Welcome to ECCIE, become a part of the fastest growing adult community. Take a minute & sign up!

Welcome to ECCIE - Sign up today!

Become a part of one of the fastest growing adult communities online. We have something for you, whether you’re a male member seeking out new friends or a new lady on the scene looking to take advantage of our many opportunities to network, make new friends, or connect with people. Join today & take part in lively discussions, take advantage of all the great features that attract hundreds of new daily members!

Go Premium

Go Back   ECCIE Worldwide > General Interest > Technical Questions
Technical Questions Even the most computer-savvy may have technical questions regarding navigation of the site. Ask it here! If you have an answer, be our guest! (For further assistance, contact your local moderator or see the "Emails to the Staff" post in the Questions for the Staff city forums)

Most Favorited Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Most Liked Images
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
  • Thumb
Top Reviewers
cockalatte 645
MoneyManMatt 490
Still Looking 399
samcruz 398
Jon Bon 385
Harley Diablo 370
honest_abe 362
DFW_Ladies_Man 313
Chung Tran 288
lupegarland 287
nicemusic 285
You&Me 281
Starscream66 262
sharkman29 250
George Spelvin 244
Top Posters
DallasRain70383
biomed160296
Yssup Rider59851
gman4452865
LexusLover51038
WTF48267
offshoredrilling47431
pyramider46370
bambino40277
CryptKicker37064
Mokoa36485
Chung Tran36100
Still Looking35944
The_Waco_Kid35151
Mojojo33117

Old 09-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #16
bradj639
Valued Poster

Encounters: 21

I just got it, you guys need to fix it
bradj639 is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 09:41 PM   #17
alamomike
Gaining Momentum

sure hope so =
alamomike is offline   Quote
Old 09-17-2010, 11:16 PM   #18
gooose
Valued Poster

Encounters: 19

Here is how I solved that problem. Do not do this unless you have an updated virus protection software installed on your computer.
1. Left click on the "start" tab.
2. Right click on Firefox icon
3. Left click on options.
4. Left click on "security" tab.
5. Uncheck "block reported attack sites"
gooose is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:34 AM   #19
royamcr
Valued Poster

Encounters: 38

no problems on a mac or droid phone.
royamcr is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 02:45 AM   #20
bind1ass
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooose View Post
Here is how I solved that problem. Do not do this unless you have an updated virus protection software installed on your computer.
1. Left click on the "start" tab.
2. Right click on Firefox icon
3. Left click on options.
4. Left click on "security" tab.
5. Uncheck "block reported attack sites"
Not a good idea, is there some way to specify an exception for this site only...

I am on FF on Linux...
http://www.stopbadware.org/
seems to be doing it...
bind1ass is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:13 AM   #21
lucky21a
Premium Access

Sorry but what a monumental F up. You guys should have had better antivirus proticals on your servers. Its pretty shamefull. Hey This site since the demise of ASPD has gone ganbusters and I'm sure has made some of you some good money. But just forgetting about your security proticals and that of your users is just down right ...well... ...
lucky21a is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 04:49 AM   #22
Guest011512
Account Disabled

Encounters: 3
Default I had a similar problem yesterday, but not now

Yesterday I could not stay logged-in to ECCIE. But this morning it seems to be working better.

For a while yesterday, I assumed that I had pissed someone off and had gotten banned.
Guest011512 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:31 AM   #23
TheBootieHunter
Registered Member

Default Lost Banner

Besides the virus announcement (which I get also) I've noticed that the rotating banner area in the header is blank. Sometimes banner links can be a pathway for the virus to enter the site.

Well, I guess we hope that it all gets resolved.

