Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 261
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 243
Top Posters
DallasRain70365
biomed160193
Yssup Rider59821
gman4452826
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47409
pyramider46370
bambino40248
CryptKicker37052
Mokoa36482
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35112
Mojojo33117

Old 05-11-2019, 11:40 AM   #1
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Encounters: 46
Default Tarrifs (Open at your white nationalist heart's risk)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiny View Post
While economists don't think Trump's tariffs will markedly hurt people here, they said the same thing the last time Republicans supported a trade war, in 1930. That didn't turn out so well.

Who pays for tariffs? American businesses and consumers

https://nrf.com/blog/who-pays-tariff...-and-consumers

Quote:
Ultimately, tariffs can mean lower wages, fewer employees, deferred investments and higher prices for consumers. Small businesses are particularly vulnerable, since they don’t have the resources and flexibility to quickly switch suppliers.

eccieuser9500 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 11:47 AM   #2
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Old 05-11-2019, 12:14 PM   #3
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Eccieuser, Please note that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren stand shoulder to shoulder with Donald Trump on this important issue. They're all big believers in big tariffs. They either don't realize they hurt everyone, or they don't care and are trying to score political points. For Trump, I suspect it's the former, as his lifelong view on trade has not changed, unlike for example his beliefs about higher taxes and abortion.

For Sanders and Warren I'm not so sure, but their position is hilarious. They claim to want to help the little guy but instead are promoting something that hurts the poor and middle class by increasing the cost of things they buy, while helping a very small group of businesses that have the excess capacity and cost structures to be able to replace Chinese imports.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:29 PM   #4
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

I think intellectual property rights, which the Chinese don't respect, play a big part of this. I am learning more with time. But this is my wheel house. By no means am I an expert, but I can read and put things together from middle management.
Old 05-11-2019, 12:47 PM   #5
Tiny
Lifetime Premium Access

Encounters: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by eccieuser9500 View Post
I think intellectual property rights, which the Chinese don't respect, play a big part of this. I am learning more with time. But this is my wheel house. By no means am I an expert, but I can read and put things together from middle management.
Agreed, If Trump ends up using this to get the Chinese to do a better job of respecting intellectual property, opening up their markets, and permitting U.S. companies to compete fairly in China, I'll be the first to admit I was wrong. I'm fearful that this may end up like the Iraq war. George W. Bush looked like a genius, getting Saddam Hussein to agree to open the country to the nuclear inspectors, then went ahead and invaded anyway.

As to intellectual property, we're not 100% in the right. We want the Chinese for example to make patents on pharmaceuticals last longer. We ought to be cutting the lengths of the patents here, to help with out of control drug costs. And that principal probably applies to some other products as well, besides drugs.
Tiny is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 12:50 PM   #6
friendly fred
Valued Poster

Encounters: 5

Quote:

Yes - they are not respectful of intellectual property rights and they tried to rewrite the deal at the last minute.

Trump caught them with their hands in the cookie jar.

I think even some leftists are with Trump on this point.
friendly fred is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 01:05 PM   #7
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
As to intellectual property, we're not 100% in the right. We want the Chinese for example to make patents on pharmaceuticals last longer. We ought to be cutting the lengths of the patents here, to help with out of control drug costs. And that principal probably applies to some other products as well, besides drugs.

ALL DUE RESPECT: I'd like to learn more about the F part, rather than the D section (I can't help the humor), of the FDA. Specifically when it comes to storage and handling.

I hesitate to go into too much detail for outing personal information, but I hope the picture of my existence is starting to develop. Wreckless personal profiteering chaps my hide. Especially from government officials. Getting into politics used to be a noble cause. His majesty is the antithesis of that.
Old 05-11-2019, 01:37 PM   #8
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

America is hooked on cheap shit from China sold at WallyWorld.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:38 PM   #9
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34

Kind of dishonest of Tiny to conflate Smoot-Hartley and the Great Depression. Seems he wants us to think that the tariffs tore the hole in the economy. Of course, FDR took years to figure it out and only World War II saved his economic butt.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 02:58 PM   #10
gnadfly
Account Disabled

I opened this thread to give it one star.
gnadfly is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:02 PM   #11
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
So you are now in favor of the Trump tax cuts??
I guess you're just in favor of things that fit your narrative...
https://wealthfactory.com/articles/2...siness-owners/
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:09 PM   #12
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnadfly View Post
I opened this thread to give it one star.
I think you over rated it
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 05-11-2019, 07:13 PM   #13
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

His majesty's tax cuts didn't favor the small businesses as much as the multinational corporations. You interpret as you see fit. The narrative stays the same. Small businesses that are not public can't buy their own stock and artificially inflate their worth. Because their not up for sale to the public.

Right?
Old 05-11-2019, 07:15 PM   #14
eccieuser9500
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post
I think you over rated it

Because this isn't a circle-jerk of a thread.

Look at the # of 4-star threads
Old 05-11-2019, 08:59 PM   #15
andymarksman
Valued Poster

Quote:
Eccieuser, Please note that Bernie Sanders and Elizabeth Warren stand shoulder to shoulder with Donald Trump on this important issue. They're all big believers in big tariffs. They either don't realize they hurt everyone, or they don't care and are trying to score political points. For Trump, I suspect it's the former, as his lifelong view on trade has not changed, unlike for example his beliefs about higher taxes and abortion.

For Sanders and Warren I'm not so sure, but their position is hilarious. They claim to want to help the little guy but instead are promoting something that hurts the poor and middle class by increasing the cost of things they buy, while helping a very small group of businesses that have the excess capacity and cost structures to be able to replace Chinese imports.
Trump alone started and then escalated this trade war, he owns it, so please don't pin your disingenuous blame on some gibberish talking liberals for Trump's own doing.
andymarksman is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women