Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70406
biomed160489
Yssup Rider59903
gman4452916
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47511
pyramider46370
bambino40307
CryptKicker37079
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35324
Mojojo33117

Old 09-07-2018, 08:44 PM   #1
the_real_Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 34
Default Racism of the left continues...

We all know the origins of the Klan. We all know who supported slavery. We have all been told about the myth of the switch. Racism is still very much alive and well in the democrat party. We have a two tier system in Chicago with growth in the white north side and economic disaster in the south and west side. It almost seems that the democrat party wants to kill off or run off the black population with abortion and crime. It's not just black people. We have the secret memos from a secret meeting of Senators Durbin, Kennedy, and Leahy plus Rep. Pelosi from 20 years ago. They wanted to stop a Hispanic judge from being put on the DC circuit so that the GOP would be able to put Miguel Estrada on the Supreme Court.
the_real_Barleycorn is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:12 PM   #2
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Encounters: 7

Yes we do know the origins of the Klan. The CONSERVATIVE party of that particular age of the USA.
chefnerd is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:17 PM   #3
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

If you doubt the Conservative origin pleas go read "Growth of the American Republic" 6th edition authored by Samuel Eliot Morison, Henry Steele Commager, and William Leuchtenburg.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:19 PM   #4
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by chefnerd View Post
Yes we do know the origins of the Klan. The CONSERVATIVE party of that particular age of the USA.
And "sheets" Byrd was not a member!!
bb1961 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:25 PM   #5
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb1961 View Post
And "sheets" Byrd was not a member!!
As old and long time member as Byrd was, I don't think he was a member at the founding following the "War Between the States"
Old 09-07-2018, 09:36 PM   #6
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
As old and long time member as Byrd was, I don't think he was a member at the founding following the "War Between the States"

These sorts of comparisons are unfortunately as common as they are inaccurate.

The KKK was founded in Tennessee immediately after the end of the Civil War as a sort of social club for former Confederate Soldiers whose influence quickly spread through the decimated Southern states. As Columbia professor Eric Foner wrote in his A Short History of Reconstruction, in its early days, the group was loosely bound by one main principle: launching a reign of terror against Republican leaders black and white.

Racism was, of course, a guiding principle, but not quite as guiding as the hatred of the Republicans, the party of Lincoln, the Yankees who early Klansmen believed destroyed their homeland through what they termed a “war of northern aggression.”

The Republican Party had been founded in a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin just 12 years earlier, and Lincoln was its first president. The Klan saw both as just as big a menace as the newly freed slaves. Less than a year after Lincoln’s assassination, the Klan’s anti-Republican ideology spread rapidly.

Dr. Foner wrote:

In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.

In 1868, the Klan elected its first Grand Wizard, Nathaniel Bedford Forrest. Decades later, his grandson wrote in the September 1928 issue of the Klan’s Kourier Magazine:

I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.
Hotrod511 is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 09:40 PM   #7
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
You need to refresh yourself with american history and what party freed the slaves and and help them during reconstruction when the other part not so much...
Old 09-07-2018, 09:49 PM   #8
bb1961
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotrod511 View Post

The KKK was founded in Tennessee immediately after the end of the Civil War as a sort of social club for former Confederate Soldiers whose influence quickly spread through the decimated Southern states. As Columbia professor Eric Foner wrote in his A Short History of Reconstruction, in its early days, the group was loosely bound by one main principle: launching a reign of terror against Republican leaders black and white.

Racism was, of course, a guiding principle, but not quite as guiding as the hatred of the Republicans, the party of Lincoln, the Yankees who early Klansmen believed destroyed their homeland through what they termed a “war of northern aggression.”

The Republican Party had been founded in a schoolhouse in Ripon, Wisconsin just 12 years earlier, and Lincoln was its first president. The Klan saw both as just as big a menace as the newly freed slaves. Less than a year after Lincoln’s assassination, the Klan’s anti-Republican ideology spread rapidly.

Dr. Foner wrote:

In effect, the Klan was a military force serving the interests of the Democratic party, the planter class, and all those who desired the restoration of white supremacy. It aimed to destroy the Republican party’s infrastructure, undermine the Reconstruction state, reestablish control of the black labor force, and restore racial subordination in every aspect of Southern life.

