Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 263
sharkman29 251
George Spelvin 248
Top Posters
DallasRain70415
biomed160564
Yssup Rider59929
gman4452928
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47543
pyramider46370
bambino40322
CryptKicker37081
Mokoa36486
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35362
Mojojo33117

Old 06-14-2013, 01:18 PM   #1
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33
Default Don't give money to charities. They are money scams.

This will make your blood boil:

http://www.cnn.com/2013/06/13/us/wor...html?hpt=hp_t1

There are too many key quotes for me to include, but here are a couple:
----------------------------------------------------------
"The 50 worst charities in America devote less than 4% of donations raised to direct cash aid. Some charities gave even less. Over a decade, one diabetes charity raised nearly $14 million and gave about $10,000 to patients. Six spent no cash at all on their cause."

"To disguise the meager amount of money that reaches those in need, charities use accounting tricks and inflate the value of donated dollar-store cast-offs - snack cakes and air fresheners - that they give to dying cancer patients and homeless veterans."

"The worst charity in America operates from a metal warehouse behind a gas station in Holiday, Florida.
Every year, Kids Wish Network raises millions of dollars in donations in the name of dying children and their families.
Every year, it spends less than 3 cents on the dollar helping kids."

----------------------------------------------------

Every charity in the US should be required to post a full disclosure and a brief summary of its spending in a federal database that anyone can access on-line. The summary should easily identify (e.g., pic chart?) the percentage of funds that actually reaches recipients.

The whole scam industry should be brought to its knees.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 06:25 PM   #2
i'va biggen
Account Disabled

Encounters: 17

Most of them suck up all the money with (administrative costs)
i'va biggen is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:46 PM   #3
Jackie S
Valued Poster

Encounters: 15

The guys I feel sorry for are the ones who work for the large companies that are strong armed by the United Way.
Jackie S is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:09 PM   #4
Doove
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7

I give to you the libertarian solution to feeding the world's hungry.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:42 PM   #5
cptjohnstone
Valued Poster

I agree 100% and have been meaning to post a thread about this

What I am trying to say is that the millions upon millions that is being raised up here for the tornado victims, mostly going to the Red Cross. There was one big concert and another is in the works

So these homes that were destroyed, at least 80% has to be insured? Which includes times lost awaiting for repairs to be made. Does the Red Cross come in and hand them cash until their insurance comes through?

If I remember right, there was a stink after 9-11 and the Red Cross was part of it.
cptjohnstone is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 08:59 PM   #6
Zabrina Sarafina
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 115962

I have never trusted charity organizations. If you want to help, find a way to do it directly
Zabrina Sarafina is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 09:55 PM   #7
CuteOldGuy
Valued Poster

Encounters: 20

Doofie, there is nothing Libertarian about scamming well meaning people. I don't donate unless I know how the money is being spent. No one should. As long as we have an income tax, I support the OP's notion that 501(c)(3) charities should have open books and accurate reporting.

Once we finally do away with the tyrannical income tax, I would encourage people to only donate to charities with open books and accurate reporting.

This is NOT Libertarian. No matter how you try to spin it. No Libertarian supports corrupt or mismanaged charities. Just like they don't support corrupt and mismanaged government. If you think the charities are wasting money, why not open the books on federal disaster relief.

CuteOldGuy is offline   Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 10:04 PM   #8
IIFFOFRDB
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doove View Post
I give to you the libertarian solution to feeding the world's hungry.
You need to crawl back in NYer's hole.
IIFFOFRDB is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 04:10 AM   #9
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Doofie, there is nothing Libertarian about scamming well meaning people.
You wasted your time on refuting a point i didn't make.

Try again, genius.
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 05:26 AM   #10
timpage
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuteOldGuy View Post
Doofie, there is nothing Libertarian about scamming well meaning people. I don't donate unless I know how the money is being spent. No one should. As long as we have an income tax, I support the OP's notion that 501(c)(3) charities should have open books and accurate reporting.

Once we finally do away with the tyrannical income tax, I would encourage people to only donate to charities with open books and accurate reporting.

This is NOT Libertarian. No matter how you try to spin it. No Libertarian supports corrupt or mismanaged charities. Just like they don't support corrupt and mismanaged government. If you think the charities are wasting money, why not open the books on federal disaster relief.

I object as non-responsive.

I think that point your missing, and that Doove has made, is....You've repeatedly indicated that charity should be the way the poor are helped, not via government programs or tax dollars. The article indicates that many charitable organizations don't help the poor, they use the poor to scam people. Not surprisingly, when people find out that a charitable organization is scamming them, they react like ExNYer....and advocate not giving to charity. Get it now? You taking the position that the poor should be forced to rely on charity only doesn't end up doing much for the poor.

Let me know if you need more help.
timpage is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 AM   #11
Guest040616
Account Disabled

Encounters: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post

Let me know if you need more help.
Why do you believe Hanoi COG would need more help speaking out of both sides of his mouth?

He has repeatedly shown he can do it quite well without any assistance.
Guest040616 is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #12
Doove
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by timpage View Post
I object as non-responsive.

I think that point your missing, and that Doove has made, is....You've repeatedly indicated that charity should be the way the poor are helped, not via government programs or tax dollars. The article indicates that many charitable organizations don't help the poor, they use the poor to scam people. Not surprisingly, when people find out that a charitable organization is scamming them, they react like ExNYer....and advocate not giving to charity. Get it now? You taking the position that the poor should be forced to rely on charity only doesn't end up doing much for the poor.
Couldn'ta said it better myself!
Doove is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 01:37 PM   #13
LovingKayla
Upgraded Female Account

User ID: 50897
My ECCIE Reviews

The scams they run like that is exactly why I give either directly to the one in need or mercury1. There a couple others I use but mercury1 is my favorite. They give 100% to the people and are paid privately not using any charity money. It's the only charity that literally does what it says. Imagine that.
LovingKayla is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 02:14 PM   #14
Yssup Rider
Valued Poster

Encounters: 67

Dont forget the generous assholes who donate to YOU!
Yssup Rider is offline   Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 06:43 PM   #15
Guest032516
Account Disabled

Encounters: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by IIFFOFRDB View Post
You need to crawl back in NYer's hole.
I would slap you, but shit splatters.

BTW, I love the 3 lines of dialog between us that you added in your signature block.

I guess you finally figured out how to look smart - you write the script for both sides!

But that's the ONLY way it's going to happen.
Guest032516 is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women