TBH
TheBootieHunter is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:35 AM   #24
713hobbyman
Lifetime Premium Access

Still getting the "bluebooze" virus attack. It started last night.
713hobbyman is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 05:37 AM   #25
administrator
Administrator

User ID: 16
Encounters: 3

not to worry on the blank banner. that's our doing. we have eliminated the vulnerability and are finding and removing anything that could have possibly been compromised...which seems to be limited to certain .swf files only (flash banner ads)

the warning is due to the fact that we were listed as possibly having malware. we will have to get that tag removed, but making sure that before we request the review we have cleared everything up and patched up any and every possible hole.

very sorry for this alarming development, but we are working round the clock to put this behind us. appreciate your patience.
administrator is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 AM   #26
jakestone
Premium Access

If you use Firefox and have "Block reported attack sites" checked under Tools/Options/Security checked you will receive a blocked site warning. This is because Google thinks there is a problem with the eccie.net site. There is no way to provide an exception for blocked sites using the Firefox browser. Telling Firefox to ignore the warning does not work as the eccie.net page does not then load correctly. Google must change their rating. Eccie owners have to convince Google the site is safe. Given the nature of the content on eccie this will likely be a continuing problem for Firefox users as there a lot of questionable sites that may be linked to through eccie. Although this is the first time Firefox has blocked eccie.net to my knowledge.
If a Firefox user unchecks the security warning eccie can be then be accessed. Unfortunately this may leave one's computer vulnerable. But if you have sufficient Firewall/Anti-virus/Malware protection in place this may not be a big worry.
Eccie.net can be successfully reached using Internet Explorer.
jakestone is online now   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 07:51 AM   #27
Paven
Pending Age Verification

User ID: 3790
My ECCIE Reviews

Jakestone, thank you so much for letting me know I can get on here through Internet Explorer! Attack Page came up on eccie last night and boy what a buggah that's been. That is through Firefox, I hope they can get things cleared up soon. I've been having minor freak outs and haven't been able to post at all! I appreciate the information.
Peace to you in the Sunflower state from the ATX.
Paven~
Paven is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:35 AM   #28
fidelpot
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

sad to say that the site is still very vulnerable. eccie is running an old version of vBulletin (v3.8.1), which is an easy target for hacking. there's been a published xss exploit for over a year.

See: http://forum.intern0t.net/exploits-v...scripting.html
for one discussion thread

quote from thread:
"An XSS flaw within the editor controls has recently been discovered. This could allow an attacker to carry out an action as a user or obtain access to a user's account."

a hacker could easily gain access to user, admin and owner accounts via this xss exploit, making the hack yesterday look very tame. think about that next time you log in folks.

in addition, the super admin needs to log into his google account and submit a review request so the warning is released. otherwise people will continue to get the warning message, which is what's happening now.
fidelpot is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:41 AM   #29
ck1942
Meet & Greet Organizer

Encounters: 181

Got the same issues with both Firefox and Chrome.

I suspect (no data to prove it) that multiple hackers/haters, etc. may have reported the site to the "network monitors" and that is why the interruptions are happening.

Remember, Google and other search engines share a lot of data.... however, Google reports:

Safe Browsing
Diagnostic page for eccie.net

What is the current listing status for eccie.net?

Site is listed as suspicious - visiting this web site may harm your computer.

Part of this site was listed for suspicious activity 2 time(s) over the past 90 days.

What happened when Google visited this site?

Of the 161 pages we tested on the site over the past 90 days, 25 page(s) resulted in malicious software being downloaded and installed without user consent. The last time Google visited this site was on 2010-09-18, and the last time suspicious content was found on this site was on 2010-09-17.

Malicious software is hosted on 1 domain(s), including bluebooze.ru/.

This site was hosted on 2 network(s) including AS19066 (WIREDTREE), AS13768 (PEER1).

Has this site acted as an intermediary resulting in further distribution of malware?

Over the past 90 days, eccie.net did not appear to function as an intermediary for the infection of any sites.

Has this site hosted malware?

No, this site has not hosted malicious software over the past 90 days.

How did this happen?

In some cases, third parties can add malicious code to legitimate sites, which would cause us to show the warning message.

Next steps:

* Return to the previous page.
* If you are the owner of this web site, you can request a review of your site using Google Webmaster Tools. More information about the review process is available in Google's Webmaster Help Center.

None of my extensive protection packages have flagged anything on eccie in the past week, but I did get one flag when accessing a showcase on the main page. I backed off, hit another showcase, rec'd no flagging messages.
ck1942 is offline   Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 08:42 AM   #30
fidelpot
Registered Member

Encounters: 1

for those who do not see the warning, here it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Picture-1.jpg (30.3 KB, 458 views)
fidelpot is offline   Quote

AMPReviews.net
Find Ladies
Hot Women