Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > Texas > Dallas > The Sandbox - Dallas
The Sandbox - Dallas The Sandbox is a collection of off-topic discussions. Humorous threads, Sports talk, and a wide variety of other topics can be found here. If it's NOT an adult-themed topic, then it belongs here

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70380
biomed160286
Yssup Rider59844
gman4452863
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47425
pyramider46370
bambino40274
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35144
Mojojo33117

Old 05-17-2019, 08:54 PM   #1
GingerKatt
The BEST Memory Ever.

User ID: 100363
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Unhappy LOUD CONCERTS! ZZ Top, Bad Company, Cheap Trick

Ok, is it just me? I loved the few concerts I went to as a sweet young girl in the 80’s. But I LIKED the music almost as much as being tapped on the shoulder by a roadie or tour manager and going backstage. BTW, Axel Rose smelled incredibly horrible all over. EVEN after washing up. But what the heck. I’ve got blue eyes and he liked them. “Sweet Child of Mine”....ohhh memories.

But I’m at the former Starplex with my guy and I’ll do anything for him. Even hurt my ears. And text all evening instead of standing up and screaming like the thousands of peeps here. Thank goodness they deliver alcohol. On my 2nd Long Island Ice Tea. Only 19 dollars! But I ain’t never paid for no drinks, lol!
No really, I don’t even abuse the credit cards in my name he gave me.

Bad Company was first. I wouldn’t call them bad. Wouldn’t call them good either.

Cheap Trick is next. Seriously!? I was a recent UT grad, and a colleague in my unit at the hospital had 2 tix and begged me to go. They were ok. But I thought they were older then! Wonder
what they look like now. We’re on a break for the roadies to change out instruments and lighting and all that stuff. Can’t go backstage and look around and be nosy with my man here, but I really don’t want to.

ZZ Top is after the Trick. I vaguely remember long beards and swinging guitars from MTV videos.

Anybody else like to go to concerts with the current stars of music?

We did go Elton John’s last tour concert, love him. But come on! He’s a classic . Loved him since my 20’s with “Midnight Cowboy” I think it was called.

But my man is a little older and I guess I understand he loves the oldies. I told him of course I’ll go to any concerts you want baby! I just didn’t realize these older bands were still touring. Oh well. I smell funny smoke too, imagine that. At a concert. Even a non smoking venue, lol!

Lights out, everyone standing up and screaming. But moi.

Later my Eccie peeps. Glad you’re here 24/7 for to vent my discomfort to.
Thanks.
GingerKatt is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 09:18 PM   #2
GingerKatt
The BEST Memory Ever.

User ID: 100363
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews
Question

K. The next band was the bearded dudes. ZZ Top. Is one of them named ZZ? What does it stand for? Silly name. And where does Top come in? Haven’t played Legs yet. That’s all I’m waiting for.

Check out the encounter report; Uh I mean the reviews in the paper tomorrow morning. They just said they “startled right here in Big D”. Really?
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg E68D183B-1904-4CA1-A528-CBBDD9DE982D.jpeg (57.4 KB, 312 views)
GingerKatt is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:14 PM   #3
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

My first concert was Rossington Collins Band.

The people sitting next to me offered me a special homemade cigarette.

My first time smoking.
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 05-17-2019, 10:57 PM   #4
ManSlut
Valued Poster

Encounters: 11

My hearing was permanently damaged in the very late 70’s when I was a very young teen at a Ted Nugent concert. I don’t remember if it was at Wills Rogers in FtW or the Dallas Convention Center in Dallas, but I know this, I didn’t hear well for days and my ears have never stopped ringing.

The myth when I was growing up was that ZZ Top derived their band name from Zig Zag & Top rolling papers but the true story is them being of Blues roots, Billy Gibbons (Guitarist and band leader) admired B.B. King and Z.Z. Hill and came up with ZZ Top, King was the Top.
ManSlut is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 04:52 AM   #5
Prolongus
Sanity Check...

Encounters: 118

Wow, Ginger...you went to UT and barely heard of ZZ Top?? They’re from Texas, Pasadena near Houston, if memory serves.

I saw them when in college...45 years ago. Tried to see them lately but they cancelled the show...twice. Old age, lol.
Prolongus is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:52 AM   #6
SchnellerFahrer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 23

Loudest concert for me was FOREIGNER in the 80's. My goodness my head was ringing for 2 days.

I've seen a lot of great acts, but my #1 was PRINCE. What a showman, that guy had real talent, and the show as spectacular. Opening act Sheila E was fun, too.

