

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenMonk View Post
To go further http://www.eccie.net/showthread.php?t=563951&page=3

Yet you allowed a provider to discuss and link a forbidden topic to a certain lady. Not only that, the membership looked to be policing her already without the need for mod assistance. I am more concerned with the closing of threads because that is an issue for me.
I am confused Ken, are you implying I have done something wrong here?
Guest013121 is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemma34 View Post
I am confused Ken, are you implying I have done something wrong here?

No I am not. It is a good thing that membership takes it upon themselves to police themselves in a postive and constructive way. What you did was perfectly fine and how I believe it should go. You questioned why someone would bump an old thread. I concede that Lana's post was in no way productive, but instead of editing her post to remove forbidden topics, the post was closed, and her comments were untouched.

My point, and issue is that for awhile now local mods have been quick to close threads and slap the hands of those who bump old threads and tossing in their input. Membership as a whole has policed this themselves in the past, and have done a fairly decent job of it, even when it happens to reviews. Just because a thread is bumped, doesn't mean it should be closed.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:54 PM   #10
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

ok good! my thoughts exactly. I think its f'd up that just because an OP gets frustrated that their post is not going as they feel it should be, they can request for it to be closed and it happens. But as far as bumping old threads, its stupid and pointless to sometimes.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:57 PM   #11
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
ok good! my thoughts exactly. There was no need to close the thread or many other threads. And it is f'd up that just because an OP gets frustrated that their post is not going as they feel it should be, they can request for it to be closed and it is. The rules are so confusing to me now at this point.

They seem pretty direct to me to be honest. Threads are timeless unless certain things carry it off course, and reviews shouldn't be bumped UNLESS relevant information is added to the subject, which is rare because a new review should be made if it involves a new session.
Old 01-13-2013, 04:08 PM   #12
Guest013121
Account Disabled

My ECCIE Reviews

Oh wow! you quoted me while i was editing my post! you're a fast replier Ken lol
Old 01-13-2013, 04:24 PM   #13
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Quote:
Oh wow! you quoted me while i was editing my post! you're a fast replier Ken lol

Thanks... I think...
Old 01-13-2013, 04:40 PM   #14
ElumEno
In it for the DATY!

Encounters: 21
Default It is clear as mud...

This statement has always stuck with me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by St. C View Post
Look, I can't fucking stand prematurely closing threads. Never have been able to stomach someone shutting down discussions on a message board that's main purpose is reviews and discussions. It's been one of my biggest pet-peeves since my ASPD days, and I'm so passionate about it here at ECCIE that our staff is usually all over it when it happens. One guy mistakenly closes a thread and the rest of the staff is all over his ass to open it back up. Trust me...that's the protocol here...

FULL QUOTE
I have noticed a few randomly closed threads lately... i.e. closed without any explanation at all.
ElumEno is offline   Quote
Old 01-13-2013, 04:52 PM   #15
KenMonk
Valued Poster

Well its been going on for awhile locally and I for one am tired of it.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women