Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > The Political Forum
The Political Forum Discuss anything related to politics in this forum. World politics, US Politics, State and Local.

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 373
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 246
Top Posters
DallasRain70403
biomed160442
Yssup Rider59884
gman4452909
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47492
pyramider46370
bambino40302
CryptKicker37075
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35292
Mojojo33117

Old 01-15-2015, 04:40 PM   #1
SEE3772
Valued Poster

Encounters: 7
Default Fukushima released 13,000,000,000 times more neutrons than initially estimated — “Obvious implication for human health” — Gov’t: “Neutron radiation is the most severe and dangerous radiation” known to mankind; Can travel great distances

enenews.com/fukushima-released-13000000000-times-neutrons-initially-estimated?utm_source=feedburne r&utm_medium=email&utm_campaig n=Feed%3A%2BENENews%2B%28Energ y%2BNews%29

President Obama we do not expect harmful levels of radiation to reach the U.S.

Experts: 100% death rate for baby killer whales along West Coast
SEE3772 is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 05:01 PM   #2
I B Hankering
Valued Poster

Encounters: 9

Quote:
Fukushima radiation nears California coast, judged harmless
By Courtney Sherwood 11 November 2014 12:00 pm

After a two-and-a-half year ocean journey, radioactive contamination from the Fukushima nuclear disaster in Japan has drifted to within 160 kilometers of the California coast, according to a new study. But the radiation levels are minuscule and do not pose a threat, researchers say....

[M]arine chemist Ken Buesseler of the Woods Hole Oceanographic Institution in Massachusetts convinced an eclectic group of organizations to collect water samples up and down the west coast of North America. Following the Chernobyl nuclear disaster in 1986, Buesseler had tracked radioactive contaminants in the Black Sea, the closest major water body to the accident site. To pay for similar research in the much larger Pacific Ocean, he turned to crowdfunding—the increasingly popular method of using the Internet to bring multiple people together to fund costly endeavors. Government bodies such as the Umpqua Soil and Water Conservation District, universities, and conservation groups joined in, offering both to collect water from more than 50 sites in the Pacific Ocean near U.S. shores and to pay to ship and test those samples in Buesseler’s lab.

The findings are reassuring, Buesseler says. He measured a high of just 8 becquerels of radiation per cubic meter in the samples. Of that, he says, less than 2 becquerels came from cesium-134 traced to Fukushima. The remainder is largely from strontium-90 and cesium-137: Some of that is fallout from mid-20th century atomic bomb tests in the Pacific, and some may have come from Fukushima—these isotopes lack the half-life fingerprint that ties cesium-134 to the Japanese disaster. The total level of radiation is hardly worth worrying about, Buesseler says: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency guidelines for drinking water allow up to 7400 becquerels per cubic meter. Buesseler is presenting his latest findings Thursday at the Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry North America’s annual meeting.

http://news.sciencemag.org/asiapacif...udged-harmless
I B Hankering is offline   Quote
Old 01-15-2015, 09:38 PM   #3
Guest092216
Account Disabled

User ID: 144244
My ECCIE Reviews

I know this is really shitty to think or say but I'm so grateful I moved from Tokyo in 2005. I would be a basketcase worrying about this stuff. I still have friends there though and we don't talk about it. They are higher ups in the Armed Forces with families there with them. It's just something they take in stride and with dignity. Like good Americans do. Same with the Japanese. Those people over there are so much better than I could ever hope to be. I hope this is more pop-science and most will be okay. I hate to think of some of my dearest friends being fucked in the long run. I guess maybe that's not so shitty then...
Guest092216 is offline   Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 02:45 AM   #4
JD Barleycorn
Valued Poster

Encounters: 54

Stop hyperventilating. What does it take to stop a neutron (the basis of neutron radiation)? The answer is about two meters of less of water. Reactors used attenuated Teflon to stop neutrons. You know, that 13 million or billion is real scary for some but when you understand that normal radiation is measured in thousandths of REMs you begin to realize...what am I saying. Most of you can't realize and don't want to. You just want to scare people or be scared.
JD Barleycorn is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women