These days, I watch a lot of Tribute Bands, like GTA (the Cars), Wild Boys (Duran Duran), Texas Flood (Stevie Ray Vaughan), Even it Up (Heart), Rush Tribute Project (Rush), PrimaDonna (Madonna), and the best I've seen here.........Back in Black (AC DC), amongst many others.

Learning the electric guitar, with luck I'd love to play backup with one of these groups one day, but don't think that's realistic at my age.

Oh what fun would it be to be a male groupie for PrimaDonna, LOL!
SchnellerFahrer is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 08:25 AM   #7
CG2014
Premium Access

Encounters: 101

For me it wasn't a concert that was loud, it was a concert movie.

My ears rang for couple of weeks and not only that, also the first few days after I watched this movie in theaters, I was nauseated and felt like throwing up.

Ended up staying home for 2 days and not go to school.

Led Zeppelin: The Song Remains the Same (1976)

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0075244/
CG2014 is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 10:04 AM   #8
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Ginger, if it's too loud you're too old.. any music you don't like is too loud.

my opinion about Axel Rose wasn't extremely high before your post, but you destroyed any semblance of good feeling I might have had

you were waiting for ZZ to play "Legs"? you are the ultimate casual fan. any real ZZ Top fan knows they went downhill after Deguello. the mass acceptance they achieved with Eliminator was after most fans had jumped ship.

in case you couldn't tell, "Legs" is completely lip-synched in concert. casual fans don't care, they want it re-created just like the video they loved with the long red beards, and guitars swinging back-and-forth. it's amusing to me, that people pay big money to see Fossil bands lip-synch and play to backing tracks.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 06:03 PM   #9
Toddcunnings
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

The loudest concert i ever went to was Ministry for the Psalm 69 tour.
Toddcunnings is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:04 PM   #10
alaine
"Moved on"..

User ID: 78361
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

Recently became a Texas flood stalker/groupie. Every weekend find myself looking to see where they are playing. Impressive local band.

QUOTE=SchnellerFahrer;10614935 09]Loudest concert for me was FOREIGNER in the 80's. My goodness my head was ringing for 2 days.

I've seen a lot of great acts, but my #1 was PRINCE. What a showman, that guy had real talent, and the show as spectacular. Opening act Sheila E was fun, too.

These days, I watch a lot of Tribute Bands, like GTA (the Cars), Wild Boys (Duran Duran), Texas Flood (Stevie Ray Vaughan), Even it Up (Heart), Rush Tribute Project (Rush), PrimaDonna (Madonna), and the best I've seen here.........Back in Black (AC DC), amongst many others.

Learning the electric guitar, with luck I'd love to play backup with one of these groups one day, but don't think that's realistic at my age.

Oh what fun would it be to be a male groupie for PrimaDonna, LOL! [/QUOTE]
alaine is offline   Quote
Old 05-18-2019, 07:45 PM   #11
LadyAnastasia
Anastasia Black

User ID: 472456
My Bio Page
My ECCIE Reviews

I havent been to a concert in ages, seriously like 20 years bc small bar live bands dont count. If it tells my age my first concert was mandy moore lmao
LadyAnastasia is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 09:14 AM   #12
Chung Tran
BANNED

Encounters: 288

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyAnastasia View Post
I havent been to a concert in ages, seriously like 20 years bc small bar live bands dont count. If it tells my age my first concert was mandy moore lmao
I don't know that it tells your age, as much as your failure to make good choices.. which you acknowledged with your "lmao", so I won't beat you up about it.
Chung Tran is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #13
DFWClubgoer
Babtized in dirty water 💦

Encounters: 91

My first concert was at the wheeling High School field house, July 3 1973. Styx and REO. Neither was a big name at the time. Loudest, Black Sabbath or Boston on first tour. Best Pink Floyd twice 1975 and 1994.
DFWClubgoer is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 01:14 PM   #14
TheWanderer
Valued Poster

Encounters: 25

My VERY first concert was Bad Company, in the late 70s.
Next was Boston...lol
3rd was Elton, he must have thrown 6 piano stools off the stage, what a blast.
Both were great but in the 80s Billy Joel was the absolute best sound quality.
TheWanderer is offline   Quote
Old 05-19-2019, 03:28 PM   #15
bandit007
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchnellerFahrer View Post
Loudest concert for me was FOREIGNER in the 80's. My goodness my head was ringing for 2 days.

Oh what fun would it be to be a male groupie for PrimaDonna, LOL!
Haha I went to Foreigner concert in about 86 and couldn’t hear shit for 3 days in high school. My buddy and I were in the 3rd row.
bandit007 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women