In 1868, the Klan elected its first Grand Wizard, Nathaniel Bedford Forrest. Decades later, his grandson wrote in the September 1928 issue of the Klan’s Kourier Magazine:

I have never voted for any man who was not a regular Democrat. My father … never voted for any man who was not a Democrat. My grandfather was …the head of the Ku Klux Klan in reconstruction days…. My great-grandfather was a life-long Democrat…. My great-great-grandfather was…one of the founders of the Democratic party.
This guy is one of those that..."you can't handle the truth"
Old 09-07-2018, 10:11 PM   #9
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

You are correct as far as which party freed the slaves, however also be advised that the 'Emancipation Proclamation' was also VERY POLITICAL. It only freed the slaves in the states that were "UNDER REBELLION". Also be advised that at this particular time in our history, the conservatives were Democrats (or should I say Dixiecrats?}.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:12 PM   #10
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:

Dr. Foner wrote:

the Klan came in 3 iterations.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 10:15 PM   #11
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilbert firestorm View Post
the Klan came in 3 iterations.
Well tell us what you know then Dilbert
Old 09-07-2018, 10:16 PM   #12
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Correct, however what you seem to forget is the fact that the Klan was founded and perpetuated by CONSERVATIVES.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:21 PM   #13
Hotrod511
Valued Poster

Quote:
Correct, however what you seem to forget is the fact that the Klan was founded and perpetuated by CONSERVATIVES.
I think you are confused with the conservatives of today and the CONSERVATIVES of the 1800's I don't recall any of that being in the history I have read
Under the elder Forrest, the Klan’s violence grew almost uncontrollable. PBS’ American Experience reports:

In the time leading up to the 1868 presidential election, the Klan's activities picked up in speed and brutality. The election, which pitted Republican Ulysses S. Grant against Democrat Horatio Seymour, was crucial. Republicans would continue programs that prevented Southern whites from gaining political control in their states. Klan members knew that given the chance, the blacks in their communities would vote Republican.

Across the South, the Klan and other terrorist groups used brutal violence to intimidate Republican voters. In Kansas, over 2,000 murders were committed in connection with the election. In Georgia, the number of threats and beatings was even higher. And in Louisiana, 1000 blacks were killed as the election neared. In those three states, Democrats won decisive victories at the polls.

Democrats. Not Republicans, not Tea Partiers. Democrats.
Old 09-07-2018, 10:26 PM   #14
dilbert firestorm
Premium Access

Encounters: 4

Quote:
Well tell us what you know then Dilbert
1st Klan was formed in 1868 - 1888. Feds cracked down hard on these guys and this was before the supreme court made the law against klan activity unconstitutional. (this is why we don't go after communists)

2nd Klan was formed in early 1900's to 1945.

3rd Klan was formed 1945 - present.

as for their political leanings, the 1st and 2nd Klans were conservative.

3rd Klan appear to be a different animal. I'm not sure about this group. I know they were conservative from 1945 - 1970, after that not sure. if they are voting democrat, they would have be liberals.

1800's conservatives vs. modern conservatives. they are different different in some ways, but the racism is absent in the modern version.
dilbert firestorm is offline   Quote
Old 09-07-2018, 11:19 PM   #15
chefnerd
Just a ROFF with CRSS

Quote:
I think you are confused with the conservatives of today and the CONSERVATIVES of the 1800's I don't recall any of that being in the history I have read
Under the elder Forrest, the Klan’s violence grew almost uncontrollable. PBS’ American Experience reports:

In the time leading up to the 1868 presidential election, the Klan's activities picked up in speed and brutality. The election, which pitted Republican Ulysses S. Grant against Democrat Horatio Seymour, was crucial. Republicans would continue programs that prevented Southern whites from gaining political control in their states. Klan members knew that given the chance, the blacks in their communities would vote Republican.

Across the South, the Klan and other terrorist groups used brutal violence to intimidate Republican voters. In Kansas, over 2,000 murders were committed in connection with the election. In Georgia, the number of threats and beatings was even higher. And in Louisiana, 1000 blacks were killed as the election neared. In those three states, Democrats won decisive victories at the polls.

Democrats. Not Republicans, not Tea Partiers. Democrats.
Correct, because at that time according to Morison and Commager, Republicans were Progressive/Liberal and the Democrats or should I say Dixiecrats were Conservatives.

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women